Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Man, the 90s sure didn't treat comic books well.  (Read 1406 times)

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
Man, the 90s sure didn't treat comic books well....
« on: July 09, 2008, 04:35:01 am »

Discuss.
Re: Man, the 90s sure didn't treat comic books w...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 04:45:28 am »
needs more Rob Liefeld
  • Google Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 12:04:57 pm »
  • *whistle*
When they gave Superman a mullet and made Supergirl a punk, that was the "high point" of the entire 90s.

By "high point" I mean the "Oh god you make me want to remove my own eyes" point.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 12:26:54 pm »
are all those by the dude that can't draw feet?

also, I'd read Fanta Four
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 03:25:52 pm »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
The 90s are the reason that manga is dominating American comics in this generation.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 03:32:30 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Oh hey look another generic "*complaint subject* + *image content*" thread that has absolutely no merit or basis whatsoever! Congrats!

Anyway, the 90's were fine. Comics survived. Nobody cares.
Now we have the Ultimate series, which is also fine. Nobody cares. Again.

>_<

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 03:55:31 pm »
Oh hey look another generic "*complaint subject* + *image content*" thread that has absolutely no merit or basis whatsoever! Congrats!

>_<

I'm just observing how funny 90's comics were.

You're the only one complaining here.
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 05:40:04 pm »

>_<

This. I wouldn't usually agree with Swoftu, but he's right.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 05:53:26 pm »
  • :3

>_<

Indeed. He is. My god I didn't realise the "X-treme" marketing of the '90s Maddox talked about was this bad. I suppose when you're the average kid that likes Pokemon and gaming you don't notice these things.

"Adam-X the X-treme"

Why the !@#$% does he have 3 giant sideways blades on his shoulders? Or 3 tiny cat-claw sized blades in the middle of his upper arm? Why does he have blades on the side of his thighs? Why is he wearing a baseball cap on top of all this? WHO THE !@#$% DESIGNED THIS !@#$%?! MY GOD WAS IT SOME 7 YEAR-OLD WITH AMAZING ARTISTIC ABILITIES GOOD GOD PUTTING BLADES ALL OVER A CHARACTERS BODY MOSTLY IN PLACES USELESS IN COMBAT, EVEN MISSING THE ACTUAL STRIKING AREA OF THE KNEES AND PUTTING SPIKES THERE WHICH WOULDN'T EVEN DO MUCH CONSIDERING THE TYPE OF STRIKE THAT THE KNEES WOULD DELIVER HE EVEN HAS BLADES IN HIS HAIR WHICH WOULD SLICE HIS BACK !@#$% ME THIS IS !@#$%-POOR AND NOT AT ALL THOUGHT THROUGH. AND !@#$% HELL I'VE JUST REALISED NOT ONLY THAT BUT HIS HAND WOULD GET MAJORLY !@#$% UP BY THE BLADES ON HIS OWN SHOULDERS TALK ABOUT STUPID DESIGN AND IT'S THE SAME HAND HOLDING HIS SWORD TOO.

Good god.
Gannon-banned brother.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 06:40:20 pm »

>_<

Remember that one cartoon with the people-sharks?

holy !@#$%

Indeed. He is. My god I didn't realise the "X-treme" marketing of the '90s Maddox talked about was this bad. I suppose when you're the average kid that likes Pokemon and gaming you don't notice these things.

"Adam-X the X-treme"

Why the !@#$% does he have 3 giant sideways blades on his shoulders? Or 3 tiny cat-claw sized blades in the middle of his upper arm? Why does he have blades on the side of his thighs? Why is he wearing a baseball cap on top of all this? WHO THE !@#$% DESIGNED THIS !@#$%?! MY GOD WAS IT SOME 7 YEAR-OLD WITH AMAZING ARTISTIC ABILITIES GOOD GOD PUTTING BLADES ALL OVER A CHARACTERS BODY MOSTLY IN PLACES USELESS IN COMBAT, EVEN MISSING THE ACTUAL STRIKING AREA OF THE KNEES AND PUTTING SPIKES THERE WHICH WOULDN'T EVEN DO MUCH CONSIDERING THE TYPE OF STRIKE THAT THE KNEES WOULD DELIVER HE EVEN HAS BLADES IN HIS HAIR WHICH WOULD SLICE HIS BACK !@#$% ME THIS IS !@#$%-POOR AND NOT AT ALL THOUGHT THROUGH. AND !@#$% HELL I'VE JUST REALISED NOT ONLY THAT BUT HIS HAND WOULD GET MAJORLY !@#$% UP BY THE BLADES ON HIS OWN SHOULDERS TALK ABOUT STUPID DESIGN AND IT'S THE SAME HAND HOLDING HIS SWORD TOO.

Good god.

remember that one cartoon with the people-sharks?

holy !@#$%
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 06:45:44 pm by Swoftu »
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 06:50:15 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!

>_<

holy !@#$%

"Adam-X the X-treme"

Good god.

holy !@#$%

Oh god I used to love that show.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 06:58:13 pm »
  • *whistle*

>_<

holy !@#$%

"Adam-X the X-treme"

Good god.

holy !@#$%

Oh god I used to love that show.

Same. I even had the toy where the hammerhead one turned into a car. 'COS THAT MAKES SENSE. <__<
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 07:03:30 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Same. I even had the toy where the hammerhead one turned into a car. 'COS THAT MAKES SENSE. <__<

HOLY !@#$%. I HAD THAT TOO LOL.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 07:12:53 pm »
  • :3

HOLY !@#$%. I HAD THAT TOO LOL.
I VAGUELY REMEMBER IT. I THINK MCDONALD'S DID HAPPY MEALS WITH THEM AT ONE POINT.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 07:14:16 pm »

>_<

holy !@#$%

"Adam-X the X-treme"

Good god.

holy !@#$%
Street Sharks was JAWESOME
  • Google Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 07:38:55 pm »

>_<

holy !@#$%

"Adam-X the X-treme"

Good god.

holy !@#$%
Street Sharks was JAWESOME

That was the best !@#$% cartoon in the world!

God, I can't believe I'd forgotten about that.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.413 seconds with 70 queries.