Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tell me what you think of these logo's!  (Read 1964 times)

Tell me what you think of these logo's!
« on: June 29, 2006, 01:06:39 am »
  • n___n
I'm applying for a job at a local web design business and they want to see some of my better work. In addition to these, I'm also bringing in some hand drawn pictures and cartoon sketches.

So, just tell me if you think these are good. (CPU Graphics)

(This one won't be presented to the company, it's just a sketch I did)

All are hand made and 100% custom by ME!

yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
Re: Tell me what you think of these logo's!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 12:22:23 am »
  • n___n
46 views and not a single reply. COME ON PEOPLE!
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 12:57:59 am »
hmm well if you are using photoshop im sure you can do a better job.. apart from that i like them  ..
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 01:21:14 am »
Hmm,

Bullseye: I looks like a blurred hand-drawn piece, other than the text.  Also, the background image doesn't make all too much sense with the title "Bullseye", although I can understand how the rocket would tie in, but I don't think it works with that title.  The text is nice. Pretty good, just doesn't look too professional.

Alien Baby: Again looks too unprofessional.  Pillowshading on the shirt.  Nice character just needs more style to him.

Z-Tech: Likin' the design, but I don't understand what the thing on the right is, sorta looks like a globe with a road wrapped around it.

Milk: Could use some softer curves where the milk is pouring, and some AA to smooth those jagged edges.

Rejected Industries: Perfect! No C+C needed. By far the best one, followed by Milk. Good job.

There's some good solid C+C for ya ;)
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 02:53:25 am »
  • n___n
Thank you .Imyge, that's what I'm goin' for when I make these topics!

The Bullseye logo is meant to represent a rocket moving at fast speeds with intentions to hit it's target dead on. It's whizzing past a bunch of pine trees. And I didn't blur the text so that you could read it.

The Alien baby (his name is Handy) is meant to look kiddy styled, but I'm glad you like him.

About the Milk thing, I totally agree. In photoshop, is there a way to *smooth* the brushes and make it more like hwo Flash works in terms of the paintbursh tool. I can try Anti Aliasing, but I'm afraid then it wouldn't look right on a transparent background.

And, I like the rejected logo too. :)
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 04:15:12 am »
That makes sense. As for the bullseye, yeah I can see why you would blur it, but the current blur makes it look like it is shaking back and forth.  In PS, I'm pretty sure you can motion blur it in a specific direction, just set it to make it look like its going in a certain direction.

Hmm I never used flash so I wouldn't know how the brushes work, but in photoshop you can set your brushes to have an automatic AA, and I've seen people do it but don't know how to do it myself, but they make the AA or multiple colors to be semi transparent.  I don't know how this is done though, never really messed with it.

Just for a tip:When you present these, make sure you tell them what you intended the art to be(style, what the picture is doing, etc) because that could make or break the deal.  Good luck though.
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 12:17:59 am »
  • n___n
Well, I did that. I explained the background for each image, but they want people wih 20-30 years of experience in PS. I have about 2 year worth xD and I'm still learning.

So, I'm the chore-boy in the workplace XD
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 02:59:08 pm »
  • Fendez Coder
Bullseye: Way too blurry, static blurry logos aren't good :/ the glare looks a bit dodgy, it makes me think of those pr0n images wih the star coving the you know what.  :D
Alien Baby: hehe this one is cool...It's good, but...I can't see it being used professionally, I think it's the way you coloured it maybe.
Z-Tech: I don't like the Z...the thing on the right caught my eye though! it looks nice and shiney, i'd carry on with that idea!
Milk: I like this one, no idea why.
Rejected Industries: This is good, love the stamp and the INDUSTRIES bit...but the black bits could do with some anti-aliasing maybe.

Och vi som väntar på något gott vi väntar alltid för länge jag vet, jag vet
men ett liv med låga krav är som sommar utan sol och vinter utan snö
Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games

Tetrian

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 11:02:57 pm »
I think that the one for Rejected Industries is good, just a little more "splattered" look would be better. As for all of the others, they need alot of work...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 55 queries.

anything