Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Video] playing as Toon Link in original LTTP  (Read 3040 times)

[Video] playing as Toon Link in original LTTP
« on: September 03, 2012, 05:59:23 pm »
Hello everyone, this is a sprite mod that I've been working on for quite a while... I plan on releasing all sprite sheets / data that I've collected once I finish the project...

Keep in mind that I've only converted about 150/200 sprites so far, and even then, they're all only first drafts... and I guess when I say converted, I mean I use yy-chr to redraw every LTTP sprite by hand (why make things easy?)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iahKt0OPFQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iahKt0OPFQ</a>

It blows my mind that the two games' graphics are compatible... to think that 20 years ago, we could have been playing SNES games with semi-current GBA graphics!  There are a few differences, however, size being one of them (MC Link is often 2 px too large).  The MC engine also uses almost twice as many frames per animation... so new Link kinda looks a little choppy at times.

I do have a question for you spriters:
I attached an image file of the sprite sheet I'm working with... I have absolutely no idea what E-8, G-6, G-7 or K-1 is.  Any help?

Anyway, hope you all like it!  As I said, I'll post all data once I've finished... I'm sure a few people could find that useful around here  XD

thestig

Re: [Video] playing as Toon Link in original LTT...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 08:58:31 pm »
Huh. This is very interesting. I don't know if you've heard of Parallel Worlds 2.0, but its recently achieved the same feat in injecting Minish Cap Link into the ROM. Even then, congrats on succeeding! It really is something when you take something that people think is impossible and make is happen, on stock SNES too! I'm sure if you were to use some co-processor chips like the ST018 to help out with storing more into the ROM.

As for what the sprites are, they look like unused sprites?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 03:48:11 am »
Yeah, SePH and I have done some work in the past, the first project being Lyra Islands... at the moment he's using an early version of the mod (maybe only like half the sprites finished).  He was talking about working on a new game, having MC Link rescue LTTP Link or something like that haha... the copy that I gave him turned Bunny Link into NES Link  XD

thestig

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 05:36:51 am »
Heh. Crazy concept. But then again, Parallel Worlds itself is a crazy concept so I suppose that shouldn't be of any surprise when you bring up SePH. ;P Speaking of which, would you be willing to provide some tutorials on how to inject this data into the ALTTP ROM?

Anyways.. it still blows my mind what you would have to go through in order just to merely import MC Link alone into ALTTP. I mean, damn redrawing every sprite and frame by hand? O_o I would've said "screw it" a long time ago which is where the difference between me and you lies.

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 08:36:55 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
MathOnNapkins is pretty big in the ALTTP hecking scene as well, infact he's been working on a disassembly of it for several years now
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 06:47:52 pm »
Heh. Crazy concept. But then again, Parallel Worlds itself is a crazy concept so I suppose that shouldn't be of any surprise when you bring up SePH. ;P Speaking of which, would you be willing to provide some tutorials on how to inject this data into the ALTTP ROM?

Anyways.. it still blows my mind what you would have to go through in order just to merely import MC Link alone into ALTTP. I mean, damn redrawing every sprite and frame by hand? O_o I would've said "screw it" a long time ago which is where the difference between me and you lies.

Yeah, I can definitely post a tutorial!  My way is the probably the slowest method, yy-chr gets picky with what you can paste into it... Paint Shop Pro 9 was one of the few programs that could copy/paste sprites straight into the program... and I didn't feel like paying for / pirating the software, so, that's why I do it the slow painful way haha
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 50 queries.