Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Shiggy's excuse for why their E3 showing sucked so much.  (Read 5933 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Shiggy's excuse for why their E3 showing sucked ...
« on: July 17, 2008, 11:25:10 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Quote from: Shigeru Miyamoto
I think that there’s probably one other element to it, and that’s that our view of how we use E3 has changed. For a very long time, E3 was an event where — and certainly Nintendo included — catered specifically to the core gamer. Now we look at more … an opportunity for us to introduce new concepts and new types of play that we intend to bring to the broader audience, particularly because of the media that gathers at E3 now.

So while attending an E3 event like this, they might be given the impression that Nintendo is no longer focusing on the games that appeal to the core gamer, in fact we’re still working on many of those titles, but it’s just not the type of event where we’ll be showcasing that anymore.

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25710005/

I think it's a fair enough thing to say. I mean, look at what Nintendo brought to E3 last year... Wii Fit. That was it. If HAL hadn't brought along their Brawl demo we all would have been super pissed like this year. Fact is, Shiggy did mention some good games to interviewers when they got it out of him - namely Zelda, Pikmin, Mario Galaxy 2 and New Bros. 2. Shigeru and Nintendo just didn't see the point in revealing it at an event full of silly reporters.

Wii Sports Resort and Wii Music are just two games in Nintendo's cauldron of goodies. Two games that are extremely casual. Everything else is sure to have some old-fashioned Nintendo Seal of Quality.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 11:26:45 pm by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
Re: Shiggy's excuse for why their E3 showing suc...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 11:27:31 pm »
This only goes to show that Nintendo was the bigger man. Again.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 12:09:29 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
It makes sense too. Shiggy always has a way with words.  :P
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 12:24:07 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
How do you know these games even exist if they keep tight lipped on even announcing the things? Plus, they could've easily spent some of that air time talking less about skewed charts and graphs,

and more about their core IPs that made them what they are today. It's just like your topic title states: an excuse. An unexcusable (LOL) one at that.

Dear Nintendo,

Please stop putting this on your new IPs.

It's becoming scarily accurate.

Conclusion:

Thank you! I'll be here until Friday.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 12:30:42 am »
  • (b'-')b Jesus Guitar d('-'d)
Nintendo has always been tight lipped. Why are you getting all uppity about it now, Walnut? The truth is, they don't HAVE to tell us anything. They don't HAVE to bring specific things to E3. They don't HAVE to do anything. This is an excuse for what happened there, and I don't doubt it.

But I still won't be buying any more video games whatsoever, ever, so LOL.
T H I R T Y - T H R E E   T H R E E

Blog | Myspace | Facebook | Clan LmS
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 12:40:52 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
[sarcasm] Because, you know, people still really really care about E3. [/sarcasm]
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 12:46:06 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
Nintendo has always been tight lipped. Why are you getting all uppity about it now, Walnut? The truth is, they don't HAVE to tell us anything. They don't HAVE to bring specific things to E3. They don't HAVE to do anything. This is an excuse for what happened there, and I don't doubt it.

There have been many times in the past where they'd at least announce games. It seems to me they're on track of just saying !@#$% it to their core base when they're waiting longer and longer to announce "hardcore" games, and when they say !@#$% like this:

1UP: With your new focus on user-friendly controls and playability, will this approach play into, for example, future iterations of Mario and Zelda? Will this affect game design in any way?

SM: Frankly, some of the so-called "franchise games" are quite difficult for nongamers to play, so making accessible games for these players is key. With Zelda, we have to consider how to make it accessible for new gamers to pick up and play and enjoy just as hardcore gamers have. For example, we've got the Touch Generations series. Now, we're not necessarily going to make our "franchise" games in that style, but we'll take what we know and have learned -- the philosophy behind those games -- and incorporate it into franchise games. That's a philosophy that's very strong at Nintendo.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 12:56:31 am »

There have been many times in the past where they'd at least announce games. It seems to me they're on track of just saying !@#$% it to their core base when they're waiting longer and longer to announce "hardcore" games, and when they say !@#$% like this:

1UP: With your new focus on user-friendly controls and playability, will this approach play into, for example, future iterations of Mario and Zelda? Will this affect game design in any way?

SM: Frankly, some of the so-called "franchise games" are quite difficult for nongamers to play, so making accessible games for these players is key. With Zelda, we have to consider how to make it accessible for new gamers to pick up and play and enjoy just as hardcore gamers have. For example, we've got the Touch Generations series. Now, we're not necessarily going to make our "franchise" games in that style, but we'll take what we know and have learned -- the philosophy behind those games -- and incorporate it into franchise games. That's a philosophy that's very strong at Nintendo.
I don't see the problem.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 01:05:18 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Meh It's not our parent's nintendo anymore. Even Shigeru's response just kinda screamed "We don't know how to appeal to the fanbase we developed from the 80s and 90s"... :\ I'm disappointed on a much deeper level than "E3 sucked for Nintendo"... It's more of "Why isn't Nintendo giving back to the ones who helped make them the giant they are today"
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 01:13:48 am »
Meh It's not our parent's nintendo anymore. Even Shigeru's response just kinda screamed "We don't know how to appeal to the fanbase we developed from the 80s and 90s"... :\ I'm disappointed on a much deeper level than "E3 sucked for Nintendo"... It's more of "Why isn't Nintendo giving back to the ones who helped make them the giant they are today"
Because there's plenty of people who are willing to continue to help them build up that AREN'T their fanbase from the 80's and 90's. Nintendo is great at printing making money.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 01:16:19 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Because there's plenty of people who are willing to continue to help them build up that AREN'T their fanbase from the 80's and 90's. Nintendo is great at printing making money.

Yeah, but it's at the cost of the ones who helped them build their empire <_<... Although, they do have VC.... But it still doesn't make the Wii worth it's pricetag for me
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 01:25:32 am »
nintendo already lost me when they came out with twilight princess. I'm glad I stopped following them when I did
  • Google Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 02:05:56 am »

Yeah, but it's at the cost of the ones who helped them build their empire <_<... Although, they do have VC.... But it still doesn't make the Wii worth it's pricetag for me
That's because the only system worth its price is the PS3, due to everything that you get along with it.

But, seriously, there's plenty of old fans who are perfectly fine with what they're doing now. It's just that we see the part of them that aren't happy with it.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 02:16:41 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

That's because the only system worth its price is the PS3, due to everything that you get along with it.

But, seriously, there's plenty of old fans who are perfectly fine with what they're doing now. It's just that we see the part of them that aren't happy with it.
I don't own a PS3 either.

But, seriously, as you put it- the "old fans" you speak of still aren't 18, and probably don't have a job yet. It makes sense for them to be "perfectly fine with what they're doing now", because more than likely they didn't have to pay for that paperweight <_<;;

I'm a little bit bitter on the subject though, lol I still <3 my DS
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 02:17:27 am »

But, seriously, as you put it- the "old fans" you speak of still aren't 18, and probably don't have a job yet. It makes sense for them to be "perfectly fine with what they're doing now", because more than likely they didn't have to pay for that paperweight <_<;;

No, I'm pretty sure a lot of those "old fans" are 18 and over and are perfectly happy with their purchases.

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 03:28:50 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
[sarcasm] Because, you know, people still really really care about E3. [/sarcasm]

It's not just about E3, it's about Nintendo sucking like a black hole.
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 03:29:22 am »
Remember how E3 got officially "toned down"

does anyone remember?

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 03:34:24 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

No, I'm pretty sure a couple of those "old fans" are 18 and over and are perfectly happy with their purchases.

I fixed your post so I can agree with it.

Remember how E3 got officially "toned down"

does anyone remember?

Actually I don't, lol but I wasn't able to follow last years E3
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 03:35:01 am »
HEY.

DON'T PUT NEW WORDS INTO MY POSTS. D:<

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 03:36:28 am »
I think last year was the first of the 'toned down E3s'
They had a few rules in place like no more booth babes even though they've already made a bit of a comeback this year.
It's why last years E3 overall was quite the disaster.

I miss the big showy E3s, but obviously the devs don't really.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.812 seconds with 94 queries.