Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: To all Californians...vote NO on prop 8!  (Read 34406 times)

DJvenom

super-sage
Re: To all Californians...vote NO on prop 8!
« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2008, 09:04:55 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
It's just gonna double the divorce rate in California. Also, people keep repeating what I meant to say. It's a piece of mother-!@#$% paper.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2008, 09:06:12 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
It's just gonna double the divorce rate in California. Also, people keep repeating what I meant to say. It's a piece of mother-!@#$% paper.

Exactly, but it's a very useful piece of mother-!@#$% paper.
« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2008, 09:07:47 pm »

So is a birth certificate.
So is a passport.
So is a lot of things.

Doesn't mean they're not important or necessary.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2008, 09:11:24 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
I'm gonna stop arguing... Obviously im gonna get shot down on every one of my arguments so !@#$% it. Thank god you dont live in CA tho :) my 1 votes beats your 0 votes 1-0.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2008, 09:15:56 pm »
I'm gonna stop arguing... Obviously im gonna get shot down on every one of my arguments so !@#$% it. Thank god you dont live in CA tho :) my 1 votes beats your 0 votes 1-0.

That's the whole point of a debate. Both sides give evidence as to why they believe what they do. It's not like there's supposed to be some big conclusion at the end where everyone agrees on one thing.
« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2008, 09:17:33 pm »
You were trying to say it was wrong because it was insignificant which isn't a sufficient case for it being wrong.  If you did not think it really mattered, the concept of marriage in itself, then why should you be so defensive over it or take offense when others see it differently.  After all, according to you, it is just a piece of paper.  

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2008, 09:20:30 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
You were trying to say it was wrong because it was insignificant which isn't a sufficient case for it being wrong.  If you did not think it really mattered, the concept of marriage in itself, then why should you be so defensive over it or take offense when others see it differently.  After all, according to you, it is just a piece of paper.  
lol just like you to say that.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2008, 09:21:49 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
lol just like you to say that.

You're right; it is just like 4Sword to make an excellent, intelligent point like that.  Your rebuttal was a bit lacking, though.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2008, 09:27:09 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
keep it up! I'm loving this so much!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2008, 09:29:52 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
keep it up! I'm loving this so much!

It's fun to spam!
« Reply #150 on: October 24, 2008, 09:30:37 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Shefali you're really not helping it.

You're kind of dragging it on by commenting on his posts. If you ignored them wouldn't post.

This topic is getting kind of out of hand, if it keeps going like this I'm gonna lock it.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #151 on: October 24, 2008, 09:37:57 pm »
  • :3

So is a passport.
So is a lot of things.

Wait, how is it not necessary or important but useful at the same time?

How about they just change gay marriage to civil partnerships then? Would be a HELL OF A !@#$% LOT EASIER, HAY!
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2008, 09:39:20 pm »

So is a passport.
So is a lot of things.

Wait, how is it not necessary or important but useful at the same time?

How about they just change gay marriage to civil partnerships then? Would be a HELL OF A !@#$% LOT EASIER, HAY!

Oh I bet we all wish it were that simple.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #153 on: October 24, 2008, 09:45:22 pm »
  • :3
What's not simple about it? Ok, some jerk-off will object to it, but at the end of the day, if you make a non-religious, yet equally valuable version of marriage, I doubt there'd be much complaining.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2008, 09:53:28 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
The same people that made gay marriage legal will keep if from being illegal. 'Nuff said.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2008, 11:00:55 pm »
It's not just "a piece of paper".
Being married or having a civil partnership means that you are allowed to invest in things together. It means that you become next of kin to your partner. It means that if your partner dies, you at least inherit some of what they left behind. It means that there is less chance of a homosexual being driven out of his home by his dead partner's family, even though he's lived there a long time.
All the reasons why most people who aren't religious actually do get married, because of all the legalities of it.
Homosexuals dont want to be married just so they can be like everyone else.
If marriage was just about religion, then I would say "who cares" but it's not just religious.
Read that, does it say "love" somewhere in there? or does it say "I'll keep your stuff when you die"?...
And I don't wanna talk about religion...
This is an english website, please speak it.
l0l wut? o_0
« Reply #156 on: October 24, 2008, 11:23:43 pm »
The answer to whether or not gay couple's can marry is very simple:

Society gives us to types of marriages, spiritual, which is what happens when you get married in a church, or elsewhere by a priest or some other religious figure.

Then there is being legally bound to each other for taxation, legal purposes, medical purposes, basic *rights* which are given to all men/women under the Constitution of the United States. It says it in the start of the constitutional itself, 'all men are created equal', men in this context, being mankind.

To deny anyone any right, is unconstitutional. It's not a matter of being for or against gay marriage, or being for or against homosexuality, it's basic constitutional rights. Everyone needs to pull their heads out of their asses and read the constitution before people run it over to where there's nothing left of it.. it's so close to happening and the ignorance of the average American person towards it isn't helping.

This isn't a religious issue or a sexuality issue, it's a constitutional matter, the issue is black and white, plain and simple. They're legally being denied rights they have in every state, by laws in the state stating 'marriage is between a man and a woman' that in itself is unconstitutional, I would love to see any religious person tell me it's not, the only way it could be is, if homosexuals were subhuman, which they aren't.. homosexuality roots back just as far as humanity itself. It pre-dates Christianity.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2008, 05:31:38 am »
I hope the Gay Rights Movement will be looked at by future generations as we do the Civil Rights Movement today.

Don't say that gays shouldn't protest.  Protesting brought up the issues of the civil rights movement to the forefront after years of prejudice and segregation.  Anger fuels all major political changes, and gays have the right to protest as they please.

Don't say that gays shouldn't have parades.  If you don't want to see them, don't watch them!  That's easy.  That's like saying, "I don't like this TV show so it should go off the air."  Freedom of Speech and Press is a right we are guaranteed. Disagree with it all you want, but stop complaining about it. 

Don't say that you're voting yes just because some gay people at your university spread propaganda.  If you blame an entire community for the shitty behavior of some activists, all you are doing is hurting the people that are actually acting proactively in the matter.  In all major social movements there are people that are bigoted and far too radical, but that does not mean the entire population of that movement is the same.  Help the GOOD people, don't hurt the bigots.

Don't say that marriage is strictly a religious thing.  If you still think that, I'm shocked.  Yes, it has religious meanings and such, but it's not ONLY religious.  If it was strictly religious, there wouldn't be all these laws and benefits ensuring rights to married couples.  Once there's a law about it, it's at least partly a legal matter.  And if citizens are equal before the law, we need to have equal rights in the legal system.

And come on, does it really hurt you that much to make a couple thousand people happy?
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2008, 06:53:56 am »
Don't say that gays shouldn't have parades.
wut? o_0
I don't care if they are homosexual or what they do, as long as they don't poke me everything its OK.
Anyway, I was just thinking at how funny this is...not homosexuals or marriage, this "law"...stopping someone from getting married because it's sexual preference it's different...meh. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 07:00:22 am by EDGE »
This is an english website, please speak it.
l0l wut? o_0
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2008, 09:03:15 am »
It's not just "a piece of paper".
Being married or having a civil partnership means that you are allowed to invest in things together. It means that you become next of kin to your partner. It means that if your partner dies, you at least inherit some of what they left behind. It means that there is less chance of a homosexual being driven out of his home by his dead partner's family, even though he's lived there a long time.
All the reasons why most people who aren't religious actually do get married, because of all the legalities of it.
Homosexuals dont want to be married just so they can be like everyone else.
If marriage was just about religion, then I would say "who cares" but it's not just religious.
Read that, does it say "love" somewhere in there? or does it say "I'll keep your stuff when you die"?...
And I don't wanna talk about religion...

Yes I know it doesnt say love in there anywhere. But maybe marriage is a lot more than just loving someone these days. However, I would say that in all marriage the foundation reason for getting married should be love, not "I'll keep your stuff when you die" type things.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 77 queries.