Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED] MC hyrule town  (Read 8124 times)

eyeCube

I'm a Maverick!
[SOLVED] MC hyrule town
« on: December 30, 2008, 03:23:09 am »
I need the map of Hyrule Town, like, the entire thing, in PNG format. I can get some maps, but not the town... I need it so I can get all of the tile necessary to make my own town in my game.

Just so you know, here are a few pics of what the game looks like so far.

Just the basic layout

Cutting grass

Reading signs, can also talk to people

Jumping off of cliffs

You can also see a pretty good image of a cloud shadow in the bottom right corner. The MC did have clouds, but regardless I think it makes the game look better so there they stay.

Here are the bombs

Thanks, 4sword, for the explosion sprites. (Not shown, they look a lot better in gif format lol)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 08:25:50 am by King Tetiro »
  • eyeCube Productions
Re: [request] MC hyrule town
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 03:25:16 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
I'm just wondering... do you even bother to search the internet at all for these things?

http://spriters-resource.com/nintendo/zelda/mc/mc_town.gif

http://www.spriters-resource.com - You should check it out sometime.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

eyeCube

I'm a Maverick!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 03:31:56 am »
That's offesnsive! lol, jk.
I actually search the internet a lot, I guess I just don't know what to type in :/
Regardless, thanks. You'll be in the credits.
  • eyeCube Productions
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 03:40:18 am »
  • Minalien
This link may help, as well:
http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/GBA/LegendOfZelda-MinishCap-Hyrule.png

Found with one google search. "Minish Cap Hyrule Town Images"

Easy, breezy, beautiful.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 03:43:41 am by Minalien »
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

eyeCube

I'm a Maverick!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 04:06:43 am »
Good lord, that covers everything! Thanks!
  • eyeCube Productions
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 04:10:20 am »
To anyone really making a game, those resources aren't really that helpful. They aren't optimized and they disregard the fact that tiles in the actual game are layered - you get duplicates of the same tile and the image you are using is "flat" (e.g. a tree has two layers, the trunk and wood parts being the bottom layer, and the leaves being the top layer).

Those resources will show you how everything is to be placed if you are making a copy of the Minish Cap, and the tiles for things such as the ground will be fine, but beyond that, the tiles lose their usefulness.
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 04:16:31 am »
  • Minalien
Thanks for making a reply that focused solely on attacking help that we attempted to offer, 4Sword. Really appreciate it. I mean, I couldn't possibly comprehend why you wouldn't want to offer a better suggestion, considering you don't do !@#$% in regards to actually helping people outside what benefits you, but it's still nice to imagine your smiling face offering such kind words of insult to people who do try to offer help.

We were offering him something to use. If it isn't sufficient, and he can't learn how to layer things on his own, then he will post again, asking, and we will help. Until then, I assume (from what he's said) that he is satisfied with what we have provided him. I would thank you to back off unless you are offering him help of any kind. I understand your dislike for the two of us, but again, I would ask you to back off from trying to discredit our help in the future.

eyeCube, if you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

eyeCube

I'm a Maverick!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 04:38:40 am »
The game is turning out fine regardless. It's a little more complicated to get the sprites from the backgrounds given, but if you look at the screenshots, it doesn't look too bad. Layers- eh, who needs them. Too hard to get a hold of. Besides, with Game Maker, you can optimize the tiles/sprites and make them look more like the actual game. And no, I am not making a "copy" of the Minish Cap. I'm making my own Zelda fan game that uses MC sprites because I think they look the best of all of the top-down Zelda games.

Edit: Actually, I made a few of my own tiles as well. The holes, the ground in the caves, the cliffs in the caves, none of this appeared in the MC.
  • eyeCube Productions
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 04:41:28 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
4Sword wasn't attacking anyone, and he's completely right.  Anyone who's planning on ripping graphics should know that you need to rip from a ROM to get all the proper tiles.  I'm not saying you didn't post exactly what eyeCube asked for, but he needs to know how to do it properly.

One more thing;
Jumping off of cliffs

Why is he jumping off the cliff when the stones at the top of the cliff are supposed to inhibit him from jumping there?
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 04:44:35 am »
Minalien:

What the hell? I have offered him a lot of help today and it did not benefit me at all. Realizing that he was making a game, I just gave him the honest truth. I even said that things such as the ground tiles and positions of things found on those sheets would actually be helpful to him, just that other things may not be as helpful. You do the same things in topics about coding - where the code you see is not as efficient as you want it to be and then you go about in the same manner as I did.

This is not even about disliking anyone. Quit portraying me as a bad person. I do not get why I am being so vilified.

eyeCube:

Layers can be helpful once you get into it fully. Specifically with the trees, if you want to, for example, be able to have a slim pathway between the trees, the layering makes it so you don't have to worry about as much. Well actually, that is a bad example. When you sword slash the outside of the tree though, the blade should not be visible over the leaves. Layering helps with depth issues in this way. And they are not really that hard to get a hold of; I could rip them for you like the other graphics I have ripped if you need them.

As for the "copy" part. When I am making a game, sometimes I look at how things were tiled in the original game and base how I tile on that. The copying isn't so much direct, piece for piece.

Shefali:

Thanks.

eyeCube

I'm a Maverick!
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 04:57:39 am »
@ Shefali:
Those are the only rocks you can walk through. They're just decals. The bigger rocks cannot be ran through.

@ 4sword:
I appreciate the help, and if you can get layers, that would help a lot. If not, the image works almost as well.

@ Pretty much everyone else:
Stop fighting, dammit...
  • eyeCube Productions
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 05:02:42 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I haven't played The Minish Cap in a long time, but I'm pretty sure those small rocks are supposed to be unwalkable.

eyeCube

I'm a Maverick!
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 05:07:15 am »
If you're sure, I'll disable that capability, but these just seem like the kind you would be able to step over. I'll have to check, I suppose, to be sure.
  • eyeCube Productions
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 05:10:37 am »
I just checked, and you cannot walk over them. The area that I checked in was right around Lon Lon Ranch. I was not sure what you were specifically referring to, but the rocks that you cannot pick up, the small one buried in grass and the even smaller ones buried in grass are considered solid.

eyeCube

I'm a Maverick!
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 05:14:17 am »
Still, do you think I should make them solid in my game? Like I said (quite a few times) my game isn't the Minish Cap. It's my own game with MC sprites.
But if you think they should be solid, I can make them solid, easily.
  • eyeCube Productions
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 05:16:06 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Definitely make them solid.  Accuracy is important if you're using a tileset from a pre-existing game.
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 05:19:26 am »
You can do whatever you want really. The point of them in the Minish Cap is so the edges of cliffs aren't lined with all big rocks, as if it were all big solid rocks, it would look a little funny. However, it is no big deal as long as you make sure that the area you are jumping down to is a place where you can "land" or fall into in some cases; i.e. you wouldn't want to fall into a solid space to where you couldn't move.

eyeCube

I'm a Maverick!
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2008, 07:14:30 am »
Yeah, but I was too lazy to make variables for that, so there are two types of cliffs. The kind you can jump off of, and the kind you can't. The kind you can't are placed where you would otherwise fall into a solid object.

Edit: Solid, the rocks have become.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 07:19:02 am by eyeCube »
  • eyeCube Productions
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 09:15:54 pm »
This is what I was talking about earlier. It is not fully complete for the other buildings, nor is it fully optimized as there are blank spaces (I left it this way intentionally so that what the tiles belonged to would be easier to discern).

Layer 1:

Layer 2:

The doors and doorframes are actually considered objects in the game rather than tiles I believe.

eyeCube

I'm a Maverick!
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 03:32:17 pm »
I have another request- I need the sprite for an enemy spawning. I know it looks like a puff or a cloud or something... I didn't post a new topic because this one's still here.
  • eyeCube Productions
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.308 seconds with 76 queries.