Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda: Modern Concept  (Read 6055 times)

Re: Zelda: Modern Concept
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 02:56:04 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
Sure, you could play the scene as a "guns blazing" (which in this case would be a phrase not likely invented yet), or stealthily. It would just be up to preference. The AI wouldn't go batshit insane in "alert" mode, just like normal "aware" AI rather than the completely oblivious "stick to my path" AI from the sneaking mode.
  • Lionfish Apps

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010, 03:28:59 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Tfs, you be quiet. Every Zelda game has a horrible sneaking around part. Why not make it actually enjoyable? Martin, sounds awesome. ;)

Not the good ones... and that part wasn't even enjoyable in OoT.
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2010, 04:25:45 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
I suppose, yeah. But it seems to be a trend lately. Spirit Tracks's drove me especially crazy. Having to sneak a person around who you have limited clumsy control over? Not a good gameplay mechanic.
  • Lionfish Apps

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2010, 04:26:49 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
No, not really. That part was annoying.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2010, 05:44:41 am »
I found the ST sneak mission way to easy. You even had help in distracting the guards. Then again I liked the stylus controls. Now MC's stealth part is still the most difficult of them all. The last guard must have X-ray vision or something, because he still catches me when I am already around the corner.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2010, 05:50:22 am »
I noticed that too... I still found WW's Forsaken Fortress (it's one of the two names, I know it!) even more frustrating.

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2010, 08:51:53 am »
Stealth + Zelda does not work.
Phantom hourglass's running away from the stupid phantoms is the worst thing I've ever done in a zelda game. My hate for the ocean temple was enough to make me not complete the game. I've only done about 4 or 5 dungeons, don't plan on ever finishing it. Also, touchscreen controls and ruined WW graphics made this my least favourite zelda I've ever played.
From what I've heard spirit tracks is more of the same. No thanks.
Wind Waker's stealth segments in the forsaken fortress were annoying, but fortunately not a core part of the gameplay for the rest of the game. They did it once, which was enough.
It's like Nintendo just continuously take the worst parts of their games and make a whole new game around it.

So for the sake of your game/concept, don't do it.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2010, 08:59:27 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I found the ST sneak mission way to easy. You even had help in distracting the guards. Then again I liked the stylus controls. Now MC's stealth part is still the most difficult of them all. The last guard must have X-ray vision or something, because he still catches me when I am already around the corner.

You still have to sneak around in the Ocean Temple clone Spirit Tower, and it's very frustrating.
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2010, 12:40:35 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Sneaking is always dreadful in Zelda games. The Deku Palace was awful in MM aswell as all the ones mentioned so far.
Personally I'd like to see a Zelda with bigger battles, maybe having Link have companions so its a slightly bigger group taking on an army.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2010, 04:02:20 pm »
So I just skimmed through this thread a bit. Did I seriously read that people want a gun in a Zelda game? Wtfh. That's as absurd as turning Mario into an FPS.
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2010, 04:45:09 pm »

You still have to sneak around in the Ocean Temple clone Spirit Tower, and it's very frustrating.
I always rushed through those parts. If you go fast the Phantoms cannot get you, because you reach a save zone in time. Nothing stealthy or sneaky about those parts. And with the phantom sword you can just kill the bastards. And in ST you just collect the three tears and heck on the phantoms, when they are in the way.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2010, 05:22:21 pm »
I find The Temple of the Ocean King to be more of a DEAR LORD RUN BEFORE YOU DIE instead of stealth. Because usually you can KILL THE PURSUER in stealth mode. You can in the Tower of Spirits, once you collect the three Tears of Light. And then even easier once you get Zelda to possess a Phantom. Especially the... ones that turn into rocks and try to smash you... what are those ones again?

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2010, 05:15:51 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
So I just skimmed through this thread a bit. Did I seriously read that people want a gun in a Zelda game? Wtfh. That's as absurd as turning Mario into an FPS.

If you have that opinion then you're either really stubborn or you didn't read my entire section about the gun. Also, guns have been around way longer than trains, and Nintendo had no problem dropping that one in there, so don't give me a time-period conflict argument.
  • Lionfish Apps

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2010, 05:29:25 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

If you have that opinion then you're either really stubborn or you didn't read my entire section about the gun. Also, guns have been around way longer than trains, and Nintendo had no problem dropping that one in there, so don't give me a time-period conflict argument.

Had no problem dropping trains into the worst Zelda game since the CD-I games. <_<... Guns are a bad idea in Zelda. Nobody gave a time period argument; you were conscience about that all by yourself :P

The problem with this entire thing (and like 80% of the fangames around here), and I mentioned it before is that you're just missing the spirit of Zelda entirely, and going for some big mashup of other titles you enjoyed. It's best before even conceptualizing to sit down and study common elements in a series you want to work on, and go from there.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2010, 05:37:31 am »
You're trying to make a game that is to Zelda what Lords of Shadow is to Castlevania. It just won't work. Sure, I like some of your ideas, but... they really wouldn't work in a Zelda game.

• Mirby Studios

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2010, 06:46:20 am »
  • .越//
Mario FPS turns out good ;)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujQs6JVnlQU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujQs6JVnlQU</a>

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2010, 07:02:35 am »
lol great

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2010, 11:40:19 am »
Had no problem dropping trains into the worst Zelda game since the CD-I games. <_<... Guns are a bad idea in Zelda. Nobody gave a time period argument; you were conscience about that all by yourself :P
Actually, I was the first to come with the time period argument. I said, that if a gun would ever work, you would need the Zelda game in some western or later time era ambience. However I am of the opinion that a medival ambience is a part of a Zelda game, no matter what the technological advances.
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2010, 12:07:27 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Well, either way, nothing's ever going to come of this. Just a place for me to drop random ideas I have. And all these ideas probably wouldn't be good in the same game together either.
  • Lionfish Apps

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2010, 04:23:50 pm »
Not, not really... but ideas are always good.

• Mirby Studios
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 73 queries.

anything