A legend of Zelda - Horn of Balance
18,41 MB (Zipped)Screen Resolution:
320 x 240 (Changable)Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?clqtn7spycab4ykNotes:
- The goal is to reach the end of both major dungeons
- An gauntlet mini-dungeons is included as a hard mode to display additional enemies and itemsDefault controls*:D
- Action button (open doors / read text / grab / etc) + Confirm button (while in menus)G
- Attack button (hold and release for a full swing attack) + Cancel button (while in menus)S
- Perform run action (if you have the boots available)P
- Pauses the game (can be used to exit the game)R
- Use item AF
- Use item BH
- Brings up item menuE
- Brings up map menu* The controls can be personalized in the options menu at the start of the game.
The tale starts off with Link as he is living with his uncle deep in the vast western forest of Hyrule.
His uncle, a well-known blacksmith, took him in as his apprentice a long time ago. They spent weeks crafting
a beautiful ceremonial blade. Elegant and perfectly balanced, it was truly their best work to date.
It was announced that princess Zelda would soon be of age and wed, so a festival was at hand in her honor.
They packed all their belongings and set out for the city with the intent of presenting their blade as a gift.
Upon arriving at the borders of the city of Hyrule, Link and his uncle encountered soldiers everywhere.
By decree of the king anyone coming to the festival looking the least bit suspicious was to be arrested.
Carrying his blade, Link's uncle was apprehended. Link, being left behind, followed the soldiers into the city.
Link started asking around if there was a way to help his uncle out, but found that no one was willing to help.
Everybody was reluctant to even speak with him. It was as if they were all scared of being arrested themselves.
Several soldiers passed, escorting princess Zelda. Link recognized her and attempted to get her attention.
The guards took note and stopped him from getting closer, but the princess stepped in and quietly spoke to Link:
"I do not know you, but you should not ask my help. I am but a mere prisoner, waiting for her arranged marriage...
Little options were left to Link. Something had to be done...
- Pol's Voice
- Yellow Slime
- Wall Cannon
- Stall (new)
- Gibo (new)
- Medusa block (new)
- Spiked block (new)
- Trickbox (new)
- Deadrock (new)
- Rope / Stalrope (1x new)
- Buzz Blob / Cukeman
- Hardhat Beetle
- Flying Tile (1x new)
- Gel / Zol
- Large spiked block (new)
- Wizzrobe / Undead wizzrobe (new)
- Octorok / Slarok (new)
- Spiked roll (new)
- Tektite (new)
- Guruguru bar (new)
- Book of Mudora
- Bug-Catching Net
- Rod of Medu
- Cane of Byrna
- Cane of Somaria
- Bombos Medallion
- Ether Medallion
- Quake Medallion
- Bow and Arrows
- Pegasus Boots
Sorry about the messy starting post. I kinda sorta messed up and lost the previous layout
Expect this new starting post to be set up again over time.
Martijndh - Maker / Programmer / Overall design
FrozenFire - Sprites subboss 1 / Tester / Video recording
NotAlphaMan - Research / Tester
DeathTailsz - Tester
Dervilacus - Sprites character animations
Atom - Tester
Gonken - Sprites boss 2
BlazeBigBang - Sprites character animations
Theforeshadower - Video recording
King Tetiro - Sprites Murray
* The project has been going on since 2008 Q4 and I lost the teamlisting 2013 Q2-ish so it's pretty much gauranteed that this list is incompletely. If I missed anybody, let me know! If I missed contributions let me know as well!
Problem: If you try to following key combination Left+Up+G your keyboard might not register all buttons pressed.
Solution: If this bothers you then you can alter the game's controls in the option screen at the beginning of the game.
If you find any issues please report them in this topic or contact me directly.Click here to view on the site.