Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Tingle Topic  (Read 9505 times)

Mirby

Drifter
Tingle Topic
« on: March 31, 2010, 09:25:18 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
So the Spirit Tracks topic can get back on-track (no pun intended) I'm posting this topic. Have something to say about Tingle, one of the games, or something? Tingle cosplay? *shudders* Well, post it here.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
Re: Tingle Topic
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 09:31:10 pm »
I think he is one of the more interesting characters in the series. It's kinda sad that he isn't used more often.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 09:39:16 pm »
Personally, I love shooting him in Melee. That's fun. But yeah, he's an interesting one...

TINGLE FOR ZELDA WII! >_>

• Mirby Studios

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 10:05:33 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Considering he's hated by nearly 90% of all Zelda fans, myself included, I don't have much to say about it <_<...
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 10:09:23 pm »
Two words: Annoying/Unnecessary.
'bout all I can say about Tingle :/
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 10:15:26 pm »
Well... still.... yeah.... umm....

*stutters*

• Mirby Studios

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 11:54:27 pm »
  • The Mike
I think people only started hating him because of how he was portrayed in The Wind Waker. Nobody seemed to have a problem with him in Majora's Mask. None of my friends hated him at the time and they still don't. I don't hate him either.

• Zelda Eternity

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 11:57:23 pm »
Neither do I. He's just weird and creepy. And then there's his family, and David Jr.

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 04:39:52 am »
I think Tingle is a cool sprite.. but it's a bit more disturbing when rendered. I liked him most in Windwaker, actually. He's an interesting character, though I wish they'd give him more of a back story as he appears in so many games. I haven't played his game yet, so maybe they do. :P
  • My Photostream

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 07:12:31 pm »
Just a little bit. But you have to deal with an old man who has a giant rupee for a head.

• Mirby Studios

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 03:25:07 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
I bet it's just a sick joke from Miyamoto-san or one of the half witted character designers <.<

Tingle = horrible

D:
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 03:31:31 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I think people only started hating him because of how he was portrayed in The Wind Waker. Nobody seemed to have a problem with him in Majora's Mask. None of my friends hated him at the time and they still don't. I don't hate him either.

I hated him in Majora's Mask and Oracle of Ages. <_<

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 03:35:38 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
... He was in OoA o_0, never ran into him. Weird.
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 03:44:58 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
... He was in OoA o_0, never ran into him. Weird.

Yar; he's near the starting area-
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 05:00:06 am »
Considering he's hated by nearly 90% of all Zelda fans, myself included, I don't have much to say about it <_<...

He just isn't popular in America. Americans are not 90% of all Zelda fans... And no matter how much one part of the market hates him, it doesn't mean they should remove him, he is REALLY popular in Japan and fairly popular in Europe...

And seriously, if we started to remove characters and plot elements between the different versions of Zelda-games (japanese, american, european) it'd all go downhill from there.

On a sidenote, personally I just don't see why there are so many haters around. (Who take all disagreements to the extreme) OK, concerning Tingle, he is irritating and silly sometimes, but I think people are to hasty with waving thier love and hate banners. It's a game, some things are really nice, some are not. Save your flames for some IRL things that deserve them...
- Viewing at the moment: Project Runway [TV-series].
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Listening to at the moment:
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 05:05:32 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

He just isn't popular in America. Americans are not 90% of all Zelda fans... And no matter how much one part of the market hates him, it doesn't mean they should remove him, he is REALLY popular in Japan and fairly popular in Europe...

And seriously, if we started to remove characters and plot elements between the different versions of Zelda-games (japanese, american, european) it'd all go downhill from there.

On a sidenote, personally I just don't see why there are so many haters around. (Who take all disagreements to the extreme) OK, concerning Tingle, he is irritating and silly sometimes, but I think people are to hasty with waving thier love and hate banners. It's a game, some things are really nice, some are not. Save your flames for some IRL things that deserve them...

Who said anything about America?

Also, taking way too much offense over a video game character, especially considering you're directing that anger towards me when I only said I 'hated him'. I don't really understand what all this talk about "flames" is, since nobody really said much of anything "insulting" to the fake-not-in-real-life-and-doesn't-have-feelings video game character.
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 06:29:05 am »
Ehh. I've never understood what's not to like.

And the Tingle DS game is phenomenal, though that's a bit beside the point.
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 08:20:41 am »
Mamoruanime, I'm not mad at you! NOnono. I just thought y'all were too pumped up about a tiny thing....

But yeah, I may be a bit off-topic cause I'm mainly worried about how some Zelda fans commenting on some articles over at Zelda dungeon went all overboard and wrote all kinds of !@#$%, including deaththreats, sexually abusive words towards both females and homosexual males and just let loose a whole lot of !@#$% just because 1. guy didn't like like the Zeldaseries, 1. woman had to divorce her husband cause he never did !@#$% (brought in no money, didn't help her with anything at home) except play Zelda 24/7, and 1. schoolgirl wrote a slightly misinformed, yet positive article about the Zeldaseries. And lot's of people went "I'll kill you you !@#$% !@#$%/unappreciative !@#$%/stupid !@#$%"

OK, this is the Tingle thread, but since he is one of those characters people get angry about.. I'm just saying.. I don't know about you guys (you haven't said any !@#$% like that as far as I know), but what's up with all the hating? I love Zelda but nothing that's supposed to be a past-time pleasure should make people that mad....

. . .

Back to topic though, I think the tingle humor is weird. It's a lot of hints at japanese culture
that most of us don't get. Some jokes slip through but many of the quirks in Tingles world are totally beyond my comprehension.
- Viewing at the moment: Project Runway [TV-series].
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Listening to at the moment:
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 12:22:08 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 02:22:45 pm »
Mamoruanime, I'm not mad at you! NOnono. I just thought y'all were too pumped up about a tiny thing....

But yeah, I may be a bit off-topic cause I'm mainly worried about how some Zelda fans commenting on some articles over at Zelda dungeon went all overboard and wrote all kinds of !@#$%, including deaththreats, sexually abusive words towards both females and homosexual males and just let loose a whole lot of !@#$% just because 1. guy didn't like like the Zeldaseries, 1. woman had to divorce her husband cause he never did !@#$% (brought in no money, didn't help her with anything at home) except play Zelda 24/7, and 1. schoolgirl wrote a slightly misinformed, yet positive article about the Zeldaseries. And lot's of people went "I'll kill you you !@#$% !@#$%/unappreciative !@#$%/stupid !@#$%"

OK, this is the Tingle thread, but since he is one of those characters people get angry about.. I'm just saying.. I don't know about you guys (you haven't said any !@#$% like that as far as I know), but what's up with all the hating? I love Zelda but nothing that's supposed to be a past-time pleasure should make people that mad....

. . .

Back to topic though, I think the tingle humor is weird. It's a lot of hints at japanese culture
that most of us don't get. Some jokes slip through but many of the quirks in Tingles world are totally beyond my comprehension.

Um...who cares what goes on at another forum?  Why even bring it up or assume we are all douche bags like that?

People can be pissed off at a game because they bought the damn thing.
"Don't get mad, it's just a game."
!@#$% that.  I(or anyone) paid money for game, and when there are annoying green tight wearing, rupee whoreing, fairy men in my game, I'ma be pissed >:{
/sarcasm

Really, if you pay money for a game, you are a customer.  Customers have the right still to voice their satisfaction/dissatisfaction with the product.

Then again, I wonder if anyone returned the games when Tingle  says:
Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah!

then see this picture >.>
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.8 seconds with 77 queries.