Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Which Ocarina of Time 2D is best?

Knightmare's Ocarina of Time GB
- 37 (28.7%)
ZServ's Ocarina of Time MC
- 3 (2.3%)
MaJoRa's Ocarina of Time 2D
- 4 (3.1%)
ClearGlowProductions' Ocarina of Time 2D
- 0 (0%)
Daz123's Ocarina of Time 2D+
- 3 (2.3%)
Whyz & joker14's Ocarina of Time 2D++
- 5 (3.9%)
Dampe's Ocarina of Time 2D
- 13 (10.1%)
xdragonsb Ocarina Remix
- 2 (1.6%)
Jelleye's Ocarina of Time 2D Community Project
- 4 (3.1%)
Hyrule_Boy's Ocarina of Time GB
- 11 (8.5%)
TheRealMethuselah's Ocarina of Time 2D
- 39 (30.2%)
Invincibull's Ocarina of Time Advance
- 8 (6.2%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A History of OoT2Ds. Whose is the best?  (Read 41080 times)

Re: A History of OoT2Ds. Whose is the best?
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2006, 11:29:38 am »
  • Credits to BaB
@Alex_xela: I released an demo but not public ;)

Exactly, no demo released.
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2006, 02:38:51 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Thus no demo. How can you realease a demo, but not to the public... its like making a new invention and when being asked if you made it. "I made it, I just never gave it to anyone."
Why don't you realease it? Sorry... just seems pointless to me.
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2006, 02:44:16 pm »
Thus no demo. How can you realease a demo, but not to the public... its like making a new invention and when being asked if you made it. "I made it, I just never gave it to anyone."
Why don't you realease it? Sorry... just seems pointless to me.
lol you don't get it. I released that demo to team members so thats not public.
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2006, 06:50:27 pm »
Hyrule boy, i know this may seem annoying hearing this from me again but... i still think you and knightmare should team up, lol. It just seems weird since your both creating the same gmae, SEPERATELY lol ::)
the more the merrier
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2006, 07:03:43 pm »
Why is it weird huh? If you look how many people are making OOT2D in alttp style.
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2006, 07:13:34 pm »
Why is it weird huh? If you look how many people are making OOT2D in alttp style.
I indeed think that that is weird too. They all should combine their efforts i say!
(and just for the record, im willing to sprite for anyone if they want, but i cant code lol)
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2006, 07:16:20 pm »
I indeed think that that is weird too. They all should combine their efforts i say!
(and just for the record, im willing to sprite for anyone if they want, but i cant code lol)
Keep in mind that from 20 OOT2D's only 3 or something will survive!
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2006, 08:01:21 pm »
  • =/
Even if I thought of combining efforts I wouldn't. People make Oot 2d to try and make the game. I try to make the game AND keep the loading times reasonable. Plus I hard code so its hard to combine with people who have lazy and glitchy games.
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2006, 08:07:47 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
Even if I thought of combining efforts I wouldn't. People make Oot 2d to try and make the game. I try to make the game AND keep the loading times reasonable. Plus I hard code so its hard to combine with people who have lazy and glitchy games.

Face the truth, every commercial game you'll ever see was made by more than 1 person, it's a fact, live with it. The only Indie game I have seen completed and that has more than 10 hours of gameplay is Ark 22, made by Srehpog. But he really worked hard on it, which can be seen on the paper work he composed before producing the game.
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2006, 08:09:43 pm »
  • =/

Face the truth, every commercial game you'll ever see was made by more than 1 person, it's a fact, live with it. The only Indie game I have seen completed and that has more than 10 hours of gameplay is Ark 22, made by Srehpog. But he really worked hard on it, which can be seen on the paper work he composed before producing the game.
I'm not alone. I'm part of lopsided productions a team of 3. 2 coders, 1 mapper and spriter. Plus I have hundreds of friends who can donate time and effert if I need them.
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2006, 08:13:07 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
I wasn't talking about your project, no I didn't mean that, I was talking generally, overall a team works better than a standalone project. See even your project has a team! Coming back to OoT and its remakes, you have to know that OoT is a huge game, remaking it takes a very very long time. TRM has been working on it for more than 3 years now. That's why Hyrule_Boy and Knightmare should work together, having a competition of only 2 games seems ridiculous along with the fact that Knightmare is way further than Hyrule_boy.

I'm not saying H_B should stop, but he might want to reconsider team work...
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2006, 08:19:34 pm »
  • =/
I wasn't talking about your project, no I didn't mean that, I was talking generally, overall a team works better than a standalone project. See even your project has a team! Coming back to OoT and its remakes, you have to know that OoT is a huge game, remaking it takes a very very long time. TRM has been working on it for more than 3 years now. That's why Hyrule_Boy and Knightmare should work together, having a competition of only 2 games seems ridiculous along with the fact that Knightmare is way further than Hyrule_boy.

I'm not saying H_B should stop, but he might want to reconsider team work...
Whos to say they can trust another though. Maybe one will betray the other and finish the game them selves. Thats why I don't help with the Oot 2d Cp.
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2006, 08:23:16 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
Well that's the risk you are willing to take when you make something open-sourced, well it's not a risk since you are willing to give your code for free and let anyone use it. I really think that's the best way of working on a game, imagine someone stops by takes a look at the code, improves it, posts his improvement, and bang the game goes on.
« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2006, 08:39:13 pm »
That's why Hyrule_Boy and Knightmare should work together, having a competition of only 2 games seems ridiculous along with the fact that Knightmare is way further than Hyrule_boy.

You forget that Knightmare workes for quit some time now on his OOT-GB! And that I only worked on my OOT-GB for 15 days and that I did Kokiri Forest 75% and Lost Woods 20%.
« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2006, 08:44:18 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
Another reason for you guys to work together! Really, you map and program really well, just like Knightmare, if you work together the game will progress in no time!
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2006, 08:47:52 pm »
That won't happen.
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2006, 09:57:10 pm »
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2006, 06:17:43 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
That won't happen.
100% sure? I mean there is all possibility for that happen.
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2006, 08:03:03 am »
That won't happen.
100% sure? I mean there is all possibility for that happen.

I don't see a reason at all to do it.
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2006, 09:28:19 am »
  • Credits to BaB
Well I got one, you're still searching for underwater tiles, whereas Knightmare is probably tiling Hyrule Field already, it's a matter of gaining time.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.397 seconds with 81 queries.

anything