Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: [Screens]Legend of Zelda: The missing piece (Alpha)  (Read 42315 times)

Re: [Screens]Legend of Zelda: The missing piece ...
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2012, 10:20:49 pm »
Add sword trails and 3 charge level:

Trails:

1 level:

2 level:

3 level:

« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2012, 09:52:46 pm »
  • Let's do this.
Great! XD You realized my suggestion, good job!
This is one of many tales Hylian lore speaks of...

Click here to check out my Deviantart!
  • Zelda Time Walker
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2012, 11:16:59 pm »
Dam thats some bad fps.
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2012, 11:18:01 pm »
Yes need good pc.
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2012, 11:22:15 pm »
@ Rayo, yes we are always open for suggestions.. if you make a good suggestion we`ll put it in the game if possible :)

@ infini, Tales needs a better pc the game runs at 60 fps on my pc even faster in runtime(.exe): intel core 2 duo 3.33ghz, 4gb ram and geforce 9600gt
  • Zelda: missing piece
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2012, 11:24:35 pm »
lol my pc is bad dual core 1.6ghz, 2 go ram and Geforce 7400 go ( laptop ) .
I have 5 fps  :'(

Need buy new pc

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2012, 12:27:00 am »
Need to lower the minimum requirements more like. Hardly anyone has a PC that powerful.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2012, 12:29:06 am »
are you kidding me? :| i think my pc is below the average of a "normal" pc

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2012, 12:32:12 am »
Uh...not really. The average PC is between 2.1 GHz and 2.8 GHz, unless desktops and laptops vary greatly.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2012, 12:34:04 am »
yeah for laptops you`ll have to have a verry expensive one to run this game(or any new game) for desktops i think most people have a dual core 3.0 ghz or more..
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2012, 01:17:34 am »
  • Minalien
yeah for laptops you`ll have to have a verry expensive one to run this game(or any new game) for desktops i think most people have a dual core 3.0 ghz or more..
Exactly where are you getting that idea from? Because no, most desktop users do not have a 3.0 GHz dual-core processor or greater. The quality of graphics in comparison to the apparent system requirements here do not match up - you need to optimize the game's assets.

Just looking at your screenshots, I can tell that you also need to tighten up your physics properties (~13ms), find out why your game logic is taking so long (~16ms), and find out what Blender is calculating as "Overhead."

For a game running at 60 frames per second, you only have approximately 16ms total per frame to do everything - about 33ms for 30 frames per second.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2012, 01:31:02 am »
hhm everyone i know has a pc with a cpu faster then dual core 3.0ghz.. but anyway i think tales slow pc is to blame here because on my pc it looks very diffrent...

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2012, 01:42:30 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
hhm everyone i know has a pc with a cpu faster then dual core 3.0ghz.. but anyway i think tales slow pc is to blame here because on my pc it looks very diffrent...

I'm sorry, but that doesn't mean everyone has a CPU faster than a dual core 3.0 GHZ.

Otherwise, the graphics looks pretty good.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2012, 01:44:24 am »
no but let`s be honest.. if you want to play a new game these day`s you have to have a decent pc.. i know our game does not look as good as the games today..
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2012, 02:12:40 am »
  • Minalien
i know our game does not look as good as the games today..
Which is the reason that people will take issue with the system requirements. The only thing that I'm trying to say is that you need to find what areas in your code or assets are causing these bottlenecks, because the majority of users here aren't going to have a machine strong enough to run the game well. I'm noticing that the rasterization seems to be the slowest portion of the project (still running at ~15ms) - which is, really, to be expected. But given that you don't have Anti-Aliasing and that the contents of the scenes you've presented look simple enough that it should not be having these problems.

And once again, your game should not require the resources of a AAA title in order to run - and optimization is the developers' responsibility. Saying that users who want to run "new games" these days need a powerful gaming computer does not apply to your project.

On a lighter note, it does look great, and it's awesome to see fan projects in this community start stepping into the third dimension.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2012, 02:35:11 am »
on my pc i have max setting, but if i turn off shadows i have 12 fps and if i turn off anticrenelage i have 17 fps.
Like all game pc, need setting.
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2012, 03:36:50 am »
@ Rayo, yes we are always open for suggestions.. if you make a good suggestion we`ll put it in the game if possible :)

@ infini, Tales needs a better pc the game runs at 60 fps on my pc even faster in runtime(.exe): intel core 2 duo 3.33ghz, 4gb ram and geforce 9600gt

Something seems wrong if you can run crysis but not a fangame

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2012, 11:40:00 am »
  • www.mouffers.com

Something seems wrong if you can run crysis but not a fangame

^^ This. Very very much this. No offense, but your game does not live up to the ranks of Skyrim and other AAA titles that have insane graphics that require good specs. I'm really not trying to insult you, but there is clearly a leak somewhere in your code. I strongly suggest you follow Min's advice as he is a pro at OpenGL/graphic stuff and probably knows how to optimize this.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2012, 05:36:11 pm »
Hell, I won't be able to play this game with my PC.

I have to agree with the rest. Professional developers spend insane amount of time and effort on optimizing their games and engines. Just to be able to display a few more polygons on screen or add more interactivity to their world. Thus when displaying a room which is reminiscent of the N64 already requires a system the level of a PS3, then a completed game will completely stutter. Or you must make small rooms with little stuff in it.
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2012, 12:23:20 am »
yes i agree on some points but the blender game engine is not very powerfull(easy to learn but deff not very good).. So if we want to keep the graphics at this level it will need a fast pc. I`m not saying it will need a 3.0ghz dual core after being optimized but you can`t expect this to run on a Pentium 2 or a cheap netbook, and sure we still have to do allot and i mean really allot of optimizations and also we will have some options to turn off shadows and other things that require a better pc so that it will run on slower pc`s might even make a version whitout glsl that will speed up the game allot but the graphics won`t be this good.. Also comparing this game to new games was my misstake.. you can`t compare them they use highly optimized engines as we are using a free open source engine that is now like 3 versions out dated..

Also keep in mind I have almost no experience making games this is my first game and still learning every few day`s for the last 3 years.. But for now we can only ask people to play the alpha and post system specs and fps rate so we`ll have a bit more information then just from the 4 or 5 pc`s we can use to test it

edit1:
oh one last thing remember most screenshots are taking within blender and not in a runtime so blender and all it`s functions are still running in the background in maps where i get 25 fps in blender i get 50-60 fps in runtime

edit2:
Did some research on the overhead and rasterizer:

Overhead: Time taken to draw the Framerate, Profile and Debug Properties. This will raise as you add more things for the overhead display to draw. Also keep in mind that this will be 0 when not displaying the overhead.

Rasterizer: Time taken for drawing. This includes the debug visualization. This will increase as you add more complexity to your scene, and as you add more 2D filters.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:20:17 am by A.k. »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 73 queries.