Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Capcom, give me a Resident Evil like this...  (Read 4678 times)

Please Capcom, give me a Resident Evil like this...
« on: May 06, 2009, 12:13:33 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J7_8irvZp8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J7_8irvZp8</a>

Seriously, I don't care if it would be for the PSP.
I just want another Resident Evil to go back to the old days of horror and not action.
They don't have to return the series, just make an offshoot game or something that is based on ACTUAL zombies and is presented in a more dark atmosphere.

That was the main thing with 4 and REALLY with 5.  It was always too bright.  Not much of a horror scene :/

Just my opinion, but I really need a scary game again.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Please Capcom, give me a Resident Evil like ...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 12:18:13 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
The issue is though........ that they're more fun as action :\... The original 3 were AWESOME when they first came out, but they didn't date well. They play out like the old Snes Clocktower game... Very slow paced... Very hard to stay interested in. That's the general consensus anyway :\ People want action games.

If they could mix dark and gritty horror visuals with action, it'd be win IMO
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 12:24:38 am »
I actually thought Resident Evil 5 sucked.  Not graphics wise or anything, that was great.  But the story was like null and void.

Resident Evil 4 got old fast to me anyways as well :/

I really feel that Capcom appeased to more casual gamers with RE5 than they should have.

If you can have the lighting,shadows, and atmosphere that they show in REmake for the Cube(or the RE4 Hook version) with a touch slowed down combat system with RE 5, then you have win.

Basically, my beef really is that most RE4 and 5 didn't feel like a horror game.
The only part I got kinda nervous was when you controled Ashley and you could barely see anything with the statues trying to slice you in half.  That's what I feel Capcom should focus on for maybe a spin-off game.

They already re-established themselves as an action game with RE4 the solidified it with RE5.
So, don't change the main games.  The PSP has yet to see some RE love so try something there?
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 12:45:15 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Please Capcom, stop giving us Resident Evils and focus on better series.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 01:18:32 am »
Please Capcom, stop giving us Resident Evils and focus on better series.
I must agree, they killed Megaman :/, they need better series.
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 03:04:19 am »
While there is always the potential and sometimes realization that the quality of any series can diminish over time, this topic is about Resident Evil and what changes could be made to a future game in the series such that it would be good. And really I can name at least one series that has done worse than Resident Evil in terms of later games in the series - Sonic, but that is not what the topic is about.

And really though, as long as people are paying for the games, then there is no real need to stop making them; it might even bring in some revenue to attempt a new game; budgets tend to be bigger now so money helps. Capcom might make some changes to the newer game's but yeah, if they didn't attempt anything new, for better or worse, it'd just be the same game over and over. This actually works for a while because graphics can improve older games and whatnot.

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 03:29:02 am »
I am going to post again to say why I deleted the last few posts. This topic should now be about the game not criticisms of me. Your posts would have been fine had the majority of them consisted of on-topic content.
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 03:31:31 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
These last two posts by 4Sword are off-topic. Why are they off-topic? They are not contributing to the topic in anyway. Why are they off-topic? I don't get why they are off-topic.
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 03:34:40 am »
The topic is Resident Evil. I am not Resident Evil. Thus you shouldn't talk about me. As indicated by my last post, your posts would have been fine had they the majority of the content in them contributed to the topic rather than just pointing out your issues with the way I handed something.

My first post in the topic also had content explaining why I thought the newer games in the series were alright to some degree.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 03:36:33 am by 4Sword »
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 03:38:54 am »
The topic is Resident Evil. I am not Resident Evil. Thus you shouldn't talk about me. As indicated by my last post, your posts would have been fine had they the majority of the content in them contributed to the topic rather than just pointing out your issues with the way I handed something.

My first post in the topic also had content explaining why I thought the newer games in the series were alright to some degree.
well, why don't you do what a normal users does, report and warn >_>, not just delete, unless they aren't breaking a rule..
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 03:41:07 am »
Look, for all of you making such a big deal about staying on topic, a lot of you are continuing to go off-topic. Talk about Resident Evil, not me. And the reason that some posts are being deleted is that they are either attacking me personally, are spam, or are being removed so that the topic can be cleaned up for discussion about what the actual topic is.
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 03:42:27 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Look, for all of you making such a big deal about staying on topic, a lot of you are continuing to go off-topic. Talk about Resident Evil, not me. And the reason that some posts are being deleted is that they are either attacking me personally, are spam, or are being removed so that the topic can be cleaned up for discussion about what the actual topic is.

Stop taking this off-topic jeez.

Anyways, I don't really know what the big fuss is over Resident Evil. The first two were alright, I never played them, I only watched my brother play them and they still weren't great. I don't even remember RE3 most of the time, RE4 is way over-rated, and RE5 is RE4 with a black chick.
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 03:45:06 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
Excuse me, why was my post deleted? It was perfectly on topic because I was comparing one relevant horror series to another. If you wanted more details you should have just asked.

Silent Hill is superior because it sets up more of an eerie atmosphere. Everything from the ash rain to the random Silent Hell appearances, the atmosphere really makes it the superior entity of its genre.

Sorry Resident Evil fans. Your series is inferior. #2's not a bad place to be though.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 03:46:25 am »
Excuse me, why was my post deleted? It was perfectly on topic because I was comparing one relevant horror series to another. If you wanted more details you should have just asked.

Silent Hill is superior because it sets up more of an eerie atmosphere. Everything from the ash rain to the random Silent Hell appearances, the atmosphere really makes it the superior entity of its genre.

Sorry Resident Evil fans. Your series is inferior. #2's not a bad place to be though.
The only Silent Hill I got into was 2.  I really enjoyed it.
I have the Homecoming one but quit after getting into the sewers.

I liked Homecoming though because it kept the scary atmosphere.
If it stays like that, SH may take place over RE in my eyes.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 03:52:52 am »
Look, you can't just load your post with some content that is relevant and make the whole point of the post off-topic and an attack on a staff member; that makes the majority of your post off-topic and possibly vulgar. Also, forcing tangents to a topic or derailing it intentionally is not something to be condoned.
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 03:53:44 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Look, you can't just load your post with some content that is relevant and make the whole point of the post off-topic and an attack on a staff member; that makes the majority of your post off-topic and possibly vulgar. Also, forcing tangents to a topic or derailing it intentionally is not something to be condoned.

We are trying to have a legit conversation here about Horror games. Would you kindly leave us alone please? Why do you constantly keep harassing us? Being an admin, I think you should know better.
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 03:56:17 am »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
As a liberally educated person and an advocate of the first amendment, I am appalled by the turn of this topic.

As you can see, the conversation has shifted from specifically RE to horror games as a genre. If I want to talk about Silent Hill or Condemned, where should I do it? Be forewarned, as a liberally educated person, I must warn you that this post is indeed a tanget in itself, serving a very noble purpose.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited

gm112

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 03:56:35 am »

We are trying to have a legit conversation here about Horror games. Would you kindly leave us alone please? Why do you constantly keep harassing us? Being an admin, I think you should know better.
Because it's apparently allowed for staff members to attack poor little porkchop :(. What cockasses, eh? Hello my name is 4bitch and I approve of this message.

If Resident Evil 5 actually scared me I would've went out and bought it. As for fatal frame, I find THAT game much more scarier. One time I had to turn off the game because I was so afraid of it. It was awesome! I just like RE because it has a little more action than Fatal Frame did. Fatal Frame was just walking around, IMO.
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 03:57:41 am »
This topic is about Resident Evil, not other topics. If you want to talk about other games and you can do so civilly then you can by all means create a new topic. However, as I said, intentionally derailing a topic to talk about something that you just want to talk about is not what you should be doing.
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 04:01:30 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
If all these topics are derailing and off-topic, why are you only deleting ours and leaving yours there? Are you trying to prove that you're intelligent? I think we came across that road about 3 years ago.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 77 queries.

anything