Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Where In The World is Carmen Spamiago?  (Read 30706 times)

Re: Where In The World is Carmen Spamiago?
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2008, 05:11:57 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
I feel the same way, trelantana. The Spam forum is my outlet that keeps me from going insane. I'm already starting to lose my mind without it. >_<
If that's what keeps you sane...just leave then.

The Spam forum was pretty much a waste as it was full of daily !@#$% that's albeit funnier than most junk 4Chan pumps out...it's still depressing how it lacks humour. Also it seems after i asked for myself to be removed....everyone was removed.

Regulus: 1
Spam-!@#$%:0

Grow up. God damn it, grow up. You are not a mature adult because you do not like Spam. Cut the pretentious, holier-than-thou attitude, or you will be banned. I hate to say !@#$% like that because it makes me look like a tool, but we can't tolerate behavior like this when we're trying to build a stronger community. You saying things like this makes me !@#$% sick to my stomach as a moderator and as a staff member, as I'm here to try and help, not tear things down like you seem so totally hell-bent on doing.

You are no better than anyone on 4chan (and also, a lot of 4chan is actually pretty civil...you just visit /b/, apparently.) You are no better than anyone who posted in Spam. You are no better than anyone on this forum, and if you ask me, if you keep making !@#$% STUPID posts like this, you're worse. Work on your social skills or get out.

I'm not kidding.

THIS. GOD I LOVE YOU RIGHT NOW.

We can all express out love for Knivu later, and some of us sooner than others. *sprays on cologne*

But in all seriousness, I want a straight answer as to why it was removed. None of this "no comment" !@#$% that Regulus is referring to. (I know I'm taking a chance in listening to him, but !@#$% it.)

You're never going to get an answer out of them, because it's OMG CLASSIFIED INFORMATION.

Seriously, what the hell could be so classified about Spam >_>
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Pyrazor

PUMP UP DA JAMS!
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2008, 05:24:11 am »
  • OH LARD IZ PORKCHOP, BUST OUT DA HAPPY SNACKS
DEAR GOD IT'S SOME KIND OF PROJECT X.....TWO.

I C'Z U

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2008, 05:32:13 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

<_<;; what?
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2008, 06:01:28 am »
Sometimes when you cannot convince someone that your way of thinking is right and you have the ability to hide information from that person, you choose to not tell them thinking and using the bluff that your reasoning can be trusted and that you know what you are doing.  By providing no comment, it does not answer that reasoning, so those who might be offended by it would not have anything to go after other than the broader action itself.  This is not right or wrong, it is just convenient, however if used too much or if it is perceived as being used too much, there is a backlash from those who information that affects them is hidden.  This paraphrased is either in the Art of War or should be.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2008, 06:05:22 am »
5 pages of topic and we still don't have an answer.

Probably going to re-sticky every topic again.

Yawn.
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2008, 06:19:31 am »
Work on your social skills or get out.

+1 for hypocrisy.

Pyrazor

PUMP UP DA JAMS!
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2008, 06:26:53 am »
  • OH LARD IZ PORKCHOP, BUST OUT DA HAPPY SNACKS

<_<;; what?

I guess you weren't really around for Project X or you think I'm being ludicrous.  Either way, visual aid ftw

It's probably best I not elaborate. >_>
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:30:44 am by Pyrazor »

I C'Z U

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2008, 06:30:08 am »

<_<;; what?

I guess you weren't really around for Project X or you think I'm being ludicrous.  Either way, visual aid ftw

I'm hyped.

GOTF
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2008, 08:12:10 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
I HAVE A SOLUTION!

How about... instead of CLOSING teh SPAM board, you set up a stickied "Spam" TOPIC!

That way, we can pop in, check the spam topic, maybe post once, and then get on with our lives outside the topic.

Whoever gets to page 1337 of the topic first gets a prize.

EDIT: To elaborate, I don't mean THIS topic.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2008, 08:29:30 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I HAVE A SOLUTION!

How about... instead of CLOSING teh SPAM board, you set up a stickied "Spam" TOPIC!

That way, we can pop in, check the spam topic, maybe post once, and then get on with our lives outside the topic.

Whoever gets to page 1337 of the topic first gets a prize.

EDIT: To elaborate, I don't mean THIS topic.

A spam topic is nowhere near as satisfying as a whole forum. The disorganization makes it less fun.
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2008, 09:01:05 am »
It's intresting how you guys immediatly assumed its been deleted. It hasn't; We just choose to hide it for a few days to judge your reactions (hence no staff replies to this topic), and see what effect it has on the activity of this forum. We're just trying to decide where we should go from here on out with this site, and what is worth doing for this site. Getting a feel for this place without spam is a good place to judge in my opinion, see what activity there is left in this site without the spam board, as however much you wish to ignore it more than half of posts at the moment are all in spam, almost none of them are funny and most do almost nothing except waste bandwidth and webspace. People also don't seem to understand the definition of the board, people just seem to post in there by default even if their posts are acceptable outside it. If you want randomness stick to /b/, thats not what this site is really here for.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 09:07:21 am by Infini »
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2008, 09:05:43 am »
It's intresting how you guys immediatly assumed its been deleted. It hasn't; We just choose to hide it for a few days to judge your reactions (hence no staff replies to this topic), and see what effect it has on the activity of this forum. We're just trying to decide where we should go from here on out with this site, and what is worth doing for this site. Getting a feel for this place without spam is a good place to judge in my opinion, see what activity there is left in this site without the spam board, as however much you wish to ignore it more than half of posts at the moment are all in spam, almost none of them are funny and most do almost nothing except waste bandwidth and webspace. If you want randomness stick to /b/, thats not what this site is really here for.
You... you... double !@#$%! Lol, just kidding, but I do think that Spam was a good place to unload. I have a few posts I want to make in there right now. It's a good thing sometimes.
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2008, 09:11:45 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
It kind of annoys me that everyone assumes Spam is supposed to be funny. It's Spam; it can be anything. Like right now I want to make make a topic that says "ATTN: Mammy; Stop calling me your daughter! I want to !@#$% you!". =\  It's not supposed to be funny; it's just something I want to say that probably wouldn't be acceptable in any other section of this site.  >_>  <_<
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2008, 09:14:41 am »
It kind of annoys me that everyone assumes Spam is supposed to be funny. It's Spam; it can be anything. Like right now I want to make make a topic that says "ATTN: Mammy; Stop calling me your daughter! I want to !@#$% you!". =\  It's not supposed to be funny; it's just something I want to say that probably wouldn't be acceptable in any other section of this site.  >_>  <_<
If its not funny, and has no point, is totally useless, what the f--- is the point in posting it here?

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2008, 09:16:37 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
If its not funny, and has no point, is totally useless, what the f--- is the point in posting it here?

Spam doesn't need a point... It's an acronym for "Stupid, Pointless, Annoying messages." lol
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2008, 09:16:55 am »
Community reaction. Spam is multiplayer, and will always be that. Also, why can't we have an invision-free spam forum or something?
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2008, 09:19:01 am »

Spam doesn't need a point... It's an acronym for "Stupid, Pointless, Annoying messages." lol
I'm aware of that, I just don't see the point in allowing them then :S. I have no problem with spam that has some humour to it, but just random humourless garbage seems like a pointless addition to this site, nothing but a waste of bandwidth and webspace.

Either way thats not what this is about.

Anyhow as I've been talking to mammy changes are the way one gets access to the spam forum will be changed, to come more in to line with how we originally wanted it. You won't just be able to buy in access to it and forget about the rest of the forum.
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2008, 03:53:07 pm »
Maybe, but when 20000+ posts were in spam and the number was rising exponentially, something is wrong - when more people post in spam than in all four development boards combined, something is wrong. I think deleting spam will force people to make contributions in other areas of ZFGC, and if not, then those who only posted in spam won't come to ZFGC anymore, thereby making the entire forum less cluttered.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2008, 03:58:23 pm »
Oh fun another pointless exercise to force people to post in places they don't want to

good luck with that

just another way to strip the fun out of this site

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2008, 04:14:20 pm »
  • b e p i s
Work on your social skills or get out.

+1 for hypocrisy.

Thanks bro. It's good to see you judging me on one post that was very, very much-deserved rather than looking at all my posts on the forum or at least several posts.

Again, thanks for your approval! :D

Also, so the members know: not all of the staff necessarily thought this was the best course of action.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 04:18:09 pm by Dantz »
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.893 seconds with 78 queries.