Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: LoZ:BotW  (Read 17394 times)

LoZ:BotW
« on: June 14, 2016, 08:30:52 pm »
Well I figured since no one else started a thread I may as well.

Unfortunately I didn't see anything but the tail end of the live stream for the demo - but I did catch the trailer after the fact for anyone who wants to see it or hasn't seen it here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy00yL3zPjE

I for one am pretty stoked about this game - there are a lot of unconventional Zelda like things happening though and it's going to be a pretty huge change - but it seems done so well that I can probably handle it without my mind exploding.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

Crim

Super Special Awesome
Re: LoZ:BotW
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 04:53:17 am »
  • I'm Pro!
game looks soooo goooooooood.. I am ready to play the elder scrolls Zelda edition.
  • Crim is Pro!

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 12:37:54 pm »
  • .越//
 XD and did someone notice that the lamp of "the old man" looks like the one i made for the KoT Lizardos?

anyways... best of e3 for what i've seen (too much remakes/remasters going on )

game looks soooo goooooooood.. I am ready to play the elder scrolls Zelda edition.

You mean: The Elder Sword - Hyrule ;-)

Unfortunately I didn't see anything but the tail end of the live stream for the demo

Go to youtube, didnt see the livestream at all! (timezones and stuff)

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 12:56:59 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Far Cry Primal meets Zelda... I am going to spam the Hylia out of my Wolf Link amiibo.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 02:17:34 pm »
  • 笑い男
VOICE ACTING?!

A JUMP BUTTON?!

NO HEARTS FROM GRASS?!

Were my reactions lol

Can't wait to experience it though

Huge Ghibli vibes too

Far Cry Primal meets Zelda... I am going to spam the Hylia out of my Wolf Link amiibo.

Just going to link to neogaf for tons of info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233823
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:45:59 pm by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 04:54:08 pm »
  • It's just Max.
It looks pretty fun, don't get me wrong, but was anyone else unimpressed by the aesthetics? The robot stuff was like, every color of LED all at once. The environment changes look pretty sudden too, like you cross a line and all of a sudden it's snowy.

Probably didn't help that I just played Uncharted 4, which was incredibly gorgeous. But the E3 dudes were like, the graphics are amazing! And I was like, I guess?
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 06:10:54 pm »
I have mixed feelings. I like that there FINALLY seems to be voice acting and an open world. It looks like fun to walk around in it (the wall climbing and sliding on a shield is a nice touch). Though I wonder how long walking and flying around will stay fun seeing as the world is so vast and feels somewhat empty from what I've seen so far. I'm glad they brought exploration back to the series, though. It's something that's been lacking ever since Wind Waker, though that was mostly exploring water. It's almost like they 'filled up' the Great Ocean in this game with actual land to explore!

Having said that, I do agree with Donotfeedthemax. The graphics, no matter how you slice it, look dated as !@#$%. It doesn't make it unplayable, but compared to similar games that are out nowadays it really really stands out to me. Graphics have made an insane leap and Nintendo just feels like it's constantly lagging behind.

I'll have to see if the NX is any good, because there's no way I am buying a Wii U now obviously. If the NX is the same kind of garbage like before then I am definitely done with Nintendo.
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 09:43:06 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I think the game looks great! Im looking forward to playing it, and I love how the Koroks appear in this game!
I thibk this game takes place after Wind Waker. The Koroks have accomplished their mission of draining the great sea, to unite the islands into one, like stated in the Wind Waker. Thats why there are Koroks still around. And maybe the Rito are there too? The did appear in Twilight Princess HD as an easteregg for this game, on the walls of the path that leads from castle town to the castle, carved on the walls, which is impossible by the way, since they dont exist on that time period.

I'm also looking forward to see the gorons! You can see Death Mountain from a distance and I want to go there! And I am wandering if the Deku tree is going to be around and the Great Valloo.

What do you guys think?

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 02:48:39 am »
  • .越//
you could be right:

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 07:23:01 am »
  • 笑い男
Not sure what you lot mean by "graphics", but it's really pleasing my eyes
Sure detail is quickly lost over distance, but got to leave something to look forward to in the NX version I guess :p

Really reminds me of sitting back and having fun with minecraft for the first time
A whole new world, with absolutely no idea of what the limits are, how you go about doing things is all left up to you etc

When I read about zelda being open world I was concerned, because all these open world games of late don't appeal to me at all, with the idea sounding great, but the execution just boring as hell.
This though, doesn't leave me with that feeling. In fact I can't wait to dive in a just get lost.
Then again, I loved sailing around the great sea and coming across all sorts of cool things. Nintendo's great when it comes to attention to detail, polish and just giving the world a sense of wonder, and I'm seeing absolutely tons of that here.

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 04:51:17 pm »
  • It's just Max.
When I read about Zelda being open world I was concerned

Seconded, most of the open world games I've played got boring after a little while because all the fluff they filled it with was the same stuff repeated. But the great sea in Wind Waker was an open world back on GameCube, and it wasn't even boring. I think mainly because each island was so different and clearly had some story or mystery behind it, even if you never found out what it was. Like that one island made of cubes, I loved that one.

Maybe they're just keeping things on the down low for now, but from what I've seen its just moblin camp after moblin camp.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 06:02:42 pm »
  • .越//
well there's just the "start area" in the e3 demo, i don't believe that ist just 2%... but at least its ensured that there are around 3-4 big Areas around the area which should contain at least more than moblins to fight... ( i still wait to see actual Settlements, the game title lets me fear to see endless nature )

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2016, 02:03:51 pm »
you could be right:

[img]
It could also be referring to Skyward Sword's Sand Sea, which is more ancient than Wind Waker's. :P And there are SS references since Hylia herself is referenced and a statue is seen within the Temple of Time. Also I don't feel Korok is enough proof to back up the timeline placement just yet either. No one has countered any of these points:
  • How can the Triforce's wish be undone?
  • How can an ocean dry out within a 100 years?
  • Why did Sheikah technology suddenly pop up?
  • Why has some land formations dramatically changed? It appears Hyrule Castle is no longer surrounded by a lake.
There's probably more, but honestly, post Wind Waker never made much sense when I first heard about it. Korok are Kokiri right? Who's to say they evolved in other timelines too for different reasons? Heck, they disappeared in the Child and Decline timelines and in A Link Between Worlds you see Koroks in paintings and in Twilight Princess HD you see Rito stone carvings along Hyrule Castle's walls (these were new additions). So honestly, I don't think it's post-Wind Waker... anywhere is still a huge possibility. Maybe this time it's up to our interpretations as to where it sits, I'd like that more personally.

In any case, the new Zelda is amazing. The graphics look better than Wii U to me honestly. Also we ARE going to see villagers and whatnot. They took them out for demo and spoiler-free purposes. ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 10:56:38 am by Shane »
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 03:31:33 am »
Game looks nice enough. I'm happy i don't have to deal with waggling my hand to attack FU SS! NEVER FORGET!!

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 04:26:45 am »
  • .越//
Game looks nice enough. I'm happy i don't have to deal with waggling my hand to attack FU SS! NEVER FORGET!!

Better Forget! and wait for SS HD ;-) w/o timey winey wiggely waggeling controls

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 06:22:00 am »
  • I'm Pro!
my body is ready
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 07:29:04 pm »
my body is ready
my body is reggie 8)

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 07:48:12 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 04:25:00 am »
I have mixed feelings. I like that there FINALLY seems to be voice acting and an open world. It looks like fun to walk around in it (the wall climbing and sliding on a shield is a nice touch). Though I wonder how long walking and flying around will stay fun seeing as the world is so vast and feels somewhat empty from what I've seen so far.

Just wanted to mention that they specifically stated that the demo is not fully representative of the full game. They removed all NPCs and towns and stuff from the area for the E3 demo to avoid any kind of story spoilers or such. Hearing them state that, I feel a bit better about how empty the demo felt especially since there was enough there to keep me interested as it is.
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 08:11:54 pm »
I honestly lost interest the longer I watched the livestream.  I had plenty of time at work to watch it without interruptions and it just felt unimpressive to me.  If this iteration had already been released as a Wii U launch title or 2013, I would have felt different.  Now, there are so many openworld games that it doesn't feel inspired in any way from my perspective.

The whole Amiibo, bring an ally, seems like a straight money grab as well.  I get it and all, but it jsut didn't sit right with me.

Nothing about what they showed felt like a real Zelda title.  Sure, you had Link and a HUD and stuff, but where was the dungeon expo?  Where were the awesome puzzles?  Where were some concept item usage?  All you got was crafting(every other rpg since Minecraft/Elder Scrolls), weapon inventory other than main sword(I know they been playing with this since Wind Waker but I never felt it belonged in a Zelda title), and some gimmick surfboard on your shield stuff.

As I watched the stream, I really thought I was watching SotC 2 with Zelda skinned over everything.  To me, that isn't a Zelda title.  I guess my love for the Zelda franchise begins at LoZ then ended at TP(even that felt a little too big at times).  No issues with huge Zelda games in general but if trekking across a giant overworld gives you the feeling that your $60 was well spent, you might as well grab TES games for dirt cheap on steam and walk around out there.

That said, I will probably pick it up in a couple years at $20 to experience it one time to truly see if I will enjoy it.  Too many other titles I am interested in this year.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 78 queries.

anything