Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission] Deku Town flourishes (remove)  (Read 5926 times)

[Submission] Deku Town flourishes (remove)
« on: July 18, 2012, 04:40:26 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Description: a long side-quest that consist in making, the place in which the Forest Maze was, into a little town of the Deku Swamp. It'll have various shops, mini-games, and other things.

Time
After completing the Forest Temple:
- The Deku King will ask Link to get some people to live in the Deku Swamp
- Link must visit Hyrule, and ask people to live there
- A few houses will appear in the area

After completing the Water Temple:
- The King will ask Link to get some traders
- Link must visit Hyrule and the Zora's Domain to get some traders to sell in the Deku Swamp
- A few more houses and one shop will appear

After completing the Earth Temple:
- The King will ask Link to get a show and things related with turism
- Link must visit Hyrule, the Zora's Domain and the Goron Mountains to get people to help build things related with turism
- A huge statue of Link will be built in the center of a fountain, a stage will also be there, and there will be a show of Boken the Slayer (yes, he's a deku, right MG?).

After completing the Shiekah Temple:
- The King will ask Link to get people for a world-wide itmes shop
- Link must visit Hyrule, Zora's Doman, Goron Mountains, the Gerudo Desert and the Valley of Death to get people that sells things of each place
- There will be a lot of houses, four shops, the statue with the fountain, and the stage

Reward:
A heart piece and 25% less on the price of the shop items.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 03:04:42 pm by BlazeBigBang »
Re: [Submission] Deku Town flourishes
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 04:55:15 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Description: a long side-quest that consist in making, the place in which the Forest Maze was, into a little town of the Deku Swamp. It'll have various shops, mini-games, and other things.

Time

- Link must visit Hyrule and the Zora's Domain to get some traders to sell in the Deku Swamp

- Link must visit Hyrule, the Zora's Domain and the Goron Mountains to get people to help build things related with turism
- A huge statue of Link will be built in the center of a fountain, a stage will also be there, and there will be a show of Boken the Slayer (yes, he's a deku, right MG?).

- Link must visit Hyrule, Zora's Doman, Goron Mountains, the Gerudo Desert and the Valley of Death to get people that sells things of each place
- There will be a lot of houses, four shops, the statue with the fountain, and the stage

Reward:
I don't think link will even see the king in this game.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 04:58:02 pm »
  • It's the grineer

Time

Reward:
I don't think link will even see the king in this game.

It's not neccesary to be the sacrificed King, it can be the new one.
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 04:59:43 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
NVM, I thought you meant the Hyrulian King.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 10:00:59 pm »
I know I'm not doing any of the coding, or have a final say in anything, but I REALLY like this idea!
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 10:09:28 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I honestly dislike the idea, There are some points that don't make sense:
1. Why would they make a staue of link wen link steals the cog?
2. Why would they be interested in tourism if they dislike outsiders.
3. Boken is in the nomaid circus that roves around hyrule fireld, how come he would go to Deku swamp by himself?
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 11:52:04 pm »
  • It's the grineer
I honestly dislike the idea, There are some points that don't make sense:
1. Why would they make a staue of link wen link steals the cog?
2. Why would they be interested in tourism if they dislike outsiders.
3. Boken is in the nomaid circus that roves around hyrule fireld, how come he would go to Deku swamp by himself?

1. After all his hard work they would like to give something to Link.
2. They needed money. Tourism will give them enough.
3. All what I know is that he's the only musician. In case of being more, the others will also come. He's a deku, so he would like to visit people like him.
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 11:56:54 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
He steals the cog, he doesn't ask. You don't get rewarded by stealing, even though this games is about theivery, Common sense, you steal from someone they don't like you.
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 12:06:32 am »
He steals the cog, he doesn't ask. You don't get rewarded by stealing, even though this games is about theivery, Common sense, you steal from someone they don't like you.

I don't want to sound rude or nothing... But you don't like very many people's ideas do you?
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 12:11:23 am »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
It's not really about if I dislike the idea or not, I'm explaining issues an idea has, if it has issues.

And we are allowed to comment on submissions.

I hope this clears that up.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:15:34 am by Shadow宇宙の神 »
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 03:45:24 am »
  • It's just Max.
Criticism is important, as it acts as a kind of quality control here, and we are striving to make this game the best it can be. Every idea is definitely not going to work, and even many good ideas wouldn't fit into the game, in light of overall themes, other things in the game, etc.

Shadow, sometimes you do tend to come off a bit abrasive, though, but I suppose that's your choice :s

Just to be upfront, though, I dislike the idea of another town. You're suggesting that there are numerous shops there, and other towns will have shops, what are all these people going to sell?

Secondly, this side quest doesn't seem like a lot of fun to me. Go to these towns, and find people willing to do stuff for a Deku king. Dunno, can't explain it very well, but it doesn't sound like the kind of thing I enjoy. This is a personal preference, though, so my sole opinion isn't super valid.

Third, having an entire town develop is kind of HUGE for a side quest. Thing about side quests is that they have to be... On the side. An entire town developing is a big deal, and kind of undermines the focus of the game, particularly as it doesn't relate to any of the game's themes.

Not relating to any of the games themes, or tying into any plot or personal details is another thing. This side quest doesn't relate to the rich vs poor theme, or any sort of oppression theme, which is kind of recurrent here. It doesn't really relate to the Deku people's problem or personality, and doesn't relate to any specific NPCs, really, in terms of resolving conflicts of theirs.

Sorry to be so harsh, but it doesn't seem to me like it has too much to do with anything :/
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 01:28:52 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Well, I guess I'll try to develop something new, then
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 02:30:48 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Edit: Removed since there is no point in responing to something said to me, since it's off topic.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 04:24:03 pm by Shadow宇宙の神 »
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 03:05:43 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Regardless however, this thread is being derailed.  Please stay on topic.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 04:10:37 pm »
  • It's the grineer

What does it mean "derailes", MG?

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 04:16:29 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com

It means you guys are talking about stuff off-topic when you shouldn't be. For instance, this topic is a train and it's running on a rail built by criticism of the submission. When say you or Shadow decides to either talk about yourselves or have some sort of roleplaying fit, that makes the train run on a different rail, thus derailing the topic train. Nobody likes it, and from now on I will smite whoever does it.

Continue on the topic PLEASE.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 04:19:07 pm »
  • It's the grineer

It means you guys are talking about stuff off-topic when you shouldn't be. For instance, this topic is a train and it's running on a rail built by criticism of the submission. When say you or Shadow decides to either talk about yourselves or have some sort of roleplaying fit, that makes the train run on a different rail, thus derailing the topic train. Nobody likes it, and from now on I will smite whoever does it.

Continue on the topic PLEASE.

Ah thanks. And sorry for this off-topic message.
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 05:03:15 pm »
Blaze, I think your idea of building a community is a good one, however your execution is rather poor. No offense, but first of all I have my doubts about your Forest Maze, that I will make clear in its respective topic.

First the Deku are in a clinch with the ruling family of the deku. This will be the main problem that Link will have to focus on for this race. The deku are also a paranoid species. They may tolerate strangers traveling through, but it would be a bit out of character for them to invite people or even set up a tourism industry.

It is also not really clear to me if this becomes the deku village in the swamp area or if this will be a second village in this area. In the former case it would be a bit problematic as Link will have to interact with the community to get on his way towards the first dungeon. In the latter case, it may make the swamp feel a bit crowded. So I don't know if the deku swamp is the best area to start a new community. I would advice you to consider other options and consider the pro's and con's.

Your submission also does not really consider the troubles that each of the races have. For example the Gorons are struck by a terrifying plague, which does not allow them to travel, let alone migrate much. And the Gerudo are banished from Hyrule. My advice is to consider the problems of each race and see how much you can work with it. In my opinion the poor people of Castle Town are the most flexible.

Another thing if you are going to use accepted characters in your submission it would do you good to consider what is accepted. Boken the Slayer is part of the traveling deku circus, with possibly his own minigame. You don't need to read the entire topic. What is accepted is in the OP of each topic. Again my advice is to read the OP's of the accepted topics and the GDD.

You're suggesting that there are numerous shops there, and other towns will have shops, what are all these people going to sell?
Just because there are shops, doesn't mean that the player can buy stuff in the shop. There may be bakeries, clothing shops, grocery shops. However the 25% off of the price in shops does suggest that it was Blaze's intention for the player to buy stuff there. In addition I have to agre with Max that in your execution you do not really consider the themes of the game.

So my ending words. Building a community is a good idea, however your execution needs a lot of work. Keep working at it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 75 queries.