Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Character Sprites  (Read 8084 times)

Ryuza

That one guy
Character Sprites
« on: April 15, 2009, 08:42:59 pm »
  • RyuKage2007
Well, I'm going to start collecting sprites for the various characters & enemies of the game, I won't be including easily obtained sprites like Link. So, if anyone has any Minish Cap style sprites of Link's Awakening characters then this is the place to submit them.

I'm only going to list things currently needed at this point of the game. feel free to post anything thats not listed though. I'll be going through TSR and some other sites to clear the list too.

NPCs:

Tarin
Raccoon Tarin
Madam MeowMeow
Dog (the ones that wander Mabe)
Old Man Uliria (spelt wrong :P)
Fisherman
Sweeping Lady
Shop Keeper
Rat (from Syrup's place)
Various Village NPCs (kids playing catch, old lady, etc.)

Finished Sprites:
Marin
Mr. Write
Syrup the Witch
BowWow - May need a palette swap to match MC better.

Feel free to edit any sprites if there is something wrong with them.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:00:02 am by RyuKage2007 »
<- Koholint Island - MC Style  <- Link's Awakening Photo Recolors  <- Wind Waker 3D Resources <- Super Mario Bros Crossover
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube

Miles07

Knight of ERA
Re: Character Sprites
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 08:55:15 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
How about we just focus on NPCs in this topic, and make another one for enemies?

And isn't there already a TMC-style Syrup the Witch?
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 09:02:07 pm »
  • RyuKage2007
Sounds good. Should I make another topic for enemies or does someone else want to keep track of them?

How would I make a word a link? I cant remember...

EDIT: nvm, I figured it out.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 09:17:15 pm by RyuKage2007 »
<- Koholint Island - MC Style  <- Link's Awakening Photo Recolors  <- Wind Waker 3D Resources <- Super Mario Bros Crossover
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 10:10:12 pm »
This is a good topic and I have to agree with Miles07 to keep the NPC's and enemies separated.

I do have to say that we have to use the actual NPC's ripped from MC and not resized/recolored LA NPC's. Mr. Write and Syrup have an NPC sprite in MC. Marin and Tarin have them in the form of Malon and Talon. I think it is better to use these sprites instead. The ones you posted don't look MC style to me.

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 10:20:43 pm »
  • RyuKage2007
they are the ripped MC style ones... The Marin one is custom by someone else and it looks really good in my opinion you just need to zoom in on them (paste them in paint and zoom in) the sprites for mr. write and syrup that i posted are both the mc versions (just edited out mr. writes magnifying glass and lantern and recolored syrup).

check the attachment to see what I mean.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 10:22:17 pm by RyuKage2007 »
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 12:53:51 pm »
  • :3
not shure if it's usefull but here ya go:

• daniel-kun

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 02:52:02 pm »
  • RyuKage2007
Might be able to use the raccoon sprites, we already have all the links sprites we'll need though. thanks :).
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 05:45:30 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
That Marin sheet is very nice...
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 06:03:26 pm »
  • RyuKage2007
yeah, it was made by tinsil, who I'm currently trying to find so i can ask permission to use them. (i figure if i post them now then someone might say something and know how to contact him) Jeod posted them before but I dont think hes around...
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 11:08:14 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Jeod's always around. Relax.

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 11:34:34 pm »
Here are some optimized, animated sprites for various NPCs from the Minish Cap that Tokos and I put together a while ago:

http://www.zfgc.com/index.php#?action=resources&sa=view&id=12

Otherwise ripping NPCs isn't hard but we should probably try and just do those found in the opening areas at first.
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 11:50:04 pm »
hmm If you can get me pics of every npc I can sprite the facing down view of each npc in a hour or two..

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 11:53:10 pm »
You could probably just remove the glasses on stockwell and recolor him to do the shopkeeper.

*jumps back into the shadows*
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 12:02:33 am »
By "all" I hope you are referring to just those in the beginning area. Really there is no need to rush everything all at once. I might look like an !@#$% for repeating this, but really, if the graphics get too far ahead of the engine then that is just bad. While it is good to be prepared, there is overdoing it and really all we need for the beginning are the character sprites and tiles that would be best suited for the beginning of the game.

Oh, and I guess I should say this about the engine. I have written an enhanced version of Goodnight's movement code that is almost completed which should not only make his original code simpler but also more efficient. Because the beginning area does not really give Link a lot to worry about, the engine doesn't need to have a lot to get the whole project started, but it needs to be "built steady" such that any additions onto it do not diminish the quality.
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 03:20:10 am »
You could probably just remove the glasses on stockwell and recolor him to do the shopkeeper.

*jumps back into the shadows*
GTFO >_> and return in june/july

By "all" I hope you are referring to just those in the beginning area. Really there is no need to rush everything all at once. I might look like an !@#$% for repeating this, but really, if the graphics get too far ahead of the engine then that is just bad. While it is good to be prepared, there is overdoing it and really all we need for the beginning are the character sprites and tiles that would be best suited for the beginning of the game.

Well, yeah If you want I can make the npcs at the start, I already got some gameboy, to play and see the npc's myself, I just need time, but I really want to understand your point, I don't see anything wrong at making all the sprites at once, atleast the basics, obviously I will first make the needed ones, then If I have time I will continue.
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 03:33:53 am »
It just works out better to just start out at the beginning and then progress when we then get to the other areas. My point is that we should inflate expectations, we should make sure that there is a quality to what we are doing, if the graphics are rushed too much there will be too much pressure put onto those working on the engine, and the Community Project while important should not be something that people are fully committed to.

What I mean by the last point is that the Community Project shouldn't take away from people's ambitions to do their own projects and that as a project worked on by the community would be healthier if more people worked on it such that there was not a dependency on any one individual. Yes, it is good to have people who have talents and I do not mean to discourage that, but its ultimately a team effort.

Arguably the NPCs could be made without restriction to the area being worked on as in terms of what they can do in-game is pretty basic and common to most NPCs (talk, move/not move). But really, it just works out better if everyone is on the same page. You could work on other NPCs in any order you wanted I guess is what I am trying to say, but graphical discussion would not be for them until the game progressed to where they were in the game.

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 04:16:42 am »
  • RyuKage2007
Making sure the graphics stay with the engine is a good idea 4sword, thats why I only listed NPCs that can be accessed at the beginning when you only have the sword/shield.

To help explain to everyone else, say we all finish the graphics, then the people working on the engine take their time to make sure its done right, all the graphics people get bored and leave and then the project falls apart cause only a few people are left working on it. So for now lets just stick to the beginning area NPCs (unless you find/make some really good customs for later characters).

So anyways, @Kren: here is a link to all of the NPCs (or at least a vast majority of them) http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy/lozla/sheet/9437

@Jeod: whos stockwell? can't remember right now :P
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 10:57:10 am »
  • Le temps est comme un océan dans une tempete...
I made this a long time ago, use it if you want.

The animation is a bit quick, but nevermind...

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 12:14:08 pm »
@Jeod: whos stockwell? can't remember right now :P

Stockwell's the shop owner in MC. Tlozpop's got a pretty good sprite there, though.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 02:56:08 pm »
  • RyuKage2007
ok, thought that he might be the shop owner. Very nice sprite Tlozpop, think you could make the sprites for the other directions?
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 79 queries.

anything