Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Game Gear Nano  (Read 4093 times)

Game Gear Nano
« on: April 16, 2006, 10:46:14 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Me, my brother, and my friend are redesigning the Sega Game Gear. We've got the case open and have about half the stuff removed from it (the thing's backlight is a florescent lightbulb tube! No wonder it uses so many batteries!). Now we're down to just about the Motherboard and we're wondering what stuff we could remove from it to make it smaller without ruining it. If you have any links, or if you know how to get the Motherboard out of the case, we'd really appreciate it. The GGnano will live!
  • Lionfish Apps

cpprograms

Banned
Re: Game Gear Nano
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 01:01:31 am »
Sorry I can't help you at all. Sounds like a cool project though, I'm interested to see the results.
  • cpprograms

Drew

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 01:23:58 am »
I have a GamerGear... that's hardcore dude, I'm cracking mine open XD

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 01:27:42 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
Wow, you really are bored arnt ya? XD good luck with the project, i'll keep my eyes out for any way of helping you all
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-

Drew

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 01:36:11 am »
You can watch TV on it... there was a thing you could use to make it tune into stations.. make that XD

cpprograms

Banned
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 04:21:51 am »
I remember that thing... wanted one for the longest time... 100 bucks tho :x I had a dream once I got one somehow and somehow I still remember that XD

Yeah, there's also something for the gba that does tv... I've been meaning to check that out but keep forgetting >_>

Yeah don't really have anything else to add so I'm gonna shut up now :P
  • cpprograms

shadow_caliber

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 05:38:12 am »
Heh I love doing stuff like this with my computers etc.. anything I can find around the house. Good luck!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 12:32:44 am »
  • Its the joeshmo!
We got it completely out of its case. It doesnt look very removable, no motherboards or anything.
Heres what we can do:
Thinner case
New designed case, we cant move the buttons though
Only 2 batteries
Longer lifetime
LED backlights

Thats all I can think of right now. I would take pictures but I dont have a camera right now.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets

Drew

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 12:54:30 am »
Well get one and show me soon, I'd like to try and do it myself sometime ;)
By the way I had my button jammed and sort of busted years ago (still usable, but sticky sort of)... is there any wayI could take it apart and fix that?

gm112

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 06:47:49 am »
well...just by a small board. it's not the expensive at radio shack. If you don't have a frimware burner get one, and....good luck i'd like to see this live
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 05:05:05 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!
By the way I had my button jammed and sort of busted years ago (still usable, but sticky sort of)... is there any wayI could take it apart and fix that?

Open the case and clean out the for the Button contacts and the rubber pads. Unless you have a special screwdriver you will have to take out all the screws but one, the special bit, and then break it open. You can still put it back together again. Just put in the old screws.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets

Pyru

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 05:30:06 pm »

Open the case and clean out the for the Button contacts and the rubber pads. Unless you have a special screwdriver you will have to take out all the screws but one, the special bit, and then break it open. You can still put it back together again. Just put in the old screws.

A trick I heard- can't confirm it's reliability- for odd screw sockets is to get a thin plastic tube- the end of a biro tube will do- and hold it over a flame until it softens slightly. Then, quickly, push it hard down onto the screw so it moulds to the shape. Leave it to cool, then turn and remove the screw. Voila.
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 07:12:40 pm »
  • odens knop

A trick I heard- can't confirm it's reliability- for odd screw sockets is to get a thin plastic tube- the end of a biro tube will do- and hold it over a flame until it softens slightly. Then, quickly, push it hard down onto the screw so it moulds to the shape. Leave it to cool, then turn and remove the screw. Voila.

Sounds like something I wanna try. Thanx!  :)
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|

tippz

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 07:13:35 pm »
The best thing is those bic crystal pens (the hard clear ones). I have tried that and it works great.

Drew

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 09:07:00 pm »
I couldn't seem to unscrew them... they might be stripped <_<
I DID manage to get my own little video game on there though:

XD
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 09:28:29 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!
I couldn't seem to unscrew them... they might be stripped <_<
I DID manage to get my own little video game on there though:

XD

They are REALLY hard to unscrew. Took me about 2 hours.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets

Ben

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 09:30:15 pm »
Electronics really interests me, it's something I'd love to get into, but I wouldn't know how. And plus I don't have a soldering iron, but i'd still love to have a go at minty mp3.

Do some soldering practise first.
Want a place to upload your sprites and games for FREE? Look no further than GameDevotion

Limey

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 09:31:03 pm »
When I took apart my old broken ipod, it had wierd screws in it... I used pliers to unscrew them though XD

Ben

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2006, 09:36:41 pm »
Security screws are a !@#$%, and everything nintendo uses them, and even though my dad is a builder I still can't find any screwdrivers that even look like them.
Want a place to upload your sprites and games for FREE? Look no further than GameDevotion

Drew

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2006, 09:38:51 pm »
Electronics really interests me, it's something I'd love to get into, but I wouldn't know how. And plus I don't have a soldering iron, but i'd still love to have a go at minty mp3.

Do some soldering practise first.

Wouldn't know how? See way back when I would operate on like Nano's and all those miniature pets... I got 2 of the same thing and took them apart and switched the parts all around and see if it worked, and changed the backgrounds (Since they're just cardboard)... fun stuff :P
You just screw around, trust me you have nothing to lose if you're careful... once way back when I took apart my Pichachu 2 thing and the shaker fell right off XD
I ended up figuring out how to fix it... just be careful with them and you'll be fine, because I don't know anything about them  ;)

BTW 2 hrs... wow maybe I will do it whe I have some spare time then lol
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 77 queries.