Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Halo DS! Screens and 2 movies revealed! :O  (Read 5933 times)

Re: Halo DS! Screens and 2 movies revealed! :O
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 07:16:14 pm »
  • *whistle*
!@#$%.

I would've bought a new DS for that.

I would've bought THREE new DSes for the multiplayer of it.

And, yes. I'm completely serious. I literally only bought my Xbox for Halo 2. If I ever get a 360, it'll only be for Halo 3 and Halo Wars.
When'd you get an xbox o:?

Last summer.

I've yet to buy any more games for it besides Halo 2, but I was thinking of getting the original Halo - I really enjoyed what I played of the PC version.

=/ I wish it was real - or even close to being real but it is almost completely obvious that it is an edit of GoldenEye Rogue Agent Ds. Notice how the crosshair hasn't been changed, alot of the sounds haven't changed, the death is nothing like Halos and the HUD is a complete copy.

I have my doubts any of you have ever played Golden Eye DS, but even a video could show you it is fake.

The only thing that could prove me wrong at this moment would be a video of them driving the warthog. (Which is in there and they do approach it before the video ending.)

Maybe that's the point - the developer edited the Goldeneye Rogue Agent engine to fit with Halo? I mean, either they got the rights to the engine or they're actually the Rogue Agent developers.

Either way, it seems unlikely that an amateur would be able to edit Rogue Agent to this extent... if they could do something like that, I'm kinda surprised they wouldn't try it with a better game *cough Metroid Prime Hunters cough*
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 07:24:05 pm »
Well, looks cool to me ::) I don't know why some of you guys think it will be bad..
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 07:28:18 pm »
  • n___n
Well, looks cool to me ::) I don't know why some of you guys think it will be bad..

It does look cool, kinda crappy though. It can be vastly improved, but given what it is for being a cancelled project, they had somethin going here. If only Matt would have driven the Warthog.

yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 08:07:10 pm »
  • =/
=/ I wish it was real - or even close to being real but it is almost completely obvious that it is an edit of GoldenEye Rogue Agent Ds. Notice how the crosshair hasn't been changed, alot of the sounds haven't changed, the death is nothing like Halos and the HUD is a complete copy.

I have my doubts any of you have ever played Golden Eye DS, but even a video could show you it is fake.

The only thing that could prove me wrong at this moment would be a video of them driving the warthog. (Which is in there and they do approach it before the video ending.)

Maybe that's the point - the developer edited the Goldeneye Rogue Agent engine to fit with Halo? I mean, either they got the rights to the engine or they're actually the Rogue Agent developers.

Either way, it seems unlikely that an amateur would be able to edit Rogue Agent to this extent... if they could do something like that, I'm kinda surprised they wouldn't try it with a better game *cough Metroid Prime Hunters cough*
Hmm... possibly but if it was real, and they did propose to Bungie/Microsoft, don't you think it would look more professional? I wouldn't want MY game looking like anothers if I was to show it to a publisher.
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 08:16:44 pm »

Dude it's real, it seems they used the Golden Eye DS engine. And if you would've read better then you would've known that the build they played was a year old. And you might wanna check your ears, because the sounds you hear in the video are Halo sounds. The HUD on the other hand looks indeed very similar. And what did you expect about the Death? No DS game has fancy rag doll psychics...
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2007, 08:25:53 pm »
  • =/
 H_B, read above. Trust me, I am one who wants Halo DS (Possibly more then anyone.) but it just dosen't seem likely. Prove me wrong, post a video that shows a feature that Golden Eye does not have... then I'll belive you.
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2007, 08:58:31 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
Dude, this would have sold like crazy if they had released it. I'm still not sure if it's real, though. I might go for the whole "Golden Eye heck" theory, because, if anyone has Golden Eye DS, they would recognize that this game has the same sound effects for firing, enemy death, and low health, not to mention the similar text, multiplayer start up, and damage indicator.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 09:07:00 pm by Dracon »
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2007, 09:30:44 pm »
Yeah, I just watched a video of Goldeneye DS and this "Halo DS" back to back, and you can definitely tell that "Halo DS" was built using the Goldeneye engine, possibly even just by hecking the game. To me this would either be done by some homebrew guys or by the company that developed Goldeneye DS.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2007, 09:38:45 pm »
  • :D
Looks like somebody just used goldeneye DS engine.  There's a reason this was cancelled... The graphics and gameplay both look like !@#$%.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2007, 09:58:38 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Okay this is a tad retarded, lol...

Bungie is owned by Microsoft; but it is still an independently running group (like Rare); so they COULD develop for other systems if they wanted to, BUT. Why, in Bungies sound mind, would they want to downgrade Halo in this way? It would sell copies, sure, but it doesn't contribute to the Halo franchise in any way in terms of story elements (unless it would be a remake of Halo 1). Bungie has plans for world domination; perhaps this fits into that grand scale some how... but I doubt this is real. It was more than likely an independently made DS game that was presented to bungie, and they probably were like "Lets ask corporate!" and corporate (MS) was prolly like "NO! SUXXORS!"

*shrugs*

It would be pretty sweet though :P
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 10:11:27 pm by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2007, 10:08:55 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
Yeah, I just watched a video of Goldeneye DS and this "Halo DS" back to back, and you can definitely tell that "Halo DS" was built using the Goldeneye engine, possibly even just by hecking the game. To me this would either be done by some homebrew guys or by the company that developed Goldeneye DS.
Lol. I'd like to see anyone 'hecking' a DS rom and completely change the content. They can't do it for N64 roms, so why would they be able to change models and graphics in a DS rom?

And what would an EA studio do with the halo franchise? This is all really strange.

But I know the truth guys. MATT CASSAMASSAMINA MADE IT UP, THE VIDEO DOESNT EVEN EXIST, PEOPLE WHO SAY IT DOES ARE LYING.

ALso, lulz. BUNGIE SPLITTING UP WITH MICROSOFT? WHAT!?

I </3 Sol

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2007, 10:13:22 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
lol Bungie could only do that if they bought out Microsofts stocks :P but... that wont happen :p Microsoft did a pretty hefty buyout when Bungie announced Halo for the Mac, lol
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2007, 11:21:54 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
copypasta from fanboys-online:

Your scores never went up
The time never changed
You shot right handed guns with left bumber.
there was no waiting time for you to host a multiplayer session
Innacurate ammo counts for the plasma rifle. Anyone who plays Halo can tell you it doesn't exceed 100 shots.
The signal meter was non existant. It was there, but never showed any signs of being used.
Slots for other joined players were empty when you were obviously "playing" against a human opponent. (this along with the no load times are the biggest flaws in the video)

At the end the camera moved upwards when you were moving the stylus left and right (read: not up at all)
I like how it cuts off right before the nice warthog physics could have kicked in.

He also mentioned the whole moded Golden Eye DS thing too.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2007, 11:29:01 pm »
  • *whistle*
copypasta from fanboys-online:

Your scores never went up
The time never changed
You shot right handed guns with left bumber.
there was no waiting time for you to host a multiplayer session
Innacurate ammo counts for the plasma rifle. Anyone who plays Halo can tell you it doesn't exceed 100 shots.
The signal meter was non existant. It was there, but never showed any signs of being used.
Slots for other joined players were empty when you were obviously "playing" against a human opponent. (this along with the no load times are the biggest flaws in the video)

At the end the camera moved upwards when you were moving the stylus left and right (read: not up at all)
I like how it cuts off right before the nice warthog physics could have kicked in.

He also mentioned the whole moded Golden Eye DS thing too.

Those are the biggest ones; the score, time, shooting, ammo counts, and lack of warthog are all easily explained by the demo thing, but the rest of it was actually quite obvious and I can't believe I missed that.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2007, 11:39:57 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Also, IGN is NOT a reliable source, in the least bit...

Remember Chrono Ressurection? They said it was coming out for PSP and was developed by Square... rofl... No, it was being developed by Nathan Lazur and it was a completely independent fan project... They just dont... check their sources... very well at all lol
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2007, 11:45:55 pm »
haha, I remember that. IGN is the most retarded gaming news site I swear... I mostly use RPGamer.com to check on game news. :P
  • RPG Empire

uma

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2007, 12:18:23 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
This actually could be real. Developers have been known to edit engines off of previous ones. Dawn of Mana used the Kingdom Hearts engine, Zelda 64 used the Mario 64 engine, and if I recall correctly, Rogue Galaxy used the Dark Cloud 2 engine.

But those are all from the same developers, so yeah. Maybe they got the dev'ers of Goldeneye to use there engine? I'm still leaning towards its fakeness though... :-\
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2007, 12:24:14 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Zelda 64 was initially using the Mario 64 engine; but I can almost guarantee that once they made OoT a more finalized project the Mario 64 code was nearly nonexistent. Bungie wouldnt make a DS Halo simply because of how the series progresses. Each one had graphical innovations over the other, each one had something to build from... And knowing this Halo DS just wouldnt work. I dont see Bungie as being the type of developer to make nonsensical spin offs (Halo Wars has its place; its not nonsensical; its their original dream being built. so thats an exception). Even at that, Microsoft more than likely wouldnt allow such a project to be undergone. Some could speculate that this was started before Microsoft bought bungie, but even that wouldnt work since MS bought bungie in 2000. Theres just no sensible place for a Halo DS, its just simple logic and some common sense that makes this unbelievable. Its sad that it gets peoples hopes up, it really is, but blind hope is a bad thing o.0

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2007, 12:31:19 am »
  • Silly cat!
Eh, I don't really care, lol XD.

Even though I was about to buy a 360 and Halo 3 yesterday O.o (which I didn't end up doing even though I had the money).

If I wanted to play a multiplayer first-person shooter on the DS, I'd just play Metroid Prime Hunters. Speaking of which, does anybody want a game of?

Hoffy.

uma

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2007, 12:55:21 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Zelda 64 was initially using the Mario 64 engine; but I can almost guarantee that once they made OoT a more finalized project the Mario 64 code was nearly nonexistent. Bungie wouldnt make a DS Halo simply because of how the series progresses. Each one had graphical innovations over the other, each one had something to build from... And knowing this Halo DS just wouldnt work. I dont see Bungie as being the type of developer to make nonsensical spin offs (Halo Wars has its place; its not nonsensical; its their original dream being built. so thats an exception). Even at that, Microsoft more than likely wouldnt allow such a project to be undergone. Some could speculate that this was started before Microsoft bought bungie, but even that wouldnt work since MS bought bungie in 2000. Theres just no sensible place for a Halo DS, its just simple logic and some common sense that makes this unbelievable. Its sad that it gets peoples hopes up, it really is, but blind hope is a bad thing o.0

Bungie doesn't own Halo as a game I don't think, as Microsoft owns Bungie. I could see Microsoft making some pointless !@#$% spinoffs because they like the money. They know anything with "Halo" on it will sell, no matter what. Kind of like how Squeeny can make anything with the name "Final Fantasy" on it or "Dragon Quest" and it will instantly sell millions and millions of copies in the first week.

Then again I think EVERY company is like that... Except Level 5(For now...), so its prolly just my own mindset.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 77 queries.

anything