Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opera Support PWEEZE!  (Read 3546 times)

Opera Support PWEEZE!
« on: October 19, 2006, 11:05:04 am »
  • Oh.
The popular browser Opera (With the custom themes) switches the position of the most recent topic and the first topic in the page.  Its really weird to navigate.  And I hate the regular white theme thing.  Fix it peoples.  Fix
Hm.
Re: Opera Support PWEEZE!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 12:22:58 pm »
Not quite sure what you mean, could you elaborate? It sounds more like a configuration error.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 07:14:00 pm »
  • Oh.
First post is on the bottem, the second post is on the top, and it goes up from there, and the first post is always on the bottem, very annoying..  Everything is upside down kinda.  First post on bottem, than it goes up.  I hate it >:(

Anything to fix it is nice :)
Hm.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 07:28:45 pm »
  • [sic]
Go here and make sure "Show most recent posts at the top." is unticked. ^_^ (If it is, try ticking it, maybe Opera will reverse the reverse :P )
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 09:47:33 pm »
  • Oh.
Errrm.  Weird thing- It just started displaying normally.  Whatever did it, yip skip.  If it goes back for the same reason ill  try the solution Kame told me. 

Edit:  Went back to the weirdness, tried Kame's idea, and than everything was still screwed up, banner at bottem in wrong spot still, but its in the correct order.  Its fine tho
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 11:08:03 am by Downsider »
Hm.

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 01:53:00 pm »
Yeah... Opera and this forum just don't seem to get along well. I'm fine on every other forum on the internet, but for some reason I have problems galore here.

And before you ask, NO, there is NOTHING wrong with my settings. I've checked a few hundred times, and even changed some things I knew I shouldn't have to change, which only made things worse. </disclaimer>

Anyway on ZFGC, I haven't seen Downsider's problem though it could be true and I just never noticed... but my main problem is topics render upside down for some bizarre reason. The first post will be on the bottom, the last on the top. Now I know this sounds like a config error but it isn't. It almost seems like Opera itself is rearranging the page for some bizarre ass reason. I get the most recent post, then all the buttons that should appear at the bottom of the page, then the next most recent post, and it goes in reverse order. I've gotten used to it, but still, what the hell?
  • cpprograms
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 03:47:46 pm »
  • Oh.
Mr I had the same problem as you
You just said it all cool like
 :ganon:
Try to do the thing Kame said.  Its better than completly reversed!
Hm.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 08:35:55 pm »
You should consider taking a screen shot so we can see whats happening (helps a bit more)

Most browsers today have buttons or areas you can go to submit sites that don't correctly work with the browser. Its not always us, its the fact they don't use 'standards' correctly. You'll notice everything at the bottom of the page (atleast on my layout the darkblue one) is registered with all of the W3 standards).

If you give us a visual we can tweak some stuff (or try to) to make it work correctly. Its most likely per theme as well that is setting it off. I myself don't use Opera and I don't plan on using it anytime soon. Maybe I'll install it to see if I have the same issues though.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 01:56:31 am »
I have tried kame's idea already, actually. It really annoyed me the way it laid the forum out.

As for a screenie, hang on...

* elevator music *

DADA! (See attachment)

(attachment not visible on the blue theme for some odd ass reason, someone else if  you get the chance post the link to my file? :P)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 02:36:30 am by cpprograms »
  • cpprograms

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 08:31:12 am »
  • hungry..
http://forum.zfgc.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9615.0;attach=1121;image

Weird O.o

Are you sure you havent got "Show most recent posts at the top." checked in Look and Layout Preferences?
  • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 12:21:00 pm »
I fixed it, but noone cares probably >_>

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 12:51:59 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
Some browser tend to do things like that, I know that IE makes this big white block in the middle of ArkEquinox and for my old bands site it would just show the navi bar, but with the new IE it's been working fine. Opera will probably have it fixed the next time around.
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 10:18:12 pm »

Weird O.o

Are you sure you havent got "Show most recent posts at the top." checked in Look and Layout Preferences?

GRAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already answered that five times, in my initial post!

I'm sorry but I get annoyed with that

Windy, thanks a ton, it may not seem like much to you but it makes me very very happy. Thanks man :)

Opera is notorious for sticking to standards closely, almost perfectly, so I suppose it could be a flaw, but I'm thinking it was a forum issue, especially since windy fixed it :P

In conclusion, chris is now happy and will have an easier time reading zfgc.
  • cpprograms

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 01:16:08 pm »
The popular browser Opera (With the custom themes) (...)
On a final note... you seem to use it especially for the custom themes. I hope you're aware that Firefox supports custom skins, too! Look at Mozilla.org to find some skins, google, visit deviantART and many other sites, you'll definetly get what you're looking for. :)

... just thought I'd throw that in...
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 07:36:29 pm »
  • Oh.

I fixed it, but noone cares probably >_>
Thanks Windy.
Your the best, I do care a lot, k?
Hm.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 12:19:38 am »
  • hungry..

Weird O.o

GRAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already answered that five times, in my initial post!

I'm sorry but I get annoyed with that

Windy, thanks a ton, it may not seem like much to you but it makes me very very happy. Thanks man :)

Opera is notorious for sticking to standards closely, almost perfectly, so I suppose it could be a flaw, but I'm thinking it was a forum issue, especially since windy fixed it :P

In conclusion, chris is now happy and will have an easier time reading zfgc.
I didnt read the initial post. lol.
  • My Blog

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 10:33:44 am »
The popular browser Opera (With the custom themes) (...)
On a final note... you seem to use it especially for the custom themes. I hope you're aware that Firefox supports custom skins, too! Look at Mozilla.org to find some skins, google, visit deviantART and many other sites, you'll definetly get what you're looking for. :)

... just thought I'd throw that in...

No, I don't think that's why he mentioned it. Custom themes could affect the site because some of them let you alter a few things on web pages, mostly colors. Opera's just cool like that.

It has lots of other features and stuff you don't see with firefox. I keep firefox around because I still like it but I mostly use Opera at this point. I used to be a constant Firefox user, but I switched based on how it works. I like how tabbing is set up here better, and also it takes much less time to start up. It saves your tabs when you quit and restart, and all sorts of other random features.

So yeah... I have no idea why I made that post in all honesty, but I had to say that stuff for some reason I guess.
  • cpprograms
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.485 seconds with 71 queries.