Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum Games  (Read 3352 times)

Mirby

Drifter
Forum Games
« on: March 24, 2010, 08:52:53 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
Personally, I have no problem with the fact that the "Say something about the above poster" topic was locked; it was being flooded. What I want to know is why isn't there a forum games board? I remember there being one in the past, but there isn't now.

My idea? Bring it back, and make it so post counts don't rise when posting there. Then anyone can post as much as they want, flood the topic more than WW Hyrule, and not get any more posts added to their count. Well, maybe not flooding it, but still. Then Community Speak can stay about that, and Forum Games (which if memory serves was a child board to Community Speak when it existed) could be just that. Where nonsense reigns and people can just be wacky. The seriousness could remain in the other boards (unless of course the topic itself was wacky in nature).

Good idea?

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
Re: Forum Games
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 09:05:08 pm »
I personally have to agree with this. I view the forum every day but posting is another story. Until recently I had stopped posting much around the forum, but the forum game had me posting on it, and then finding other things to post on whilst I waited for replies.

Im not saying that everyone will do this, but it does encourage users to post elsewhere and actually make an effort to view the forum.
  • Elliott Parkinson

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 09:09:12 pm »
And if posts didn't count in that board, we wouldn't have n00bs gain 200 posts daily just from flooding forum games in Community Speak. The main boards would remain for what they are, and Forum Games would just be there to be posted in, even though count wouldn't rise.

Hey, it's not like I'm asking for Spam to be brought back!

• Mirby Studios

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 09:28:09 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I have to agree with 4Sword's take on this one---

It negatively draws attention away from other threads to one larger, senseless thread. Essentially asking for forum games to be back is asking for spam to come back :P Unfortunately, it's a black or white situation--- We allow forum games to come back and we allow spam posts, or we disallow forum games and keep the forum clean. I like either option because forum games can be fun, and so can some nonsense every now and again, but unless our rules support it entirely instead of being a gray area, it's best to stick with our current setup.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 09:30:29 pm »
Okay, that makes sense then. Just thought I'd bring it up.

• Mirby Studios

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 10:35:17 pm »
  • b e p i s
Forum games are really stupid, honestly. Keep them gone.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 11:45:24 pm »
Yeah, and if we also bring back the board it will sit idle for long durations of time; this usually happens around the time that all games get played out or when users realize that it is a waste of time to be posting in them - which surprisingly enough is rather quick. When this happens the board's existence is meaningless.

The only way that forum games work is when there are just one to three topics slightly active in the Community Speak board; and if moderators locked the topics when and if they eventually get out of hand, then posting would just go to another forum game to where all forum game topics regardless of activity would likely be locked so that they don't get specifically to that point either.

We could just go after users who excessively post in forum game topics, but that would defeat a certain "whimsy" would it not to have the forum game at all and punishing someone in a topic that is frivolous anyway seems silly. For instance, the user who is seen as excessive is enabled by other users who participate in the forum game because he or she is responding to their posts. It then really all comes down to everyone just knowing when to stop beating the dead horse - since this is mostly not evident here, it is often easier to just not have the forum games.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 11:55:01 pm »
Yeah, I got that already. Now that the query has a result, I'mma lockin' this.

• Mirby Studios
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.323 seconds with 53 queries.