Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the best Gundam show?  (Read 7586 times)

Re: What's the best Gundam show?
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 11:27:41 pm »
Hmm, my mistake. I watched both series around the same time years ago.

I just finished watching the movie "G-Saviour" and I don't know where to start. Yeah you guessed right, it is the American made movie that was released in 2000 as a 20th Anniversary project of Gundam.

First of all the story is flimsily. Compared to this the average Gundam series is at the intellectual level of Neon Genesis. The story also takes a number of abrupt twists that do not make any sense.

Show content
The most prominent being that the main character suddenly starts cheating on his gorgeous wife with a mediocre woman in plain view of his wife  :huh: The movie did not contain a love or hate build up between the characters. In fact his wife has faithfully stood by the main character's side and sacrificed everything when he was accused for treason and ran of with the rebels. Well it at least served as a stepping stone as the wife fires the first shot in her anger that starts a fight/war. And at the end it is her that apologizes and the cheaters stay together.

But at least the fight needed to be started or the movie could not be based on the Gundam series. That little time is spent on Mobile Suits. And there isn't even character development. The Mobile Suits also moved really slow, and the CGI wasn't something to write home about. Then again the movie was released in 2000. The movie could not even be consistent with the series it is based upon.
Show content
Because in the series the Earth forces have the GM type mobile suits and the colonies have the Zaku types. The movie has them switched around.

Did this movie do anything good? Oh yeah. The designs of the Mobile Suits are awesome. Especially G-Saviour looked mighty fine and has some very good realistic effects. 

Concluding if you are a real fan of Gundam, than this movie could be mildly enjoyable to watch, others should stay away from this.

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 11:49:24 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
I'm pretty sure starting a war is worse than cheating on your spouse. And 2000? That's no excuse. Final Fantasy: The spirits within came out roughly around then, so did Shrek, and those movies looked fantastic.
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 08:19:33 am »
I'm pretty sure starting a war is worse than cheating on your spouse.
Yeah the problem is that it is not developed. It comes out of the blue and it is not touched upon again.

And 2000? That's no excuse. Final Fantasy: The spirits within came out roughly around then, so did Shrek, and those movies looked fantastic.
Yeah, but it was not a big budget theatrical movie and targeted to Gundam fans. And that is why I give it some slack. Additionally if you put the the CGI of Shrek and Spirits Within next to some recorded movie of actual actors and sets, it would look fake to.

But still the G-Saviour in its own right still looks freaking awesome.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.443 seconds with 44 queries.

anything