Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog!  (Read 2166 times)

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog!
« on: July 14, 2008, 02:39:40 pm »
www.drhorrible.com

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXI3obHfwgU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXI3obHfwgU</a>

The story of a low-rent super-villain, the hero who keeps beating him up, and the cute girl from the laundromat he's too shy to talk to.

Starring Neil Patrick Harris as Dr. Horrible, Nathan Fillion as Captain Hammer, Felicia Day as Penny, and a cast of dozens!

Directed by Joss Whedon

Written by Joss Whedon, Zack Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen and Jed Whedon

Okay. So I already wrote up this huge thing, but then Firefox screwed up and I lost it, so I'm going to make this (somewhat) brief.

What: A 3-part internet musical mini-series, roughly 40 minutes in length.

When: Each part will go up 2 days apart from each other, starting tomorrow July 15th, on the official website (posted up top). There they will be available for free streaming until midnight July 20th. So that's:

ACT ONE: Tuesday July 15th.

ACT TWO: Thursday July 17th.

ACT THREE: Saturday July 19th.

Some time after they are taken down, they will be available for download at some fee I don't know just yet. This was made with the money of the creative team, and whatever favours they could pull, during the writer's strike. They're trying to prove the internet's worth as a viable business model, and making money is a necessary part of that.

Later, a DVD will be released, with apparently huge amounts of special features. One of which is a musical commentary track (yeah, I crapped myself too). A soundtrack will also be released.

So I guess that's really all you need to know. If you want more information, you can go to the official website.

www.drhorrible.com

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
Re: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 06:38:46 am »
Bumped because Part 1 is now online (although apparently only for US residents at the moment. Hopefully that'll change soon). It's fantastic, I think, and everyone should watch it right now.

Seriously, do it.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 06:55:53 am »
Wow, it's pretty good. How were you involved in the film?
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 07:05:16 am »
Wow, it's pretty good. How were you involved in the film?

I wasn't. >_>

I'm just a fan helping with promotion. This needs to be successful in order for internet distribution to be taken seriously as a business model.

I'm glad you like it though. :D

EDIT: Okay, it's now up for viewing outside the US, and has been for a few hours before I made this edit. Also, the site has recently crashed, apparently, but it should be back up and running very soon.

EDIT 2: Alright, the newer, better server is still being worked out, although apparently some people have still been able to get to the site. I haven't, myself. However, here's another link that work's for me, and should be a good alternative until everything is worked out with the new server:

http://www.drhorrible.com.nyud.net/
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 03:10:02 am by Racoon Boy »

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 03:26:48 pm »
Act II is up now, and this time there are no region-locking/server-crashing issues. Yay.

Again, check it out here: www.drhorrible.com

I think it's even better than the first part. The song at the beginning is fantastic!

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 10:59:24 pm »
  • *whistle*
Oh my gosh.

I love it I love I love it.

It's Joss !@#$% Whedon anyway (I never really got into Firefly but w/e) and this is quite possibly the best thing he's ever made.

Emotive, funny and yet totally badass. Freeze Ray and Brand New Day are my favourite songs at the moment, and oddly enough, there's not really a song I actually hate so far (normally, a musical has at least one song that completely turns me off).
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 05:32:25 am »
Yeah, it's honestly a lot higher quality than I expected. I don't know if it's the best thing he's done, but I'm certain it's one of them.

My favourite songs so far are "Freeze Ray" and the song at the beginning of the 2nd act. I don't really know what to call that one, "On The Rise", maybe?

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 04:32:48 am »
Wow.

Okay, Act III went up half an hour ago.

Again, watch it here: www.drhorrible.com

What an amazing ending. Completely perfect. If you haven't watched this yet, you really need to.

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 12:08:50 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
The ending...  So sad...

Joss Whedon is a great, great man.  We should all thank him for creating this.

Thanks, Joss.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 03:38:29 am »
  • :3
I !@#$% loved it. A friend made me watch it, and I haven't looked back since. My favourite song's Slipping in Act III, Brand New Day in Act II.

But what's up with the ending?
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 03:51:12 am »
  • I have a post count! WTF I post?
Wow I thank you for posting this or I never would of known about it... It is epic... Too bad its over  :'(.
[spoiler=Anime lol]Absolute favorites, FMA, Gurren Lagann(NEW MOVIE HELL YEA, Also I highly recommend this, i mean highly recommend).
Currently Watching, Code Geass, Soul Eater[/spoiler]
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 03:55:01 am »
  • :D
as a Whedon fan, of course I was watching these the second they came out :P

Me and a friend of mine (I'm at a summer program at CMU) started watching them, and she and I ended up getting everybody on my floor into it, so I've rewatched it about 10 times showing other people.

<3 it SO Much
My favourite song's Slipping in Act III, Brand New Day in Act II.
pretty much my opinion too :)

<3 Act III the most

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 03:57:10 am »
Wow I thank you for posting this or I never would of known about it... It is epic... Too bad its over  :'(.

Maybe not. Read the Master Plan, and they say they want to do more with it. Someone please explain the ending to me though. And by ending I mean when Dr. Horrible says "a thing". It seems he achieved his goals by accident, too.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 03:59:55 am »
My favourite songs are probably, along with the ones I already said, Slipping and the last one (not sure what to call it).

I too got a bunch of my friends to watch it, and they all loved it. One of them didn't like the ending, though.

EDIT: Kyubi, he achieved his goals, but he lost the person he loved as a price. He's suffering, and that's what the end is getting at. Also, he covers his eyes now, with the goggle things. Likely for the same reason.

Joss has indeed expressed interest in continuing this. There aren't any real plans yet, but apparently he's thought about it. There's also been talk of making more online comics like the one linked on the site.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 04:15:22 am by Racoon Boy »

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 05:12:31 am »
...Captain Hammer's song about everyone being a hero in their own way (Too lazy to look up the name) could be retooled as a political speech.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 10:08:01 pm »
My favourite songs are probably, along with the ones I already said, Slipping and the last one (not sure what to call it).

I too got a bunch of my friends to watch it, and they all loved it. One of them didn't like the ending, though.

EDIT: Kyubi, he achieved his goals, but he lost the person he loved as a price. He's suffering, and that's what the end is getting at. Also, he covers his eyes now, with the goggle things. Likely for the same reason.

Joss has indeed expressed interest in continuing this. There aren't any real plans yet, but apparently he's thought about it. There's also been talk of making more online comics like the one linked on the site.
I'm on about why he's in his normal clothes at the end.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 01:27:15 am »
Yeah, I'm kind of curious about that too, now that you mention it.

Wouldn't that blow his hole... uh...  do villains even HAVE secret identities?
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 06:50:06 am »

That's what I was explaining. >_>

He's showing off the big bad villain to the world, but underneath all of that is Billy, all alone and suffering from his loss.

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 04:51:44 pm »
  • :D
I have all the episodes on my computer, and all the songs on my ipod-- and I still can't wait to buy the DVD.
* a Hint of Lime really wants MORE.
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 06:38:29 pm »
* a Hint of Lime really wants MORE.
* HatSoup really wants MORE.

I'm HatSoup by the way.

Best. Web. Show. In. Forever.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.461 seconds with 77 queries.

anything