Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Read this fellow Zelda fans!  (Read 1743 times)

Read this fellow Zelda fans!
« on: June 25, 2008, 10:15:42 pm »
I finally bought Phantom Hourglass. :D I was supposed to have done this months ago, but for some strange reason I never did. So while I was at my favorite Game store to pickup my copy of Brawl, I saw Phantom Hourglass lying on a shelf surrounded by shitty DS games made by Ubisoft. And I was like: "ZOMG i still dun hav bougt teh fantom houaglaz gaim!111" so I bought it. :) I completed almost the whole game months ago on my R4, but while I was playing it I felt bad for not having bought the game, while I'm a Nintendo fanboy that gets orgasms of new Zelda/Mario games. So I fullfilled my duty as a Nintendo fanboy after all! :D

If you are on of those Zelda fans that pirated the game like I did, then you must repent your horrible sin and fullfill your duty now! Or I will hunt you down at night, and punch you to death with the powerglove!

I love the Powerglove, it's so bad!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 10:17:14 pm by Hyrule_boy »
Re: Read this fellow Zelda fans!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 10:19:04 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I thing PH is a great game, i played it through like, 6 times? so i like it alot.

BUT I !@#$% LOVE THE POWERGLOVE.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 10:50:00 pm »
Phantom hourglass sucked.

Go away.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 10:50:52 pm »
  • b e p i s
Is the game really that great? I've considered ROMulating it due to my lack of a DS, but I want to make sure it's actually worth my time. Does it do anything new for our beloved series, or is it sort of stagnant like Twilight Princess?
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 11:03:27 pm »
  • Wu tang Forever
I think it's better than TP.
It's nothing amazing though, but I think it would be worth your time.
The controls work really well.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 11:04:19 pm »

HHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL No.

DON'T DO IT! IT'S A TRAP!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 11:51:58 pm »

Just because you dislike controlling games with the stylus, doesn't mean it's bad! Phantom Hourglass is a great game and is a good addition to the Zelda handheld games.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 11:57:46 pm »
  • The Mike
Phantom Hourglass is worth it. It was fun and the control scheme is easy to get used to. I loved it. I still need one more Courage Gem though and I don't know where the !@#$% it is.

• Zelda Eternity

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 11:58:09 pm »

Just because you dislike controlling games with the stylus, doesn't mean it's bad! Phantom Hourglass is a great game and is a good addition to the Zelda handheld games.

No. It's repeitive and stupid. I stopped playing after about the 3rd time of doing the same goddamn dungeon over again.
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 12:09:48 am »

No. It's repeitive and stupid. I stopped playing after about the 3rd time of doing the same goddamn dungeon over again.
I guess you kept running in circles in the first dungeon, because I see a new dungeon every time.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 12:11:39 am »

No. Phantom Hourglass just had TOO many bad aspects to be considered one of the better Zelda-games. The controls were annoying, you'd sometimes cover parts of the screen with your hand and couldn't see what was going on, Sword-slashing and precision was sometimes just pure luck and the game didn't pause when you wanted to change items. The last point wasn't the worst, but not pausing the game was just stupid.

And the fact that it didn't have an original Link with an original setting was bothersome too.

I mean it's still a fun game but not the best.

That big dungeon that you'd always have to return to and always go through the same passages and each time a few more? That was the biggest !@#$% ever in a Zelda-game. It was the reason I played all the way through the game, then before the last time through the temple and the boss-fight, I left the game lying around for two months.

And I BOUGHT the game.

I guess you kept running in circles in the first dungeon, because I see a new dungeon every time.
There were new dungeons alright, but as I said before, there's this MAIN-dungeon. And then there's also this stupid time-limit. That was pointless as hell and just frustrating.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 12:26:49 am »

No. Phantom Hourglass just had TOO many bad aspects to be considered one of the better Zelda-games. The controls were annoying, you'd sometimes cover parts of the screen with your hand and couldn't see what was going on, Sword-slashing and precision was sometimes just pure luck and the game didn't pause when you wanted to change items. The last point wasn't the worst, but not pausing the game was just stupid.

And the fact that it didn't have an original Link with an original setting was bothersome too.

I mean it's still a fun game but not the best.

That big dungeon that you'd always have to return to and always go through the same passages and each time a few more? That was the biggest !@#$% ever in a Zelda-game. It was the reason I played all the way through the game, then before the last time through the temple and the boss-fight, I left the game lying around for two months.

And I BOUGHT the game.

There were new dungeons alright, but as I said before, there's this MAIN-dungeon. And then there's also this stupid time-limit. That was pointless as hell and just frustrating.
I guess you your fingers are as big as a sausage :P because I can see clearly everything on screen all the time. And I know what Swoftu meant about the repetitive dungeon. XD I don't really like the Main dungeon either, but there's just to much other stuff that I do enjoy, and that makes me forget the frustration I get several times in the main dungeon. And why do I hear nobody talking about the multiplayer?! It's the first official Zelda game that features online gameplay. And the multiplayer is great, and very challenging! Because it gets really exciting when you and your opponent use clever tactics. And you sure need them against those crazy japanese guys who play certain DS games hundreds of hours online. :o
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 12:43:15 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Phantom Hourglass has it's moments. I'm currently pirating and don't plan on buying it.

ANNOYING OCEAN KING TEMPLE IS ANNOYING.

Also what Fox said, also Swiftu.

I was pissed because I could barley see what I was doing half the time. I'd like to see my game, not my hand.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 12:43:52 am »
Hand =/= Fingers

Yeah, the Multiplayer was fun but... you know, the thought that this could also have been a FourSwords with online-functionality kind of makes it less fun.

Phantom Hourglass has it's moments. I'm currently pirating and don't plan on buying it.

ANNOYING OCEAN KING TEMPLE IS ANNOYING.

Also what Fox said, also Swiftu.

I was pissed because I could barley see what I was doing half the time. I'd like to see my game, not my hand.
lol confirmation of my argument.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 02:57:58 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
I barely ever covered my screen with my hand and when I did I got over it quickly by just shifting my finger around or something.

The main dungeon wasn't so annoying either. I guess you guys are slow or something, but each time you entered you had new things you could do to cut your time or gain new treasures (a.k.a gold rupees).

The game's good. There's not much in the way of side quests (not like I do many of those anyway) but the game's funner than fun.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 03:28:43 am »
  • Wu tang Forever
I preferred item switching without pausing. Making the game pause to switch items always annoyed me because it broke up the action. Without the pauses the game was a lot more fluid.
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 03:58:31 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
The main dungeon wasn't so annoying either. I guess you guys are slow or something, but each time you entered you had new things you could do to cut your time or gain new treasures (a.k.a gold rupees).

That wasn't my problem, I had plenty of time. The problem is... is that it's too damn repetitive until you get that damn midway point, and then after that it goes right back to being repetitive.

For example: "OH MAN I FINALLY BEAT THIS LONG ASS DUNGEON, BEAT THE BOSS, AND GOT THE --. MAN OH MAN THAT WAS EXAUSTING. MAYBE NOW I CAN GO LOOK FOR SOME TREASURE. I SURE DO HOPE I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO ANOTHER LONG ASS DUNGEON." "HEY! LISTEN! LISTEN! HEY! HELLO! YOU MUST RETURN TO THE GREAT OCEAN !@#$% TEMPLE TO FIND ANOTHER SEA MAP LOL!" "GOD DAMMIT" -5 HOURS LATER- "FINALLY A !@#$% MIDWAY POINT" -4 HOURS LATER- "HEY! LISTEN YOU MUST GO BACK!" -7 HOURS LATER- "!@#$% CHRIST."
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 07:36:31 am »
I loved WW but PH was a terrible sequel. TP & WW <3
the a o d c
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 12:51:36 pm »
I think PH was a waste of the windwaker sequel.

perhaps if it was an original game I'd look more favorably on it, but I don't.
I did like the controls, and I must be one of the few gamers that did the ocean king temple correctly or something, because I only went in it like 3 times and I always had a teleport waiting to take me to the new part *shrug*
I wouldn't and didn't buy it.

in my opinion, windwaker is and will always be the high point of the series, now every time I play a zelda game it just makes me want to play windwaker instead, and PH epitomized that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.561 seconds with 76 queries.