Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ITT: Nintendo Sucking Balls  (Read 3949 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: ITT: Nintendo Sucking Balls
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 09:26:25 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Yeah, boo for not giving the hardcore gamers exactly what they want. Wake up guys, Nintendo is evolving, and this is no time to press B.

Yeah, you know !@#$% over part of your audience just to reach the easily !@#$% amused. Excellent tactic. !@#$% hell they could atleast make an attempt to attract as many audiences as possible instead of just fixing on one. Instead of releasing the end result of Iwata cumming in a bucket of money.

Since when is this all about you? Many (hardcore) gamers seem to think that when a game company releases a game for casuals, or switching focus to them for just a bit, it's all part of a grand plan to screw the gamers over. Are you too afraid to see the big picture because you might not be getting your annual Zelda?

If you actually watched the conference, you would have understood that casual gamers are a growing force, and it also needs feeding. You can't have the cake for your own anymore. Boo Nintendo for evolving the whole franchise, boo for caring about something else than YOU for a second.

I loathe the term "hardcore" and "casual"... They're made up terms to try to split and categorize gamers, when people should just play games they enjoy and deal with it.

Although, I greatly GREATLY disagree with the statement that they're "evolving the whole franchise"... They changed their demographic; it's not evolving gaming at all. Nintendo has shifted their market to that "untapped demographic of people who don't normally play games", and ditched people who grew up with their consoles throughout the early 90s. Reality check, it's a cash in. They've found a way to get non-gamers money for the gamer market.

WiiMusic doesn't appeal to me. I have real instruments to play that don't rely on the inaccuracies of the wiimote.

Also much like Bert said-

Attacking Nintendo =/= an attack against YOU. So please don't take it as such.
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 09:34:59 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
I've never seen so much !@#$% whining in my entire life. Wii Music looks cool, and all of you know it. Cry more about the fact that you have to wait a little longer for Zelda. Please, cry more.

Let's put WiiMusic into perspective, so you all can get a glimpse as to why it enrages me, completely ignoring the principles of it and how it portrays music.

In order to play this, you'll have to have software. Ok, for the sake of argument, $50.
Then you'll need a Wii-mote. You should already have one of these.
Then you'll need a nun-chuck. $20.
Then you'll need a balance board. $15.
Then you'll need a 1:1 motion sensor. Price unannounced but for the sake of argument, $20.

That's a grand total of $105 for a player who only owns a Wii and wishes to play WiiMusic. But wait, want to play with a friend on guitar? Ok!

You'll need an additional wii-mote. $40.
An additional nunchuck. $20.
An additional 1:1 sensor (Probably). $20.

That's $80. $185 to play 2P WiiMusic from a fresh $250 Wii. Sure, you could find friends to bring peripherals over or you might have them already, and they work with other niche games, but damn, for that price, why not just buy Rock Band and the first volume of DLC for your Wii? It'd be helluva lot more fun than playing on a game that will really make the music for you as you wave around your air instruments wildly. And you get to play licensed rock songs instead of Nintendo hits, which for most sane people would be a plus, but knowing this place some people would much prefer to play video game music...

I'm sorry, but Nintendo dropped the ball here from the way they presented this at E3.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 09:34:59 pm »
Yeah, boo for not giving the hardcore gamers exactly what they want. Wake up guys, Nintendo is evolving, and this is no time to press B.

Yeah, you know !@#$% over part of your audience just to reach the easily !@#$% amused. Excellent tactic. !@#$% hell they could atleast make an attempt to attract as many audiences as possible instead of just fixing on one. Instead of releasing the end result of Iwata cumming in a bucket of money.

Since when is this all about you? Many (hardcore) gamers seem to think that when a game company releases a game for casuals, or switching focus to them for just a bit, it's all part of a grand plan to screw the gamers over. Are you too afraid to see the big picture because you might not be getting your annual Zelda?

If you actually watched the conference, you would have understood that casual gamers are a growing force, and it also needs feeding. You can't have the cake for your own anymore. Boo Nintendo for evolving the whole franchise, boo for caring about something else than YOU for a second.

First of all, don't make this personal. Okay? It will save a !@#$% load of personal attacks being frown about, and dont for a second think I give a !@#$% about my modmanship and this user account, because I couldn't give too fucks anymore. I never made a personal advance against you, so why would you start it? This isn't about 'ME' this is about every !@#$% hardcore gamer out there. They all feel !@#$% over and left out because of Nintendo and its true Nintendo is doing it. And just because Casual gaming may be on a rise doesn't mean they can block out hardcore gamers. Thats like starving all the people without problems with getting food just to feed the ones with problems getting it. A bit drastic but that should help you see it from my point of view.

ALSO: I only ever liked one Zelda, OoT well and perhaps WW. But I couldn't give a toss about the next Zelda game. Its the same damn thing over and over. Yawn.

It seems like you wanted to interpret my "you" as if it was aimed towards you as one person. In fact I meant "you" as in all hardcore gamers. It seems that you were seeking this argument, and I can't figure out why. Anyway.

Nintendo has never focused on casual gamers until now. It has all been aimed towards the "real" gamers for over 20 years. When Nintendo actually does anything about it, everybody starts to cry. And I don't see why they do. Sure, Nintendo didn't present any new secret projects aimed towards "real" gamers for this E3. How do you know they just aren't holding in on them?

I loathe the term "hardcore" and "casual"... They're made up terms to try to split and categorize gamers, when people should just play games they enjoy and deal with it.

Although, I greatly GREATLY disagree with the statement that they're "evolving the whole franchise"... They changed their demographic; it's not evolving gaming at all. Nintendo has shifted their market to that "untapped demographic of people who don't normally play games", and ditched people who grew up with their consoles throughout the early 90s. Reality check, it's a cash in. They've found a way to get non-gamers money for the gamer market.

WiiMusic doesn't appeal to me. I have real instruments to play that don't rely on the inaccuracies of the wiimote.

Also much like Bert said-

Attacking Nintendo =/= an attack against YOU. So please don't take it as such.

How is switching from gamepads to motion sensor controls not evolving?
How is using touch screens to control games not evolving?
How is reaching out to the people who has never played a game before not evolving?
How is laying the focus on creative ideas and good gameplay rather than spotless graphics not evolving?

If you can answer these questions satisfyingly, I will rest my case.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 09:40:29 pm by Soulrivers »
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 09:43:25 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
Soul:
1. Motion controls so far have proven to just emulate button presses. 1:1 sensor might change that, maybe, but that was what was promised and should've been built in.
2. Touch-screen controls are a step backwards sometimes. Look at Starfox Armada to see what I mean. It's nice, when used right, though.
3. It's only reaching out when you're making games for multiple audiences instead of switching gears to favor one new audience over another.
4. Nintendo's creative as soon as we see some mind-blowing new IPs that take advantage of the Wii's new control scheme. As of now I can't think of any, unless you count WiiCasual...
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 09:50:47 pm »

First of all, don't make this personal. Okay? It will save a !@#$% load of personal attacks being frown about, and dont for a second think I give a !@#$% about my modmanship and this user account, because I couldn't give too fucks anymore. I never made a personal advance against you, so why would you start it? This isn't about 'ME' this is about every !@#$% hardcore gamer out there. They all feel !@#$% over and left out because of Nintendo and its true Nintendo is doing it. And just because Casual gaming may be on a rise doesn't mean they can block out hardcore gamers. Thats like starving all the people without problems with getting food just to feed the ones with problems getting it. A bit drastic but that should help you see it from my point of view.

ALSO: I only ever liked one Zelda, OoT well and perhaps WW. But I couldn't give a toss about the next Zelda game. Its the same damn thing over and over. Yawn.

It seems like you wanted to interpret my "you" as if it was aimed towards you as one person. In fact I meant "you" as in all hardcore gamers. It seems that you were seeking this argument, and I can't figure out why. Anyway.

Nintendo has never focused on casual gamers until now. It has all been aimed towards the "real" gamers for over 20 years. When Nintendo actually does anything about it, everybody starts to cry. And I don't see why they do. Sure, Nintendo didn't present any new secret projects aimed towards "real" gamers for this E3. How do you know they just aren't holding in on them?

It seemed like a personal attack, so sorry for misinterpretting it then. Anyways; Even then you don't just block out your original audience. Never ever do that. I dont give a !@#$% if companies like to appeal to other audiences, but when they begin to ignore and blank their original audience thats when it comes down to shitty company managment.  And to your latter. Because its Nintendo. Casual Bummers all the way it seems.

How is reaching out to the people who has never played a game before not evolving?

Its not evolving though. If it was it would find some way too still appease the hardcore audience. And from what I've seen they're doing !@#$% all too fix that.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 09:57:08 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

How is switching from gamepads to motion sensor controls not evolving?
How is using touch screens to control games not evolving?
How is laying the focus on creative ideas and good gameplay rather than spotless graphics not evolving?

If you can answer these questions satisfyingly, I will rest my case.

Nintendo is the only !@#$% one doing it. That's how.

Gamers don't want the LACK OF CONTROL they suffer from a !@#$% "remote" as a controller.
Touch Screens are cool. But again, Nintendo's the ONLY ONE DOING IT.
They're reaching out to NONGAMERS as a cash in, and in the process, not supporting people who grew up with them. It's funny how people say Sony and Microsoft are bad. They never abandoned their original demographic.
How are they creative ideas and good gameplay? Mario Galaxy was cool, had good game play. Wait what? 1 game? Also, those "idea's" aren't new. Nintendo is just rehashing what they started with the NES, and trying to make games around that.

Again, they're not "evolving the industry". I can see where a fanboy would think that, but this is reality. People who actually care about needing to have skill to play a game feel it's all novelty.

I love my DS, and I love my 360. I will NOT buy a Wii right now. It's not meant for people who want a challenge.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 09:59:01 pm by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 10:06:15 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.

I love my DS, and I love my 360. I will NOT buy a Wii right now. It's not meant for people who want a challenge until some dev finally decides to add it in.

This. The Wii is getting the same problem the DS got when it came out. Everyone got excited "Ooh! Ooh! I can touch to move?! LET'S DO IT!" and they forgot that games needed to be fun, not just "use as much power the system gives you to make something". I think Nintendo did a great job with Phantom Hourglass (except how easy it was) but back when, they released Yoshi Touch n' Go which was... the biggest... WTF I've ever seen.

Maybe if we give the Wii some time, devs and Ninty will grow out of their "ZOMG use motion seonsors nao plx" and start making GAMES.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 10:57:12 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Instead of all the "regular" franchises that need to be needlessly updated every generation, how about Nintendo makes 5-6 new franchises, and keeps going with the ones that are good. I think we are in need of more Adventure franchises by Nintendo, Zelda may be nice, but we need more epic games from Nintendo. (And no FPS's, we have enough of that crap polluting the current generation)
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 11:31:26 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oThIqw2NWK4

I request an animated GIF of 1:10 to 1:15. Or someone could just tell me how and I'll make it myself.

Gimme a few minutes...
I think someone owes me a rupee or something... O:>
Thanks. How do you capture all the frames? Just hit screencap a bunch of times?
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 12:06:46 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oThIqw2NWK4

I request an animated GIF of 1:10 to 1:15. Or someone could just tell me how and I'll make it myself.

Gimme a few minutes...
I think someone owes me a rupee or something... O:>
Thanks. How do you capture all the frames? Just hit screencap a bunch of times?

There's a program called "AnimGet" that rapidly takes screenshots and saves them.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2008, 12:28:18 am »
  • Silly cat!
I was bothered yesterday, but now I don't really mind. I want Animal Crossing even if it is just more of the same, and I'll get Wii Sports Resort along with the 1:1 peripheral thing, even though I won't play it too much. But seriously, today Shigeru not only hinted at a Galaxy, Pikmin, Kid Icarus and New Super Mario Bros. sequel, but he also CONFIRMED a Wii Zelda. Honestly, Nintendo are just not talking and there are some solid projects underway.

And if you're whining about any of those games, then, well, honestly, all I can say is, they're just games. All of them are. And E3 is just some stupid event to show them off. It's not a big deal.

Hoffy.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2008, 11:43:15 pm »
  • :3
I think TGS will be the new E3 for Nintendo now. They don't need to tone that down, since financially it's much more viable. Since E3 is a smaller event now, the hype machine is less efficient there, so why waste money trying to big up the big games there when you can just do small games with very little fanfare?
Gannon-banned brother.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2008, 11:49:50 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Finally, someone else mentions TGS. I afree with you completely Kyubi.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2008, 11:57:26 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
Nintendo isn't attending TGS

I </3 Sol

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2008, 11:58:27 pm »
  • :3
Nintendo isn't attending TGS
;_;

Leipzig? Wait, what else is there?
Gannon-banned brother.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2008, 01:49:01 am »
  • Silly cat!
Why do Nintendo need some event to reveal their games? Why can't they just do it when they're ready?

I'd say Nintendo will be doing some kind of Spaceworld-esque thing later on this year, anyway. Or next year. I'd say NoA is pretty aware by now that the internet has been QQing non-stop about their E3 showing, and they're going to try and win us back somehow.

Hoffy.
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2008, 02:02:39 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
It would have been a waste of time for them to mention the stuff we already know. If you were a Nintendo fan you'd probably know about what's coming. So they did it on the more casual games that noone really knew about until then. E3 isn't really for the hard-core anymore.
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2008, 08:49:36 pm »
I'm betting Leipzig or E! for all.
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2008, 12:07:31 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
I actually like the look of the MotionPlus and Wii Sports Resort. And it's nice that they'll be bundled together. That was really the only highlight for me, except that Animal Crossing looks nice.
  • Lionfish Apps
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.691 seconds with 76 queries.