Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Where In The World is Carmen Spamiago?  (Read 30627 times)

Mirby

Drifter
Re: Where In The World is Carmen Spamiago?
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2008, 12:51:03 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Ah.. I thought so.

Also, yes I have posted in Spam and I also am glad that its gone. There's nothing wrong with that. I just posted there because A. there was some random stuff there, and B. I could be a complete idiot. However, maturity trumps idiocy, so I'm glad that spam is gone.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #181 on: July 26, 2008, 04:33:01 am »
  • b e p i s
One thing that really frustrates me about this Spam thing is that people automatically associate the forum with immaturity (which it sometimes contained) rather than lighthearted discussion (which it also often contained.) This is really unnecessary and honestly it's an unfair evaluation of what Spam really was...and if you ask me, it kind of sounds Sora-esque, which I believe we can all agree is a very bad thing.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #182 on: July 26, 2008, 06:10:36 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
One thing that really frustrates me about this Spam thing is that people automatically associate the forum with immaturity (which it sometimes contained) rather than lighthearted discussion (which it also often contained.) This is really unnecessary and honestly it's an unfair evaluation of what Spam really was...and if you ask me, it kind of sounds Sora-esque, which I believe we can all agree is a very bad thing.

^agreed

At this point in time, Other Discussion is practically light spam... Spam with post counts...

I highly disagree with it being that way.

Other Discussion was always made as a fallback board because Spam was taken away... Spam really wasn't supposed to come back, but oh well !@#$% happens; it was my mistake, didn't mean to leave that test key in the shop. But now that it's back, it's proven to be a widely used board. The stupid threads fizzled out after a while and it became a more light hearted board. That's the essence of a spam board; a board that isn't heavily moderated on offtopic discussion and random funny posts.

Since it's been made invisible, the Other Discussion board has been riddled with crap. This was very expected (from me at least), because OD is no better than "light spam" anyway (as I said before)...

My personal opinion is that it should stay... But, I don't believe it should be open access... I think there should be a certain limit to it.

I also think that if it comes back the Other Discussion board has to go... just IMO of course...
« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2008, 06:28:29 am »
Your classification of the current state of Other Discussion might be a little over-reaching in scope (it has only become that way recently, and it small enough of a change in the board itself that it could be controlled and reversed), but I thought about the idea you just mentioned and it seems alright but ideal.  According to your plan that you mentioned earlier once, I think that those who post frivolously would be better limited, so in that, a future Spam if it would exist would have a better atmosphere; thus making it a step down from Other Discussion.  The issues that arise, however, would be the placement of Other Discussions child boards and a possible spill over into Community Speak if someone cannot post in this future Spam.  The latter being something more along the lines of a hypothetical.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2008, 08:50:11 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Your classification of the current state of Other Discussion might be a little over-reaching in scope (it has only become that way recently, and it small enough of a change in the board itself that it could be controlled and reversed), but I thought about the idea you just mentioned and it seems alright but ideal.  According to your plan that you mentioned earlier once, I think that those who post frivolously would be better limited, so in that, a future Spam if it would exist would have a better atmosphere; thus making it a step down from Other Discussion.  The issues that arise, however, would be the placement of Other Discussions child boards and a possible spill over into Community Speak if someone cannot post in this future Spam.  The latter being something more along the lines of a hypothetical.

:D Nail = hit on the head

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2008, 04:35:00 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Interesting. Also, I like lighthearted discussin; I just found it outside of spam too, not just inside. So I didn't mention that.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2008, 06:42:54 pm »
Personally, I'd love a Casual Discussion board. Think Spam without the unfunny topics, and more stuff like "Hey did you guys see the commercial where this chick said 'They call me an on-the-go girl. Painful, frequent urination, there, I said it'? What medicine was she advertising"? Because if spam was still here, I'd want to post that, and I might find an answer, but also stuff like "i think commercial chik is eh pretty cool girl. eh urination painfully and doesnt afraid of anything".
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2008, 06:44:51 pm »
Personally, I'd love a Casual Discussion board. Think Spam without the unfunny topics, and more stuff like "Hey did you guys see the commercial where this chick said 'They call me an on-the-go girl. Painful, frequent urination, there, I said it'? What medicine was she advertising"? Because if spam was still here, I'd want to post that, and I might find an answer, but also stuff like "i think commercial chik is eh pretty cool girl. eh urination painfully and doesnt afraid of anything".
Thats essentially what other discussion is.
« Reply #188 on: July 26, 2008, 06:46:35 pm »
Thats essentially what other discussion is.
Really? It seems like it's too casual for even Other Discussion.
« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2008, 01:11:41 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
tl;dr

I still don't get what was so horrible about spam. It was meant to be stupid.

(And I just told my sis about spam not existing and she screamed into my ear! O_o)

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2008, 01:17:26 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

So you're saying... Spam with rules?

>_< That was the freaking intention to begin with lol... It was never supposed to be ruleless... :(!
« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2008, 01:28:48 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
(And I just told my sis about spam not existing and she screamed into my ear! O_o)

Oh that Irene.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2008, 07:57:29 am »
Enjoy your dead forum and confused staff

You removed spam temporarily to gauge the result... found the exact result ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN could predict (rage from anyone who ever went there)... then removed it fully anyway?

You people need to make up your minds rather than going in cycle of 6 months with spam (during which forum activity tends to rise a lot, and not just in spam) and 6 months without (during which forum activity slows to a crawl, and content becomes much more spammy since people have no other outlet)

Plus many of us PAID for that privelage... not really but even with the fake currency I can't say that's not ripping people off.

Just 2 cents from a former member... it's funny how the problems never changed, the forum just got less and less populated.

Also, click my sig! (this may be grounds for a ban under new rules)

Enjoy your dying forums, and I'll enjoy the dying chat (bet half of you don't even know it exists)
  • cpprograms

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2008, 04:03:04 pm »
  • b e p i s

You removed spam temporarily to gauge the result... found the exact result ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN could predict (rage from anyone who ever went there)... then removed it fully anyway?

You people need to make up your minds rather than going in cycle of 6 months with spam (during which forum activity tends to rise a lot, and not just in spam) and 6 months without (during which forum activity slows to a crawl, and content becomes much more spammy since people have no other outlet)

Plus many of us PAID for that privelage... not really but even with the fake currency I can't say that's not ripping people off.

Just 2 cents from a former member... it's funny how the problems never changed, the forum just got less and less populated.

Enjoy your dying forums, and I'll enjoy the dying chat (bet half of you don't even know it exists)

Congratulations, you have successfully created controversy! If you could read this, I'd suggest you give yourself a pat on the back.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2008, 07:04:41 pm »

Congratulations, you have successfully created controversy! If you could read this, I'd suggest you give yourself a pat on the back.
he is right <.< this forum is less and less populated. I don't care about spam but I care about the staff not doing anything to stop this.
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2008, 07:11:26 pm »
It is premature to think anything, especially since other things have not been implemented yet.  Look at the topic in Announcements if you have not already and check out Infini's mock-up of what the website is going to look like.  Consider how branching out would bring in new members.  He is right partly though, problems do persist and change form over time, but that does not mean full ignorance is given to the past, it is just that circumstances change, things are allowed when they should not be sometimes, etc.  Initially though, not saying anything at first was what was at issue; just saying that they were thinking about it would have quelled the !@#$%-storm.  Meh.
« Reply #196 on: July 27, 2008, 07:38:46 pm »
The big reason for *not* doing anything, is waiting for SMF 2.0, beta 4. We were advised to wait for beta 4.. Development can only go so fast when you're waiting for specific releases.

As 4Sword said, I suggest reading Helios' plan for ZFGC: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=29837.0 -- It gives great insight on the future of the forum.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2008, 07:54:29 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
So we will have spam in 2.0 B4?
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2008, 08:28:49 pm »
It is premature to think anything, especially since other things have not been implemented yet.  Look at the topic in Announcements if you have not already and check out Infini's mock-up of what the website is going to look like.  Consider how branching out would bring in new members.  He is right partly though, problems do persist and change form over time, but that does not mean full ignorance is given to the past, it is just that circumstances change, things are allowed when they should not be sometimes, etc.  Initially though, not saying anything at first was what was at issue; just saying that they were thinking about it would have quelled the !@#$%-storm.  Meh.
The big reason for *not* doing anything, is waiting for SMF 2.0, beta 4. We were advised to wait for beta 4.. Development can only go so fast when you're waiting for specific releases.

As 4Sword said, I suggest reading Helios' plan for ZFGC: http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=29837.0 -- It gives great insight on the future of the forum.
I know we are waiting for SMF 2.0 beta 4, but how much have we been waiting, 4 months? I know it is too premature, but If we have started Helios plan 4 months ago then once the new beta gets released we will have everything for the new forum,  I understand what you are saying but still, I haven't seen many important stuff in the last 6 months, we have no publicity in other places, and now that I think about it, seeing a "I am new here" thread in community speak is odd now a days.

The only two projects that might bring new people here are the ZFGCCP and the ZFGSDK, but one of those projects is getting no help from the staff, we can easily see a contest in which people make a drawing for NPCs or interiors, that would make all the tiling and spriting lighter, but if we haven't seen a Character Contest I doubt a Design NPCs contest might appear, I know the idea of a contest for making NPCs is somewhat dumb, but we can have better ones that will help the ZFGCCP.

BTW 4Swords, with each post you sound more like a robot  :3.

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2008, 08:35:01 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
What is th main thing needed to be done in the CP right now?

Also, This topic is turning into a "Future 2" topic.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.605 seconds with 78 queries.