Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Serious concern, wanting an honest answer  (Read 4160 times)

TKM

A 7-ton chicken that would eat Colonel Sanders
Serious concern, wanting an honest answer
« on: December 06, 2008, 04:23:56 am »
  • Chippy is more of a gopher than you'll ever be.
This is a Zelda fan community. Why the hell are there so many Nintendo bashers here?
What you should be doing is taking off your top and getting killed by Greg Kinear.

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Re: Serious concern, wanting an honest answer
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 04:27:32 am »
Because it's not really a Zelda fan community anymore. :(
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 04:33:19 am »
Some of the Nintendo bashing I would say is against Nintendo fanboys, which is not Nintendo in itself, but is arguably related to some degree.  As for the other occasions, I think that people think that saying a game sucks is being viewed as a valid opinion if it has no back-up. 

Because Nintendo is kind of what brought us all together to some degree, disagreeing or disliking Nintendo things should require some back-up, and in the same token, things that are not Nintendo should not be bashed in the same fashion so we don't look like Nintendo fanboys.

There are some things that Nintendo has done that do not please everyone, and in general with the price of video game software down compared to what it used to be in the past, back when there were cartridges, people here are now more able to buy various games for various systems.  Not to mention pirating is easier now, lol.  Ultimately though, Zelda and Nintendo are single interests, and to not have more and to not see the good in other things is delusional.  The tone of how things are talked about could be a little less harsh though.

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 04:48:47 am »
The only Nintendo bashing I've done is say that the Wii could have some better games.
It has some good ones but it needs more non-family games.
Even if it is a family console.
:(
  • Likes to Ramble
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 05:01:40 am »
Today's Nintendo is different than in 2003. Many disappointments happened along the way, and people have changed. People aren't just going to leave because they don't like Nintendo much anymore, but they'll stay for the people they've known.
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 05:07:57 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Just because it's a Zelda forum, doesn't mean you have to instantly fall in love with Nintendo and praise them. Who cares if people are bashing Nintendo. People are also bashing Microsoft, Sony, and so on.

To me, this is just a topic from an angry fanboy and is really unneeded, and to be honest, really isn't a serious concern. If we had less people complaining because "BAW HE BASHED MY NINTENDER" or whatever company, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

As Reo said...

People aren't just going to leave because they don't like Nintendo much anymore, but they'll stay for the people they've known.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 05:10:33 am by Zidane »
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 05:15:40 am »
Might as well ask why there's gay people on the forum too

what a stupid topic

TKM

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 05:16:44 am »
yeah, i know. and for the record zidane, this isn't directed just at you, but a lot of people seem very narrow minded. Opinions are one thing, but going all "aww that game/system/idea/rumor sucks" and leaving it like that really gets on my, and i would certainly hope a few other peoples' nerves. What I would like to see is more points being analyzed and more logically disputed rather than bluntly stated. And though I know this is just how some people are, and they can't exactly just change the way they think, I really wish people would base opinions a lot more off personal experience and educated reasoning than just impressions and assumptions.

what a stupid topic

and swoftu, you're just plain rude. I'm sure many people would agree.
What you should be doing is taking off your top and getting killed by Greg Kinear.

Jeod

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 05:18:43 am »

what a stupid topic

Discuss.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 05:19:50 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
This is a Zelda fan community. Why the hell are there so many Nintendo bashers here?

Because this community was made before the Wii came out.

Jeod

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 05:20:58 am »

Because this community was made before the Wii came out.

Ooooh! Good one Mammy!

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 05:23:00 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
yeah, i know. and for the record zidane, this isn't directed just at you, but a lot of people seem very narrow minded.

They aren't the only ones.

Opinions are one thing, but going all "aww that game/system/idea/rumor sucks" and leaving it like that really gets on my, and i would certainly hope a few other peoples' nerves.

Gee, it sure is old news around here.

The only reason you hope that it annoys other people is so you can get them to agree with you so you can feel like you've made a point that's been brought up... I don't know... about a thousand and two times.

What I would like to see is more points being analyzed and more logically disputed rather than bluntly stated. And though I know this is just how some people are, and they can't exactly just change the way they think, I really wish people would base opinions a lot more off personal experience and educated reasoning than just impressions and assumptions.

I'd wish you would stop flooding topics with your complaining everytime someone doesn't make a post saying they don't like a game (whether they give a reason or not).

what a stupid topic

and swoftu, you're just plain rude. I'm sure many people would agree.

Quote from: Zidane
Gee, it sure is old news around here.

TKM

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 05:24:03 am »
yeah, but i think any hatred towards the wii could be thought over. I mean, did everyone here really expect video game controls to just be continually larger gaming pads forever? That's a lot of what i mean by the narrow-mindedness. Some people are traditionalists, I understand, but if you're afraid of or spiteful towards innovation, then technology will never advance. I'll admit, no one has really taken full advantage of the Wii's capability at all, but that's developers' faults, not the console's.

what a stupid topic

Discuss.

EXACTLY! lol thank you, Jeod.
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 05:24:47 am »
Who cares if people are bashing Nintendo. People are also bashing Microsoft, Sony, and so on.

That's like saying that if there is someone trolling someone over something, then it is alright if that person trolling is in turn getting trolled.  The point is all trolling shouldn't happen.  It's not hard to figure out what is blatantly bashing, in my honest opinion.  It is just sad when the age of the forum increases and yet the nuisances of youth persist.

Jeod

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 05:25:24 am »

what a stupid topic

What a stupid post :P

I wish I'd thought of that the first time.

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 05:27:50 am »
yeah, but i think any hatred towards the wii could be thought over. I mean, did everyone here really expect video game controls to just be continually larger gaming pads forever? That's a lot of what i mean by the narrow-mindedness. Some people are traditionalists, I understand, but if you're afraid of or spiteful towards innovation, then technology will never advance. I'll admit, no one has really taken full advantage of the Wii's capability at all, but that's developers' faults, not the console's.
Some people don't like the Wii. That's their opinion. Get over it.
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 05:27:55 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Who cares if people are bashing Nintendo. People are also bashing Microsoft, Sony, and so on.

That's like saying that if there is someone trolling someone over something, then it is alright if that person trolling is in turn getting trolled.  The point is all trolling shouldn't happen.  It's not hard to figure out what is blatantly bashing, in my honest opinion.  It is just sad when the age of the forum increases and yet the nuisances of youth persist.

Thanks for COMPLETELY missing and ignoring the point of that line.

Also Jeod and TKM, don't turn this into a WOW SWIFTU IS STUPID topic. Every time he posts it seems one of you troll him.

Jeod

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 05:29:12 am »
Nah I was just being funny. I like cracking jokes, and Swoftu kinda set himself up for that one. But meh, he's cool.

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2008, 05:31:03 am »
How did I miss the point of that line?  Unless it was sarcasm, that is essentially what you were saying.  The bashing which is the concern of this topic is pretty much trolling and the comparison stands.  If that was a general statement beyond the forum, then that is true and in that case such things wouldn't matter.  However, with the domain restricted to just this forum it is more of an issue; especially because the interests of the forum often favor a side or are formed of dedicated groups.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2008, 05:33:55 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
When you can all grow up a bit and have a decent conversation without degrading one another, I'll unlock this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.293 seconds with 94 queries.

anything