Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP] Legend of Zelda fan game  (Read 33013 times)

Re: [WIP] My Legend of Zelda fan game
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2008, 07:54:46 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Is it my imagination, or is the moblin smaller than it should be?
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2008, 08:08:26 am »
I dont really know about the size difference, maybe i scaled him down a little more. He seems really slow because the recording software slows everything down by 30 frames, so thats why everything seems really slow.

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2008, 09:02:57 am »
  • Angelic Hymn
Mmk, cant wait to see the final product then.

"More like Stupei Ace Defective!" - Yukari - Persona 3
  • StarFox 2D
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2008, 12:13:59 am »
anythign happening edlucas??? I am very curios to see more screenshots if you have time.... good luck :P
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2008, 01:36:06 am »
Here are some screenies as requested...made a bit more progress so far. Gonna add cone of vision now instead of link GPS lol.

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2008, 08:04:00 am »
Sorry to double post but i have a few questions that maybe you guys could answer for me.

1. How do you want link to move, cuz right now it may look good but its terrible absolutely terrible. If you guys could write something simple that would explain to me how you want him to move (what keys, with/without the mouse, etc).

2. Does anyone know any heart engine that they could let me see the coding for cuz mine is only a quarter done and it would be one less thing to worry about.

3. If anyone knows how i could achieve the effect (or if you have already created the effect, if i could use it) that is spawned whenever link hits an enemy...if you know the general idea behind the effect, if you could explain it to me so that i better understand it.

4. If you know where to find or if you made any textures of the rolling/dust swirl effect, i have 2 but they are more tailored for the bomb explosions.

5. Any menu engine that i could use as a starting base would also be awesome.

6. What do you want the next thing for me to do once im finished with the AI...anything from chests to levels. I want to put out a demo soon so i was thinking i would create a dungeon area (original geometry but using existing textures) where you could fight moblins. Maybe a chest or something to mix it up but im drawing up blanks from then on.

If you could help me with any of my questions i would greatly appreciate it and it would speed me up quite a bit.
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2008, 12:22:34 pm »
EDLUCAS...... Wow you responded fast i am very impressed!!!!!! Your screenshots look awsome, keep up the good work:)
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2008, 01:37:17 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
1. How do you want link to move, cuz right now it may look good but its terrible absolutely terrible. If you guys could write something simple that would explain to me how you want him to move (what keys, with/without the mouse, etc).

I have a slight idea. Have you played Fable on PC? I think a setup like that would be cool. WSAD for movement, mouse to look around and slash, etc.

6. What do you want the next thing for me to do once im finished with the AI...anything from chests to levels. I want to put out a demo soon so i was thinking i would create a dungeon area (original geometry but using existing textures) where you could fight moblins. Maybe a chest or something to mix it up but im drawing up blanks from then on.

I'd say just stick with basic things you need first. Fix up any coding, bugs you can find, etc. Then just release a room wiht some moblins on it or something. Maybe once you get the HUD working you can add heart containers around?
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2008, 04:10:37 pm »
  • 1 Man Army making Hylian Legends
Your animation has come a long ways Edlucas, I'm impressed.

I have my heart engine complete- but unfortunately, it's for GameCore engine- same with melee, chests giving items, tutorial engine, movement- in otherwords, much of which you seem to be missing.

I don’t have inventory working yet. :-(

I don’t have the stores functional yet

I’m still having issues setting up ammo types.

I don’t have quite your skill with animating though.

In regards to the  effect when link hits an enemy-
   My cheat is to check if he ‘hits’, and if so, at the specific time in the animation of the sword       attacks, I add a particle effects spawner to his blade.

I imagine you will beat me- you’re progressing nicely. Keep up the great work, and good luck :-)

-I still am surprised you’re not using your own textures, and models though- it would be so much more amazing if you did… Then again, I see the wisdom in not doing so- to a point, as I’m hitting year 2 on my game, and I imagine I might well be done if I had gone the ripped models route
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2008, 10:48:14 pm »
Hey ed.... by any chance can you throw a demo out there that has the basics. I am very eager to start playing :)
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2008, 09:15:36 am »
Done...demos out. Although im kinda ashamed of this....its so bad right now...omg. Oh well, let me know what you think. Keep in mind that i know of everything that is incomplete/buggy.

http://files.filefront.com/Wind+Waker+Demorar/;12680733;/fileinfo.html

Btw you will learn to hate the movement system lol. Have fun.
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2008, 02:09:03 pm »
Blimey.... once again AMAZING JOB......

Please keep up this fast pace:)
« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2008, 03:46:16 pm »
The demo is pretty nice! Although the animations from the enemy pig(lol can't remember the name right now) is way to slow.
« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2008, 06:52:04 pm »
Thx cheesepie, and im on it moonchild.

Alternate download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6VPWCVVS

Also just uploaded it to the Projects => Works In Progress section in ZFGC.

Dont forget to tell me what you think.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2008, 09:02:10 pm »
  • Xiphirx
I noticed a few things:

I was able to move the camera by itself (I really do not know how, I pressed a bunch of mouse buttons at  the same time while trying to move to see what would happen :P)

So, while moving the camera I went around through the walls etc...

WHILE I was in this "noclip" mode, I press "u" or something around there and a textbox popped up, yadda yadda yadda Testing Text box :P, so I pressed all of the buttons on my keyboard trying to close it when I hit a key (I don't know which) and the text box went into a tight loop, always redrawing itself... O_o..
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2008, 04:02:11 am »
LOL....well two things, didnt work on the camera collision at all (means it can be through anything, and if u figured it out mouse wheel can zoom in/out) and the "i" button will pop-up a textbox and draw text, if u press it again it just does the text again, no way to get rid of it. These are all things that i just wanted to test.
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2008, 06:06:12 pm »
  • Oh.
Needs a bit more work, but it's a good point to start with, eh?  This has probably been answered before, and I'm much too lazy to look back and see, but what are you programming this in?
Hm.
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2008, 03:43:27 am »
3d Gamestudio....and this was a lot of work and research lol. Well not research more like trial and error.

Broojo02

Derp
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2008, 01:12:35 pm »
  • Faster horsey!
Just to say, I tried out the demo and I think its absolutely amazing! Love the graphics :D

calebR

« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2008, 05:37:38 am »
Whoa! I love the graphics.  :) I'm looking into the game. I tried to make a 3D game but it took forever just to make Link swing his sword. Keep up the good work!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.505 seconds with 78 queries.