Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda : Chiming Bells [First Screenshot of Dodongo Mines]  (Read 51569 times)

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: The Legend of Zelda : Chiming Bells
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2009, 04:03:25 pm »
I can't seem to get Zelda correct right now so Im leaving her as she is but when I can get it right, I'll change it. Anyway, I have fully completed 1 of the minigames! You can now shoot at targets in the Hyrule Market shooting gallery.
EDIT:
Last night I also completed the Bomb Game. There's only 1 thing left to go for Hyrule Market. The shop and then I think I've completed Hyrule Market for the whole game!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 06:28:42 am by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2009, 08:36:42 pm »
Yo guys! (Wait yo? WTF?) Chiming Bells will be worked on this week. Im working on the Temple of Time which is a side quest. Instead of being able to pull the Master Sword, there will be a magical barrier to prevent you (Put up by Princess Zelda after beating Ganon in Ocarina of Time). But there will be a difference in the room. 4 altars. Each one has an optional boss (Each one assumes that the Zelda Timeline isn't split. Yes that means old bosses)
  • Phoenix Heart

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2009, 01:13:35 pm »
With the temple of time underway, Im needing a screenshot of the master sword altar. Not the stone it's stuck into, the stand. Can someone give me a shot of it?
BTW, the 4 bosses in the temple of time are (In order of appearance). And for extra, I've listed the item that represents them.
-Majora - Swordsman's Drum (Cookie to whoever works out why it's not the Majora's Mask)
-Veran - Harp of Ages
-Dethl - Flute/Ocarina (The red Ocarina)
-Ganondorf (Well duh! He is sealed there) - Ocarina of Time

EDIT: A brand new screenshot hot from a furnace. The 1 of 2 rooms in the Temple of Time
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 02:43:27 pm by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: The Legend of Zelda : Chiming Bells [Boss Vi...
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2009, 09:58:25 am »
Okay guys, here's the first of the 4 optional bosses in the game. I started with the one most people remember. The OOT Ganondorf battle. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k2NSko9ESk
  • Phoenix Heart

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: The Legend of Zelda : Chiming Bells [New Bos...
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2009, 11:53:00 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Nice boss video

Few critiques if I may-

When Ganondorf is floating, I suggest having him "bob" a bit up and down. Just have him go up one pixel, back to his original position, down one pixel, then to his original position to give the appearance of hovering. Also give him a solid shadow below his position as well to help the effect.

Also his ball he volleys is far too small; I'd almost go with beams that are more similar to Aganhim's blue beams in lttp, except more "GBified".

Otherwise, looks awesome so far, good work.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2009, 12:05:14 pm »
I shall do those now. Bobbing up and down last. Shadow first. Then sprites.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2009, 04:28:48 pm »
I found some more things troubling with that fight. First the things that Mammy already mentioned, although the bobbing should also include left and right.

Second Ganondorf remains in the center of the room. Move him to different places to make it less static.

Third what are those tiles that form a big square. I know from OOT that it is the place where you fall down to the level below and have to climb back up again. But that is rather difficult to do in 2D. It also makes for a very small playing field and a somewhat static gameplay. At this moment the tiles look like decoration on the floor.

I think you should abandon some off the things in OOT, in order to make a better boss fight for your game.

Well good luck with programming and I hope to see a new update soon.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2009, 04:33:50 pm »
I found some more things troubling with that fight. First the things that Mammy already mentioned, although the bobbing should also include left and right.

Second Ganondorf remains in the center of the room. Move him to different places to make it less static.

Third what are those tiles that form a big square. I know from OOT that it is the place where you fall down to the level below and have to climb back up again. But that is rather difficult to do in 2D. It also makes for a very small playing field and a somewhat static gameplay. At this moment the tiles look like decoration on the floor.

I think you should abandon some off the things in OOT, in order to make a better boss fight for your game.

Well good luck with programming and I hope to see a new update soon.
Bobbing - I shall see what can be done.
Moving - Agreed. I shall see what I can do.
Abandon - What should I abandon?

EDIT: Im currently working on the heart pieces based on the places that get updated in the demo. That's Hyrule Field, Kakariko Village, Hyrule Market, Temple of Time, Goron City, etc.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 04:36:37 pm by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2009, 04:58:06 pm »
I agree this is looking very good, thumbs up on the temple of time. As for the ganondorf battle, it just looks like a rather boring boss to fight :-X It needs a little more life to it. I agree with niek on making it more of your own battle rather than OOT's.
Edit: Also the swordsmans drum is from the MM manga, unknown swordsman plays the drum and majora dances for 3 days, then dies. The mask is carved from the armor.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 05:04:28 pm by ZoSo »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2009, 05:20:58 pm »
I agree this is looking very good, thumbs up on the temple of time. As for the ganondorf battle, it just looks like a rather boring boss to fight :-X It needs a little more life to it. I agree with niek on making it more of your own battle rather than OOT's.
Edit: Also the swordsmans drum is from the MM manga, unknown swordsman plays the drum and majora dances for 3 days, then dies. The mask is carved from the armor.
Zoso gets the cookie!!! You've read the manga. I thought that story was really good. And about the OOT fight. Sorry but that was how Ganondorf fought in OOT and I intend to keep it the same.
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2009, 05:31:05 pm »

[/quote]

You should abandon the 3D concepts. From the demo it looked like those special tiles were something you should step on, because you would fall down. The tiles themselves look like floor decorations if you ask me.

If you intended them to be wholes that you fall through to the lower level. Then I would say abandon this, because that does not work well in 2D. Also you don't get to jump to the area on the side, because you don't have a Roc's feather (if I recall correctly). Thus you don't get to the pots with arrows and hearts in the corners.

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2009, 05:56:18 pm »

You should abandon the 3D concepts. From the demo it looked like those special tiles were something you should step on, because you would fall down. The tiles themselves look like floor decorations if you ask me.

If you intended them to be wholes that you fall through to the lower level. Then I would say abandon this, because that does not work well in 2D. Also you don't get to jump to the area on the side, because you don't have a Roc's feather (if I recall correctly). Thus you don't get to the pots with arrows and hearts in the corners.
[/quote]
Erm..the tiles are floor decorations. Maybe I should make pits?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2009, 06:04:29 pm »
Nope, from the demo it just looked like it was a pit, because of how you go no further then the edge of the inner square.

Making pits though, could make it a more difficult fight. But the priority should be on getting the movement of Ganondorf done.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 06:45:20 pm by Niek »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2009, 06:25:54 pm »
I've got confused. Come someone list me the ways to improve it?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2009, 06:53:02 pm »
I've got confused. Come someone list me the ways to improve it?

1) Adding a shadow to Ganondorf.

2) Make the floating of Ganon bobbing Up/Down/Left/Right

3) Make Ganon's energy ball, more like Aganhim's. Means bigger, clearer and a tail. Also have Ganon hit them back.

4) Move Ganon around the room.

5) Oh yeah have some nice animations for hitting him, with an energy ball, the light arrow and when he is on the floor.

Did I miss something?

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2009, 09:08:27 pm »
Okay guys, a little peek at what I've done in the last couple of hours. The Mirror Shield's return!!

After I've completed the cave, I'll go back to Ganondorf. Please keep sending me suggestions on how to improve Ganondorf.
  • Phoenix Heart

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2009, 09:16:03 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Wow dude you make amazing progress :D

+1 respect D:
  • For The Swarm

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2009, 09:32:01 pm »
Wow dude you make amazing progress :D

+1 respect D:
And with about 2 hours more tonight, expect an 8 puzzle roomed cave to be done. One that requires every item you get from the dungeon.
EDIT: Decided to stop for tonight. 7/8 puzzle cave done, Ganondorf 90% done, 2+ heart pieces and some item programming isn't bad for a day huh?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 12:09:14 am by King Tetiro »
  • Phoenix Heart

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2009, 01:36:13 pm »
Okay guys here's the situation. Although Im doing progress, I won't be able to be on ZFGC for a while because my router died and we need to get a new one. Im using a libary computer  to write this. Here's the order of what's gonna be done
-8 Puzzle Cave
-Improved Ganondorf
-Heart Pieces for all the updated places so far
-Kakariko Village+Heart Pieces+Story
-Death Mountain+Heart Pieces+Story
-Goron City+Heart Pieces+Story
-Dodongo Mines

Awful lot of heart pieces in this demo. Something like 14?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2009, 02:12:38 pm »
Okay guys here's the situation. Although Im doing progress, I won't be able to be on ZFGC for a while because my router died and we need to get a new one. Im using a libary computer  to write this. Here's the order of what's gonna be done
-8 Puzzle Cave
-Improved Ganondorf
-Heart Pieces for all the updated places so far
-Kakariko Village+Heart Pieces+Story
-Death Mountain+Heart Pieces+Story
-Goron City+Heart Pieces+Story
-Dodongo Mines

Awful lot of heart pieces in this demo. Something like 14?

Wow, sounds good to me! Good luck :]
looking at this now, I know this'll be great

Manly men don't sass. Manly men get in FIGHTS! Fist fights using manly fists!
  • JetDesigns
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.495 seconds with 78 queries.

anything