Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Oldest software you've ever made!  (Read 6619 times)

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
Re: Oldest software you've ever made!
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 06:12:13 pm »
  • .越//
I always had any ideas but always tried "gamemaking devices" in 3d... what was very more complicated than spriting... i made a little game after an stupid drawing i made with a friend at school... the game was called "Strichmann 3d" ( Lineman 3D ) and was just a stupid guy who flow above houses... a little later i made Models for the Q3 Mod "Bid for Power" which was more like copy and paste different BfP Models together and changing the texture xDD

When i first come to ZFGC i was advertising for a project where i was with: "Hyrule Online", then i started myself with spriting for my own project "Oracle of Ages +" which should be in Minish Cap Style and we called us "Blood Moon Works", it never finished cause i had no skill in Spriting ( animations! ) and Coding ( coder was.... "bored" )... it looked like that:

some time ago i restarted it but i lost interest and stilll have no skill in coding... it looked like that( i didnt find an ingame picture ):

( Naryus House - STILL NOT FOR USE! HMKAAY)

but i never dumped a project... it all can come when i have enough skill ^^ but i want to make something unique so it is possible all canceled

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 07:53:23 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I was once working on a RPG called Forest (in FreeBASIC). One look at the source code will prove one thing, it is n00b (in fact I semi-deliberately programmed it like that to prove RPG's (albeit crappy ones) are within the reach of a n00b :) ).

source code
http://www.freewebs.com/qbasicguysarchive/ac.bas

executable
http://www.freewebs.com/qbasicguysarchive/ac.exe

Controls

w, a, s, d - Move Charecter
t - Battle Monster (hadn't put random battles in it)
in battle press m or s to cast a spell or melee attack

Other things (talking etc) are done with the number buttons (1,2,3 etc)

screenshots:

It was littered with spelling mistakes in both the source code AND the actual gameplay as well as being generally boring when it came to the battle engine :)

mit

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 08:07:59 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
Ah, haha, first thing I ever made was in QBasic. It was a text game based on just entering numbers, and... meh.

Then I downloaded QB 4.5 which had graphics functions, and I made "Sissy Fighters" which was awesome. It was a top-down shooter, with two players, and ten stages. And weapon and ammo pickups. And, yeah. I'll see if I can find a copy....
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games

Naz

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2006, 12:31:30 am »
  • Ph34r the toast.
I remember it, it was a horrible platform game in MMF.  It's around on some CD somewhere, I won't even bother looking though.  I remember thinking it was awesome, and now the I look back, it's horrible.  It did have some interesting cheats though that were somewhat hard, now extremely easy, to do then.  Some were things like flying or secret levels.  It's funny to see how all of us improved so much.  I can't believe all of us started with such crappy games as these XD
Don't read this.
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2006, 04:06:37 pm »
I can hardly believe it either :). Although, sometimes I think... 2002... What the heck's a variable? 2003... What's the heck's a "global" variable? 2004... hm, I sucked at programming. 2005... hm, I sucked at everything. 2006... oh my funking God, I rule ;D!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 12:20:55 pm by cb43569 »
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2006, 03:10:19 am »
  • w00t
I can't find copies right now. But maybe the older members will recall "Where Darkness Resides", my first game, which was basically a Zelda heck'n'slash thing where everything exploded making weirdo combos. Also, Link Ball was made around that time too.

Oh yes, I remember that.  Actually pretty fun, despite its flaws.  I've got it on my hard drive, so here's a link for you (right-click Save As):

http://home.graffiti.net/danthemanms:graffiti.net/WdrLb.zip

For some reason, I've got two versions on my hard drive, so I just put them both in the download.  I think the one with the longer filename is more recent and contains Link Ball as well.

In any case, my first and only game is Link Maze, available from a link in my siggy. 
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 01:09:48 pm »
  • Minalien
Oldest piece I ever made... hrm, I really hate to admit how crappy I was back then XD

Hyrulian Party, a very, VERY suck-ass Zelda-based Mario Party remix attempt XD

It seriously sucked, ask anybody who knew me back on EZBoard days XD
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 04:47:16 pm »
Broken shards was my first attempt at making a program.

I didn't bother to learn how to use arrays or functions until about 20000 lines in.

O.o.

But somehow i was using types and lists lol.

MAYBE lol a TAD .. lol.. ambitious .. LOL!
40 swords, 40 tunics, 40 weapons,items etc, 12 shields, 20 dungeons, wather systems, monster fighting arena, enemy skills, colliseum (fight sephiroth KH style and then get to use Masamune.. Same with cloud and buster, and tingle has an older brother.. scary one was Red Tingle.. must find him in the desert and offer him sucha  challenge - From him you can obtain Ganons trident; Also things like fighting lots of soldiers, speacial weapon or even no weapon/wresting tournaments etc), can collect, buy, sell seeds, and farm, yielding usefull items or just trading stuff, levels and experience points + a bunch of stuff i've forgotten in the past two/three years since i joined this place.
Buy the time i found out zfgc existed, i had 3 dungeons done (and dusted), amounting to 7 hours of difficult/challenging gameplay, and al the weapons, items, etc in.

The programming issues though.. it was far too inefficient, very difficult to add to, and i knew that if i did add to it more it would become worse, slower, larger in size until eventually it would stop working, and so i chucked it, although it took alot of thought as i was worried that in doing that, i might break myself as a programmer.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 05:00:19 pm by aab »

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 04:56:47 pm »
*Drools*

That ... is just bloody awesome for a first game O_O. How long were you programming before you did that?

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 05:01:58 pm »
I got blitz for the month trial, then when i actually bought it, i started this straight away, and it took six months to get as far as i did.
I hadn't done computing at high school..I wasn't really used to browsing the internet yet even.

But to explain the extermity of the code, some code examples fom it:
Code: [Select]
For flora.bush = Each bush
If flora\areabush=area
If atkR>0 And atkR<4 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesCollide(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,frame1,Swordright1,ox,oy,frame1) flora\cut=1     makenewwhat=1 minran=-1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy If Ultimaterandom%>98 minran=7 maxran=7 ;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy  Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0   
If atkR>3 And atkR<9 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesCollide(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,frame1,Swordright2,ox,oy,frame1) flora\cut=1 makenewwhat=1 minran=-1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy If Ultimaterandom%>98 minran=7 maxran=7 ;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
If atkL>0 And atkL<4 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesCollide(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,frame1,Swordleft1,ox,oy,frame1)  flora\cut=1     makenewwhat=1 minran=-1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy If Ultimaterandom%>98 minran=7 maxran=7 ;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy  Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
If atkL>3 And atkL<9 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesCollide(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,frame1,Swordleft2,ox,oy,frame1)  flora\cut=1 makenewwhat=1 minran=-1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy If Ultimaterandom%>98 minran=7 maxran=7 ;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
If atkD>0 And atkD<4 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesCollide(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,frame1,Sworddown1,ox,oy,frame1)  flora\cut=1 makenewwhat=1 minran=-1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy If Ultimaterandom%>98 minran=7 maxran=7 ;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
If atkD>3 And atkD<7 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesCollide(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,frame1,Sworddown2,ox,oy,frame1)  flora\cut=1 makenewwhat=1 minran=-1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy If Ultimaterandom%>98 minran=7 maxran=7 ;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
If atkD>6 And atkD<9 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesCollide(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,frame1,Sworddown3,ox,oy,frame1)  flora\cut=1 makenewwhat=1 minran=-1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy If Ultimaterandom%>98 minran=7 maxran=7 ;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
If atkU>0 And atkU<4 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesCollide(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,frame1,Swordup1,ox,oy,frame1)    flora\cut=1 makenewwhat=1 minran=-1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy If Ultimaterandom%>98 minran=7 maxran=7 ;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
If atkU>3 And atkU<7 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesCollide(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,frame1,Swordup2,ox,oy,frame1)    flora\cut=1 makenewwhat=1 minran=-1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy If Ultimaterandom%>98 minran=7 maxran=7 ;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
If atkU>6 And atkU<9 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesCollide(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,frame1,Swordup3,ox,oy,frame1)    flora\cut=1 makenewwhat=1 minran=-1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy If Ultimaterandom%>98 minran=7 maxran=7 ;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
;For z=0 To 16
If spinatkdur>0 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesCollide(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,frame1,spinblade,ox,oy,zspinfrm)  flora\cut=1 makenewwhat=1 minran=1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy  If Ultimaterandom%>98 minran=7 maxran=7 ;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy  Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
;Next
If flora\cut=0 And hvebomrang=3 And (brangtmr>0 Or brangtmr<0) And ImagesOverlap(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,Brang,brangx#,brangy#) flora\cut=1 makenewwhat=1 minran=1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy ;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy  Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
If firerodtmr>0 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesOverlap(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,flameshot,flamex,flamey) flora\cut=1 setfire=1 onfirex=flora\bushx onfirey=flora\bushy makenewwhat=1 minran=1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy dropseed=7;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy  Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
If icerodtmr>0 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesOverlap(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,iceshot,icex,icey) flora\cut=1 setice=1 onicex=flora\bushx onicey=flora\bushy icerodtmr=0 hide=0 makenewwhat=1 minran=1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy ;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy  Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
If hamrtime>4 And did=1 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesOverlap(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,hamr1U,ox-7,oy-7) flora\cut=1 makenewwhat=1 minran=1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy ;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy  Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
If hamrtime>4 And did=2 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesOverlap(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,hamr3L,ox-16,oy-4) flora\cut=1 makenewwhat=1 minran=1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy ;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy  Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
If hamrtime>4 And did=3 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesOverlap(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,hamr3R,ox+16,oy-4) flora\cut=1 makenewwhat=1 minran=1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy ;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy  Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
If hamrtime>4 And did=4 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesOverlap(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,hamr4D,ox+6,oy+1) flora\cut=1 makenewwhat=1 minran=1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy ;newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy  Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
If uselantern>24 And uselantern<39 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesOverlap(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,onfire3,onlanternx,onlanterny) flora\cut=1 makenewwhat=1 minran=1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy dropseed=7;newwhat=Rand(1,6)
If usehook=1 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesOverlap(potwalk,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,hook,hookx,hooky) If Not ImagesOverlap(potwalk,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,g_zdown, ox, oy)
If oy>flora\bushy-4 And oy<flora\bushy+6    If ox<flora\bushx ox=ox+3 movx=movx-3 hookx=flora\bushx hooky=flora\bushy If ImagesCollide(b_walk,w_x,w_y,frame1,g_zdown, ox, oy,frame2) ox=ox-3 movx=movx+3 usehook=0
If oy>flora\bushy-4 And oy<flora\bushy+6    If ox>flora\bushx ox=ox-3 movx=movx+3 hookx=flora\bushx hooky=flora\bushy If ImagesCollide(b_walk,w_x,w_y,frame1,g_zdown, ox, oy,frame2) ox=ox+3 movx=movx-3 usehook=0
If ox>flora\bushx-6 And ox<flora\bushx+6    If oy<flora\bushy oy=oy+3 movy=movy-3 hookx=flora\bushx hooky=flora\bushy If ImagesCollide(b_walk,w_x,w_y,frame1,g_zdown, ox, oy,frame2) oy=oy-3 movy=movy+3 usehook=0
If ox>flora\bushx-6 And ox<flora\bushx+6    If oy>flora\bushy oy=oy-3 movy=movy+3 hookx=flora\bushx hooky=flora\bushy If ImagesCollide(b_walk,w_x,w_y,frame1,g_zdown, ox, oy,frame2) oy=oy+3 movy=movy-3 usehook=0
EndIf
If usehook=1 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesOverlap(potwalk,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,g_zdown, ox, oy) usehook=0 If did=4 And flora\bushy>oy oy=oy-2 movy=movy+2
If usetounge>0 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesOverlap(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,toungestub,utungx#,utungy#) flora\cut=1 makenewwhat=1 minran=1 maxran=3 newwhatx=flora\bushx newwhaty=flora\bushy If usetounge<30 usetounge=30
If fall>0 And flora\cut=0 And ImagesOverlap(abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,g_zdown,ox,oy) flora\cut=1
EndIf
Next
For flora.bush = Each bush
If flora\areabush=area
If flora\cut=0
DrawImage potwalk,flora\bushx,flora\bushy
DrawImage abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy
If xplode>25 And xplode<31 And ImagesOverlap (abush,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,boom6,bombx,bomby) flora\cut=1     newwhat=Rand(1,6) If newwhat=1 And arupee=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=1 And arupee=0 arupee=1 newrupee=1 rupeex=flora\bushx rupeey=flora\bushy ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=1 newwhat=Rand(1,4) ElseIf newwhat=4 And newheart=0 newheart=1 newheartx=flora\bushx newhearty=flora\bushy  Else If newhat=2 Or newwhat=3 Or newwhat>4 newwhat=0
EndIf
If flora\cut=1
If menumov=0 If Not ImagesCollide(potwalk,flora\bushx,flora\bushy,frame1,g_zdown, ox, oy,frame1) And flora\cuttmr>900 flora\cuttmr=flora\cuttmr+1
If flora\cuttmr=1 PlaySound(bushdestroy_sound)
If flora\cuttmr>0 And flora\cuttmr<6   DrawImage zbushcut1,flora\bushx,flora\bushy
If flora\cuttmr>5 And flora\cuttmr<11  DrawImage zbushcut2,flora\bushx,flora\bushy
If flora\cuttmr>10 And flora\cuttmr<16 DrawImage zbushcut3,flora\bushx,flora\bushy
If flora\cuttmr>15 And flora\cuttmr<21 DrawImage zbushcut4,flora\bushx,flora\bushy
If flora\cuttmr>20 And flora\cuttmr<26 DrawImage zbushcut5,flora\bushx,flora\bushy
If flora\cuttmr>25 And flora\cuttmr<31 DrawImage zbushcut6,flora\bushx,flora\bushy
If flora\cuttmr>30 And flora\cuttmr<36 DrawImage zbushcut7,flora\bushx,flora\bushy
If flora\cuttmr>35 And flora\cuttmr<41 DrawImage zbushcut8,flora\bushx,flora\bushy
If flora\cuttmr>900+100*(season-1)*(season-1)*(season-1) And flora\cuttmr<911+100*(season-1)*(season-1)*(season-1) DrawImage bushgrow1,flora\bushx,flora\bushy
If flora\cuttmr>910+100*(season-1)*(season-1)*(season-1) And flora\cuttmr<921+100*(season-1)*(season-1)*(season-1) DrawImage bushgrow2,flora\bushx,flora\bushy
If flora\cuttmr>920+100*(season-1)*(season-1)*(season-1) And flora\cuttmr<931+100*(season-1)*(season-1)*(season-1) DrawImage bushgrow3,flora\bushx,flora\bushy
If flora\cuttmr>930+100*(season-1)*(season-1)*(season-1) And flora\cuttmr<941+100*(season-1)*(season-1)*(season-1) DrawImage bushgrow4,flora\bushx,flora\bushy
If flora\cuttmr>940+100*(season-1)*(season-1)*(season-1) flora\cut=0 flora\cuttmr=0
EndIf
EndIf
If Not flora\areabush=area Delete flora.bush
Next
In case you havent guessed already, that, was the code, for one of these:

Nowadays such an object would merely be declared belonging to some very general object group, but with specific values, not even having code of its own to require it to run.
Something like: Name Bush, image Bush.PNG, HasDeathAnimation True, DeathImage BushSmash.PNG etc, (of course).

I ♥ Sol
  • MySpace
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 05:05:04 pm »
Yeh, nasty code. But it still looks awesome :D, I would love to see a old build of that running *Hint* *Hint*.
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2006, 10:22:43 pm »
  • The Broken King
I'm with helios on that one. Is it uploaded anywhere? =D
  • Broken Kings [Temp Site]
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2006, 10:54:07 pm »
  • w00t
Oldest piece I ever made... hrm, I really hate to admit how crappy I was back then XD

Hyrulian Party, a very, VERY suck-ass Zelda-based Mario Party remix attempt XD

It seriously sucked, ask anybody who knew me back on EZBoard days XD

Hehe, I've still got that on my HDD for some reason.  It had some issues, yes, but it wasn't all that bad for a first attempt.  True, you could roll the die an unlimited number of times, but it was still all right.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2006, 01:05:50 am »
  • Lionfish App dev
The oldest thing I ever made in GM was called Master Knight. You were an MS paint knight and you moved around a field full of fire (along with about 7 othr styled levels) trying to catch a bird that would reappear at a random spot when you grabbed it. Like snake, but you didn't get longer. Unfortunately it was on my cousins computer which got reformatted a couple years ago. :( I made lots of games between then and the next oldest game I have, but this one I saved to a disc which I still have. It was called Kirby Rebound (or earlier Kirby Block Ball) if you remember it. It was like Breakout, but you were Kirby and there was gravity. It was actually really cool. You could get rock power by hitting a Rocky (Rock Power let you break metal bricks and slam through normal bricks like butter, but it increased your mass and therefore gravity) and there was one boss fight (Whispy Woods. He dropped apples out of his branches which you had to bounce into his nose to hurt him, all while keeping Kirby bouncing). And here it is!

http://www.ihud.com/file.php?file=files/091106/1163034294/kirby2.exe
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2006, 12:55:31 pm »
  • [sic]
Dude, that game was/is awesome! The only problem was that you couldn't use both arrow keys at once.
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2006, 01:03:13 pm »
Kirby's Rebound ;D! I remember when that was brand new, that game was awesome :P!
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2006, 01:08:36 pm »
Hmm... I think my oldest dates back to the Q-Basic days. I believe the first full program I made in that was an MSPaint duplicate that had very limited functionality until I managed to get a mouse driver that worked with DOS.

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2006, 05:14:00 pm »
Its sixty+ MB, and thats after i ('d have to) spend hours trimming out the gunk.  :P

I ♥ Sol
  • MySpace
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2006, 06:23:47 pm »
Its sixty+ MB, and thats after i ('d have to) spend hours trimming out the gunk.  :P
Who cares :P, upload it!

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2006, 08:21:12 pm »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
The first game i made was in GM and it was a Drag and dropped Breakout clone >_> i hadn't even figured out how to get the sprite to follow the mouse so you had to use the left and right arrows <_< but that was over three years ago and i'm currently working on learning C# and i've switched from DX to Irrlicht (cause i'm to lazy to write my own rendering engine :D) i'm also working on a game in GM using only scripts. I've made an Entity Editor so that i can make simpler use of the Mappy scripts.

I don't have the GMD for my original game or a screen >_> <_<. I have also started to work on a project that i had abandoned at one point.

EDIT:
Grammer Edit >_>
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 08:25:38 pm by Antidote »
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 73 queries.