Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The banana link...  (Read 8581 times)

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
Re: The banana link...
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2006, 07:39:18 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
I find it weird that people with aannoying sigs, who obviously have themw ith every post don't get the same problems.. its not that different.
Good point, and to hbrandinewm, can't you turn off emotes too? There should be a feature to turn off just the animated ones.

yes you can so if you want turn it off.

and besides with sigs they're are limits, you can only post a certain amount of characters and it has to be approprite. so there's rules behind that but anyways this isn't about signatures BENITO, it's about the banana link.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 07:41:27 pm by hbrandinewm »
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree

gm112

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2006, 07:40:53 pm »
I find it weird that people with aannoying sigs, who obviously have themw ith every post don't get the same problems.. its not that different.
Good point, and to hbrandinewm, can't you turn off emotes too? There should be a feature to turn off just the animated ones.
Well it would be unfair for someone to turn off emotions due to the fact that a certain member misused them, no?

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2006, 09:41:33 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
Well it would be unfair for someone to turn off emotions due to the fact that a certain member misused them, no?

What he means is that if you go to My Controls > Look and Layout Preferences you have the option of turning off Emoticons all together or switch to another set.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2006, 09:42:54 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon

What he means is that if you go to My Controls > Look and Layout Preferences you have the option of turning off Emoticons all together or switch to another set.

yeah but still wouldn't the banana one be on still and like gm said we shouldn't have to disable them just because of some annoyance....
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2006, 09:54:30 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
or you could just shut up and not make such a deal about it.

Sorry for my non-parliamentary language by the way.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2006, 10:02:43 pm »
  • :'O
The fact is the forum is being corrupted (maybe to big of a word) by this stupid  :jellytime: see doesn't it !@#$%
you off when people use it  :jellytime:  :jellytime: yes it's very annoying I hate smilies but I can stand people using them but this  :jellytime:
it is just too much

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2006, 10:11:44 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon

Or you could stop spamming maybe? So ST*U

The fact is the forum is being corrupted (maybe to big of a word) by this stupid  :jellytime: see doesn't it !@#$%
you off when people use it  :jellytime:  :jellytime: yes it's very annoying I hate smilies but I can stand people using them but this  :jellytime:
it is just too much

I like the smiley and have even used it myself, but it's just the constant use of it in random situations....

EDIT: @ Oni glad you like the image =P and sry to the staff if I got angry but hey he seriously needs to shut up before he goes and tells someone else to.
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2006, 10:15:39 pm »
Both of you, stop the hot-tempered language.  I think that the Banana Link emoticon is stupid though.

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2006, 10:18:21 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
Both of you, stop the hot-tempered language.  I think that the Banana Link emoticon is stupid though.

no problem, I'm not even complaining about it being removed, its the random usage that bugs me, it's just sorta dumb fighting over it.
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2006, 10:27:55 pm »
  • :'O

no problem, I'm not even complaining about it being removed, its the random usage that bugs me, it's just sorta dumb fighting over it.
Well thats true I mean you can't tell someone they can't use it I mean it is dumb fighting over it but if it's pissing people off then
STOP USING ID link or else you are removed from my Majoras Mask staff and if you use it once I want anybody on ZFGC to tell me he did and
I will remove him
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2006, 10:36:37 pm »
  • Fear my Blades
:-\

Of course the emoticons are stupid, thats the whole point isn't it?  So dumb they're funny.  They've just been over used to the point that they aren't funny any more.  I don't even think the problem is the emoticons at all.  If people want to over use them than what ever, those people are annoying, leave it at that.  Tell them if you must but quite a lot of other people don't care about it, and quite honestly, I find the complaining more annoying.  I don't think the animation has caused nearly as much problems as peoples complaining about it has.

It reminds me of prohibition, when alchohol was banned, it caused more crime than it stopped.  Same with people complaining about violent video games today, places are starting to ban them, and thats only making more people upset.... The responsibility lies with individuals to be intelligent about how things are used whether it's alchohol, giving children violent games, or stupid emoticons.  Complaining about it only upsets more people.

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2006, 11:59:30 pm »
^
|
|
|Listen to him.
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2006, 03:39:20 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Theres no point in it, when is it ever rightfully used properly?
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2006, 09:57:12 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!

I know I've been guilty of some spam, but that is not relevant to the issue at hand. I did not spam in this topic.

n__n
My name is Pitt

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2006, 03:07:08 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon

I know I've been guilty of some spam, but that is not relevant to the issue at hand. I did not spam in this topic.

n__n

yes you did you posted some image that wasn't needed, so then you edited your post....anyways I'm done fighting it was fun in all but yeah it's done.
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2006, 12:54:40 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
Well... whatever. I think this topic should be closed, it's just turning into flamming... >__>

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2006, 12:58:22 am »
  • hungry..
Well... whatever. I think this topic should be closed, it's just turning into flamming... >__>
If those are your beliefs, all you have to do is hit the REPORT button rather than posting.
  • My Blog
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2006, 12:59:52 am »
  • Issac_Amisov
If those are your beliefs, all you have to do is hit the REPORT button rather than posting.
I did report it... >__> I was just telling people why I think it should be closed.
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2006, 02:09:34 am »
This topic is hereby locked.  Everything that can be said has been said, so the repetition of ideas is not really going to help out anybody.  I find it sad when people use petty insults to try to make people agree with them.  In my opinion, that is a very wrong thing to do.  If any other moderator or administrator feels this topic should be unlocked, feel free to unlock it. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 75 queries.