Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: E3 Press conferences  (Read 13421 times)

E3 Press conferences
« on: June 14, 2010, 05:06:41 pm »
Well, this is a topic about the press conferences from E3.

19:05 hours  (GMT+1 Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels, Paris time) the Microsoft E3 pressconference should have started now. But it has been delayed. Oh golly. I heard a rumor that Project Natal has been renamed to Kinect?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 05:43:11 pm by Niek »
Re: E3 Press conferences
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 06:25:00 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Not a rumor, confirmed last night.
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 06:49:55 pm »
Not a rumor, confirmed last night.
Yeah I just saw it in the conference.

Over an hour into the press conference and I am intensely bored.

Okay, Dance Central was impressive.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:58:39 pm by Niek »
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 07:01:45 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I don't even know what to make of this year's conference so far.  Really, Microsoft? Really?  Here's to hoping Rock Band 3 and Zelda make up for it.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 07:12:21 pm »
  • Idk
Well, I liked the design on the Xbox 360 Slim and Kinect was a suprise for me. Never thougt it could work so good.  :P
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 07:24:24 pm »
Okay, Dance Central and MGS Rising were the only two things that actually raised some interest. The rest was kinda mediocre to just boring. Most are First Person Shooters and I don't know what to make of Fable.

From what I have seen from Kinect, I got a real Eye Toy deja vu. You know how all those Eye Toy game titles were like "Eye Toy this" or "Eye Toy that". Got the same here. And that is also why I think Kinect will remain an underdog to the Xbox controller. With Wii people were forced to use the motion controls and only later games like SSBB and Mario Kart added classic control options.

The launch games are mostly minigames and no real full feature game. With Dance Central being the most impressive. Even the announced Star Wars game seems to be really railed in the gameplay. I think if you want to have some freedom of movement you still need something like a controller.

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 07:38:33 pm »
  • Idk
Nintendos press confernece is tomorrow and I'm so hyped about the new Zelda game. I did found some new info about the game;

• Zelda Wii's official title is "The Legend of Zelda" - there is no subtitle.

• The story is set several hundred years before Ocarina of Time and reveals how the Mastersword was created.

• The fairy-like girl, Zordiana, plays an important character in the game.

• The Hookshot has new abilities and will not pull you immediately to the target you aimed, and you can swing with it, like with the Grappling Hook from Wind Waker. The hookshot does not make use of Wii Motion Plus.

• Sometimes you have to "draw" a symbol on a door with your sword to open it.

• The Bow-Control is very similar to the Bow-Control in Wii Sports Resort.

• "There are two levels of difficulty. Aonuma put it through. Miyamoto didn't want to include it.The Normal-Mode for amateurs. The Hero-Mode has no "Super Guide" included and the enemies tougher".

• The On-Stage Dungeon, which is also playable at E3, isn't a Dungeon as we know it from the Zelda series. When entering a Dungeon, you will not notice you are in one. It will be a smooth gradation. There will be Dungeons with no Bosses and Bosses with no Dungeon. The "Dungeon" you are able to play at E3 will be an Ice-Level. It will be the first "Dungeon" in the Game.
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 08:09:27 pm »
Cute little girl showing off her pet tiger she thought was dog.

The stars game looked !@#$% awesome until people said it's on rails, !@#$% THAT.

Nintendos press confernece is tomorrow and I'm so hyped about the new Zelda game. I did found some new info about the game;

• The story is set several hundred years before Ocarina of Time and reveals how the Mastersword was created.

• The Hookshot has new abilities and will not pull you immediately to the target you aimed, and you can swing with it, like with the Grappling Hook from Wind Waker. The hookshot does not make use of Wii Motion Plus.

• "There are two levels of difficulty. Aonuma put it through. Miyamoto didn't want to include it.The Normal-Mode for amateurs. The Hero-Mode has no "Super Guide" included and the enemies tougher".

• The On-Stage Dungeon, which is also playable at E3, isn't a Dungeon as we know it from the Zelda series. When entering a Dungeon, you will not notice you are in one. It will be a smooth gradation. There will be Dungeons with no Bosses and Bosses with no Dungeon. The "Dungeon" you are able to play at E3 will be an Ice-Level. It will be the first "Dungeon" in the Game.

I doubt any of that is true.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 08:46:53 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
360 slim = what I'm going to buy to replace my broken 360 D:...
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 08:49:35 pm »
That the star wars game is on rails is painfully obvious from the video. At an action moment the character is stuck in one place like the camera. The movement freedom is as much as you can lean in front of the camera. When (almost) all enemies are defeated the characters dashes forward to the next spot. That just screams rails.

About those rumors, the two difficulty levels would be a nice addition. And the bow controls are nice touch. Some guy from Zelda Informer seems to swear by those rumors though: http://www.zeldainformer.com/2010/06/breaking-news-latest-zelda-wii-rumors-confirmed.php

Me personally, I'll just wait until the press conference tomorrow. But I am wondering if besides Zelda Nintendo's conference is just as boring. Microsoft's one began with someone from Treyarch silently playing CoD Black Ops :(

Hmmm, can't seemed to get through to the EA pressconference. Not on gametrailers neither on gamespot. Or isn't there any video of that pressconference.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 08:57:52 pm by Niek »
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 02:21:59 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

Are you sure you didn't make that up? >_>

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 02:37:17 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Are you sure you didn't make that up? >_>

Dead giveaway that it is made up is what I bolded.

*Nintendo has consistently denied any timeline, and has stated very clearly that each Zelda game is to be taken as it's own *new* game, and has no correlation with another game unless otherwise specified*

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 03:25:24 am »

Same here bro. :/
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 04:38:32 am »
Dead giveaway that it is made up is what I bolded.

*Nintendo has consistently denied any timeline, and has stated very clearly that each Zelda game is to be taken as it's own *new* game, and has no correlation with another game unless otherwise specified*

I don't see how that's a dead give away, replace Mastersword with Four Sword and Ocarina of Time with Four Swords and then you have the story of the Minish Cap.

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 04:40:54 am »
  • Idk
Nope, the rumors are not my work, I think it was VG247 who came across this information.  :P
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 04:50:39 am by SinkinDevil »
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 04:54:00 am »
I think it was VG247 who came across this information.  :P

Oh wow. VG247 himself? Now I trust those rumors a lot more! :-*

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 05:00:49 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Rumor pushers are rumor pushers. <_< They come around every year for E3.

olo Anyone remember when IGN would consistently give bad information before E3?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:24:32 am by Mamoruアニメ »
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 05:45:02 am »
Well, like I said earlier one of the editors at Zelda Informer seems to swear by those rumors.  I think most of them are fake, but some would be nice if they are real.

Now I have woken up, I have to catch up on the press conferences. Watching the EA now and the new NFS Hot Pursuit looks slick.

Dead Space 2 looks good. A lot of gore not really my thing. And if I heard correctly it is played on "Natal"? It looks free roam. Think that the controller is still used.

Medal of Honor is not really my game. And looky another gun shooter with Gunclub. Next up Battlefield. How many more FPS games does EA have. I get bored from this.

Ooh Peter Moore for EA Sports. MMA? What does that stand for? Looks like a cage fight game.... Nice a freestyle fighting game. The EA Sports Live Broadcast seems nice and big social network thingy that will have to compete with other social networks. MMA in stores on October 19th.

Active 2. I read that researchers found that the first game to be pretty effective as a fitness game. The sequel goes multiplatform. With the PS3 it does not seem to use the controller part of Move. The game does seem to come with 3 heartrate monitors. I don't think I am to thrilled about having my data displayed public though.

Yawn, a new Madden with another number added to it. Peter Moore: "Madden gives the quality of a full game in half the time!" I don't know how to take that. Am I getting twice as much content or do I lose interest twice as fast. The game-flow system might be nice, don't know what to think though.

Okay next up Sims3 Play with Lif3 and the guy is talking about free will. It seems EA has improved the Artificial Intelligence, which means that each Sim appears to have free will. Oh god, even more expansion packs scattered through theme, time and space. Well one thing can be said that The Sims is one of EA's most successful milk cows. I'm still not interested though.

Crysis 2 takes place in New York and it offers complete sandbox experience. Whoa Americans blowing up a skyscraper building. Well it gives a lot of big promises. Hmm, it seems the game has 3D stereoscopic graphics feature. Don't know if that is a plus, because you still need the glasses, which are !@#$% annoying.

Epic comes with a new game called Bulletstorm. And guess what? It is another First Person Shooter. It promises all kinds of new stuff, original content and never before seen things, but it is actually more of the same. The mega overpowered kick and grabbing enemies with some energy rope are cool though. But I still have the feeling I have seen it all before. And I do not like FPS games, thus I hardly played any.

Star Wars the old republic. Yay not another FPS. You get the choice between the Light side or the Dark side. Well, my choice will be whoever can offer me the coolest personal spaceship. Yeah you get your own spaceship. The trailer looks pretty sweet though.

Well that was the EA press conference. Overall it was far more enjoyable than Microsoft's press conference. Still what's up with all those freaking lame first person shooters, about half the games displayed were FPS games. The same as with Microsoft. Off the games that were not for Kinect most were FPS. Well at least Halo Reach still offered a space shooter part in a spaceship.

The best things that came from EA, were probably NFS Hot Pursuit and EA Sports MMA.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 07:14:04 am by Niek »

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 09:01:12 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.

Hell yeah, bro. I've been considering porting all of my !@#$% to a flash drive and dumping mine since it's starting to die. I might hold off on doing this until the Slim arrives.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 09:53:32 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
This week :P

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, it hits stores nao lol

Kinda curious though.. Dunno if you can transfer your files from an existing hdd to it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 78 queries.

anything