Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Shiggy's excuse for why their E3 showing sucked so much.  (Read 5932 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Shiggy's excuse for why their E3 showing suc...
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 03:39:56 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I think last year was the first of the 'toned down E3s'
They had a few rules in place like no more booth babes even though they've already made a bit of a comeback this year.
It's why last years E3 overall was quite the disaster.

I miss the big showy E3s, but obviously the devs don't really.

Well that blows balls, lol... Thank god for the internet then I guess
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2008, 03:59:17 am »
Though I think theres supposed to be an E3 for all event coming up in the fall which might be a little more like the original E3, not sure though. Though really since they made E3 more exclusive you kinda gotta stop expecting anything very exciting out of it. It's not supposed to be for gamers any more. It's more for the people who sell games to gamers.
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 04:47:22 am »
  • Silly cat!
There's been a lot of "Nintendo have finally lost it", "They clearly don't cater for the core gamer anymore" and "I'm selling my Wii LOL" going on around the internet due to this E3, and I really think people are overreacting.

I might sound like a crazy old man, but I know Nintendo are going to come out with something sometime in the future. If people just waited and trusted in Nintendo's employees :/. If you read any interview with Shiggy you can see he was feeling pretty !@#$% and he wanted to reassure all of the gamers that stuck with Nintendo, especially through the hard times in the N64 and GCN eras, that they'd still get their games. In case you don't remember, this man (and many other developers at Nintendo) actually enjoy expressing their talent through game design and will still be holding true to that in the future.

How do you know these games even exist if they keep tight lipped on even announcing the things? Plus, they could've easily spent some of that air time talking less about skewed charts and graphs,

and more about their core IPs that made them what they are today. It's just like your topic title states: an excuse. An unexcusable (LOL) one at that.

Dear Nintendo,

Please stop putting this on your new IPs.

It's becoming scarily accurate.

Conclusion:

Thank you! I'll be here until Friday.

Well you don't have to be such a tool about it >_____>

nintendo already lost me when they came out with twilight princess. I'm glad I stopped following them when I did
I question your existence at this forum.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 04:56:46 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 04:59:06 am »
  • (b'-')b Jesus Guitar d('-'d)
nintendo already lost me when they came out with twilight princess. I'm glad I stopped following them when I did
Then you also question mine. :P

Seriously, Twilight Princess was such a huge let down, and I've played each and every Zelda game, and beaten them, in existence. I don't even mind the crappiness of the CD-I games. But they hyped up TP SO MUCH and made it out to be this AMAZING game, and then it was just... crap. I loved the graphics and how the battles were a lot smoother, however (over the shoulder camera, most of the time, FTW).
T H I R T Y - T H R E E   T H R E E

Blog | Myspace | Facebook | Clan LmS

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 05:00:58 am »
  • Silly cat!

Seriously, Twilight Princess was such a huge let down, and I've played each and every Zelda game, and beaten them, in existence. I don't even mind the crappiness of the CD-I games. But they hyped up TP SO MUCH and made it out to be this AMAZING game, and then it was just... crap. I loved the graphics and how the battles were a lot smoother, however (over the shoulder camera, most of the time, FTW).
Oh no no.

If you don't like Twilight Princess, that's fine. I can understand that.

But if you don't appreciate Nintendo in the slightest, well, you might want to look around at the forum layout and who you're spending several hours of your life with. That's what I was trying to say to Cuddle♥Bunny.

Hoffy.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 05:06:20 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Oh no no.

But if you don't appreciate Nintendo in the slightest, well, you might want to look around at the forum layout and who you're spending several hours of your life with. That's what I was trying to say to Cuddle♥Bunny.

I cant agree :s

I think Cuddle♥Bunny's statement is valid; he appreciates what Nintendo was, and not what Nintendo is today. Zelda was a big part of what Nintendo was back in the day, so it's perfectly acceptable for him to be here, even if he doesn't support Ninty :p

Although I didn't mind TP much :s

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 05:13:12 am »
  • Silly cat!

Oh no no.

I think Cuddle♥Bunny's statement is valid; he appreciates what Nintendo was, and not what Nintendo is today. Zelda was a big part of what Nintendo was back in the day, so it's perfectly acceptable for him to be here, even if he doesn't support Ninty :p

Hrm... A good point I suppose.

I just can't win ;________;

Hoffy.
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 05:15:52 am »

Oh no no.

Hrm... A good point I suppose.

I just can't win ;________;
*shakes head*

You should quit life. *pats on the back sympathetically*

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 07:48:37 am »
I come here to inform everyone of the greatness of the PlayStation 3 console.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 08:33:54 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君

If you're not going to buy a PS3 for me then I don't care. :­P

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 08:36:12 am »
  • Silly cat!
Your sarcasm is a little late.

And even then it would've be much more appreciated if you could've explained yourself like Mamoru did for you, in which case it was unnecessary to post at all.

Hoffy.
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 08:36:54 am »
sorry I didn't know I needed a backstory to post on a forum
  • Google Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 10:18:11 am »

You don't, but you need some common sense.
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 10:30:00 am »
Nintendo hasn't forgotten the core gamer. They just decided to not show the core games at the E3. But they're working on some major core games at the moment.
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2008, 10:35:40 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
Nintendo hasn't forgotten the core gamer. They just decided to not show the core games at the E3. But they're working on some major core games at the moment.

Thank you Hyrule boy for that excellent peice of ever-faithful fanboyism. :P

Also, CM, you realise that you made almost no sense to me in your post about Twilight princess and the Hype, you say you can bear the CD-i games, then you say it was too hyped up, then you say because of the Hype it was worse than the CD-i games.

News people: Twilight princess would be fun if you stopped thinking 'it's meant to be the perfect game ever' and took a view that looked at the actual game in itself, I found it quite enjoyable, maybe the best of Zelda for me.
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2008, 01:34:52 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine

Also, CM, you realise that you made almost no sense to me in your post about Twilight princess and the Hype, you say you can bear the CD-i games, then you say it was too hyped up, then you say because of the Hype it was worse than the CD-i games.

News people: Twilight princess would be fun if you stopped thinking 'it's meant to be the perfect game ever' and took a view that looked at the actual game in itself, I found it quite enjoyable, maybe the best of Zelda for me.

H_B has a point though. They've said that they're working on a new Zelda, new Mario, and new pikmin has been semi-announced, Brawl only just came out. Those are games for hardcore gamers.

E3 is now a business and media summet. Not a gaming summet. Although I would have strongly prefered it to show some awesome stuff, im not sure E3 is the place anymore. A couple of years they said E3 would change completely and it has.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2008, 06:21:26 pm »

You don't, but you need some common sense.
looks like I'm in luck then.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2008, 07:06:50 pm »

News Flash: I played through the game more than once, explored it in depth, and even looked at it as a standalone game. It didn't deliver anything worthwhile, but pretty graphics.

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2008, 07:14:57 pm »

nothing to do with the hype. Twilight Princess is simply a completely horrible game. Manages to take all the fun out of zelda by making an incredibly easy and boring experience that was obviously engineered to please fans. needless to say, it failed pretty hard.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2008, 08:15:02 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I Loved TP. It gave Hyrule (the actual land) a great amount of character, it was stunningly beautiful, had the best gameplay mechanics of a Zelda game yet, fun and intresting dungeons, good items, and (playing it through for the second time) i noticed some really good characterisation going on.

The only think i found lack a bit was the story, which I liked, but didnt love.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.378 seconds with 79 queries.

anything