Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Red & Blue Themes  (Read 5883 times)

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
Re: Red & Blue Themes
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 02:52:20 am »
  • The Mike
Those are just terrible! First off, have Moldorma make the Goron Theme background icon. He made the old one. Oh, and he made the one for the green theme! Also, what happened to the old Zora Theme? It was much better. Use the old Zora Theme and actually MAKE a Goron Theme. New logo and everything. Then I will be happy.
The only thing I can think of to get the old Zora Theme is to look through the files, see if anyone has it saved, or try to get it through Archive.org but that method probably won't work.

EDIT: I'm thinking that the lighter coloured themes like the Kokiri Theme should have "Lite" or "Light" in them because the actual Kokiri colour is not light green and the Zora's isn't light blue and the Goron's isn't light red.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 02:54:01 am by Hammer Bro. Mike »

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2007, 03:00:02 am »
Quality seems to be alot lower then that of the green theme. Sorry....maybe try not just doing a recolor.
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2007, 03:01:38 am »
  • Minalien
Alright, I'm getting sick of this not giving reasons or specifics crap. WHY do you think it's lower quality? Try stating that so perhaps it can be fixed rather than just saying that you think it's lower quality.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2007, 03:06:18 am »
  • :D
For the red-- the blends of colors aren't as good-- the light pink doesn't go as well with the dark red... I would recommend brightening the red a bit, also desaturating a bit.  Also, no offense, but the symbol is pretty horrible, not to mention VERY jagged looking, it needs some AA'ing (also wrong color). 

Some things "just don't look right" because the a lot of things need more than just a basic recolor to fit together-- there needs to be a balance.
* Limey is going to try the blue now.

EDIT:  Again, same problems.  The contrast between the greyish light color in the text areas to the blue in the exterior areas just doesn't feel right.  I don't like the particular shade of blue you chose; brightening and desaturating again would help... Or making the center area a more blue-ish color.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 03:08:24 am by Limey »

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2007, 03:08:13 am »
  • The Mike
I think these new themes look fine I have a bright monitor and I have it on full brightness. They both look fine to me. It's a new theme, it may have a few problems but they can be fixed and worked for the best. A lot of people really seem fussy on theme colours for the site, it's really weird.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2007, 03:36:51 am »
Alright, I'm getting sick of this not giving reasons or specifics crap. WHY do you think it's lower quality? Try stating that so perhaps it can be fixed rather than just saying that you think it's lower quality.

sorry dude....maybe its the color contrasts. It just doesn't flow as well.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2007, 04:29:07 am »
  • Silly cat!
For the red-- the blends of colors aren't as good-- the light pink doesn't go as well with the dark red... I would recommend brightening the red a bit, also desaturating a bit.  Also, no offense, but the symbol is pretty horrible, not to mention VERY jagged looking, it needs some AA'ing (also wrong color). 
Second.

Also, I might make my own banners for both themes later if Hammer Bro Mike hasn't already done so.

Hoffy.
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2007, 04:33:36 am »
  • Minalien
We could make it a public poll on banners to use...

As for the goron background, I know it sucks, I made it, I suck at graphics, it happens, it was a placeholder 'cause I didn't want to have to use the Hylian seal. If anybody's got something better then by all means, let us see it so we can swap it <_<
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2007, 07:29:35 am »
  • Ancient Admin / Gaurdian
Everyone,

These themes were uploaded prematurely because of a misunderstanding. They are far from complete as it is part of a new dev team project. The final version will be up next week. No updates until then. But contributions are welcome :)
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2007, 02:13:10 pm »
Those are just terrible! First off, have Moldorma make the Goron Theme background icon. He made the old one. Oh, and he made the one for the green theme! Also, what happened to the old Zora Theme? It was much better. Use the old Zora Theme and actually MAKE a Goron Theme. New logo and everything. Then I will be happy.
Also, do you think I CARE about making YOU happy? The general populace of ZFGC seems to be good with them (that have posted, at least), so why should I care what ONE person, who doesn't even say WHY he dislikes them other than mentioning the fact that his brother did some things to help with the old Zora theme, dislikes them? My suggestion is that if you're not going to say WHY you dislike WHAT parts, then I'm just going to continue to ignore you.

Don't get so defensive over it. :P

I will say why I don't like them right now. The purple on the Zora Theme is too bright on my monitor (mac). The background of the Goron Theme is very pixely, which is why I suggested Moldorma make it with proof that he could, his old works that helped the other themes. Also I would just prefer the old Zora Theme over any other current theme, and it's gone, replaced with a worse one. The colors on both new themes are far too vibrant. I loved how you guys made a new logo for the Zora Theme. If you refuse to bring back the old Zora Theme I suggest making a new logo for the new Zora Theme. Also make a new logo for the Goron Theme.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2007, 02:28:46 pm »
  • The Mike
I would like to see the old Zora Theme. I miss that banner I made. Anyway, so I'm just about done with a Zora Banner for this Zora Theme and I'll make a Goron banner right after.

• Zelda Eternity

luigi

MoFD
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2007, 02:43:00 pm »
I think The Goron theme is good. The only thing that bugs me a little bit is the background, and the colours in the topics.

For the Background: Maybe try making the image more smooth and not as sketchy, I can't really describe what I'm trying to say but it looks kind of sharp.

For the colours in the topics: Change the colour of the red by making it slightly darker so it fits in a bit more. And for the pink, darken that to about where the red was. Or if you want it lighter, brighten the background.

Those were some things I could think of for you.  :D
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

MK Wii: 2750 1625 1262
Brawl: 3523-1727-8440

Gamertag: cyborgwhale
  • Cyborg Whale's Twitter

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2007, 02:44:11 pm »
  • The Mike
Well, I finished this Zora Theme banner. I think I could've done better but here it is:

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2007, 02:52:13 pm »

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2007, 02:57:48 pm »
  • The Mike
That's a nice theme. Even though I didn't click it, I looked over to my brother luigi's computer and he clicked it. He got "muahahahaha"ed!

EDIT: Anyway...so are there are comments on this banner I just made?

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2007, 06:51:13 pm »
  • Minalien
Yes yes, we know you're better at design than I am, I still like my blue theme more though, Windy <_<

Anyways, I like it, HBM, thanks, we'll probably include it when we re-release the themes (as Kirby said, they were released a little early *cough*), but for now, no more updates to them are being put out for a little bit.

• Development Blog

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2007, 06:57:27 pm »
  • The Mike
I'd love to see it up though. Anyway, I guess I'll get onto the Goron banner sometime today.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2007, 07:41:25 pm »
  • Ancient Admin / Gaurdian
As I'm heading up the project please PM me any suggestions or contributions. I don't want them to be posted in this topic and get lost.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2007, 08:24:35 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Oooooh. Never noticed the Royal Blue theme. I love it!

Also, yeah I loved the old Dark Blue theme as well.

Whats funny is I have it ;)
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2007, 08:53:46 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Windy, that Royal Blue theme is the !@#$%. I'm so using it right nao.

Hoffy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.269 seconds with 78 queries.

anything