Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have gamers given up on the Wii yet?  (Read 8218 times)

Re: Have gamers given up on the Wii yet?
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2008, 12:33:38 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Oh !@#$%, Swoftu is on anti-Nintendo campaign again.

Oh !@#$%, Hyrule_Boy's trolling Swiftu again.

If you have nothing to contribute don't post.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2008, 01:48:57 am »
  • :3
Oh !@#$%, Swoftu is on anti-Nintendo crusade again.
He hasn't even said anything anti-Nintendo.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2008, 05:42:25 am »
Anyway, back to what I was planning to say. While Nintendo is in deep poop right now and they abandoned the fanbase, which is the major target-group they should be concentrating on, I think it all will work again soon. Don't ask me how, it's just what I feel.
Just wondering how exactly Nintendo is in deep poop right now? If they were concentrating on the "fan base" at this moment they would be broke. They can't afford to keep up with the XBox 360 and Playstation 3 because there is no way they could match the graphics and still turn any kind of a profit (Nintendo can't afford to lose money on their consoles as they don't have any larger resources to fall back), which believe it or not is a must for any company planning on staying in buisness. So what do you do when your "fan base" is turning towards graphics orientated gaming? You switch your target market so that you can stay in buisness.

I gave up on Nintendo after they called their console the "wii" and gave it a stupid controller.

The name was announced a long time after the controller was. It was the name that made you give up on it? Seriously?

If it is, that seems a bit silly...
The controller fine, Its not for everyone. But basing it off a name?
"Lord of the Rings" sound lame but the books/films are awesome.

Its a little bit more understandable compared to Wii though. Seriously, wtf was Nintendo thinking?

Nintendo was thinking hmmm... this a crapload of free advertising as soon as we release this silly name.
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
  • Fictitious Spoon Productions

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2008, 10:57:04 am »
Anyway, back to what I was planning to say. While Nintendo is in deep poop right now and they abandoned the fanbase, which is the major target-group they should be concentrating on, I think it all will work again soon. Don't ask me how, it's just what I feel.
Just wondering how exactly Nintendo is in deep poop right now? If they were concentrating on the "fan base" at this moment they would be broke. They can't afford to keep up with the XBox 360 and Playstation 3 because there is no way they could match the graphics and still turn any kind of a profit (Nintendo can't afford to lose money on their consoles as they don't have any larger resources to fall back), which believe it or not is a must for any company planning on staying in buisness. So what do you do when your "fan base" is turning towards graphics orientated gaming? You switch your target market so that you can stay in buisness.
Either that or you make your console so it's more appealing to the kind of 3rd-party-developers who actually like to create some decent and fun games for your console. You know what I'm seeing? A bunch of "sports"-games with a control that is making no sense at all, and a lot of ports of pointless games that have already been out for years on the PS2 and XBox. What else is there except for a few gems in 3rd-party-games (No More Heroes for example,  I can't even come up with anything else right now)?

I don't say they should ONLY rely on their die-hard-fans. They're a major target-group, is all.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2008, 11:13:16 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
I gave up on Nintendo after they called their console the "wii" and gave it a stupid controller.

The name was announced a long time after the controller was. It was the name that made you give up on it? Seriously?

Its a little bit more understandable compared to Wii though. Seriously, wtf was Nintendo thinking?

Ill admit Wii is a ridiculous name, but I doubt you'd turn down a night of hot passion with a sexy lady if she was called "Wii".

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

mit

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2008, 11:16:06 am »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
a.) Everyone says Twilight Princess is !@#$%.
b.) Ever since you played the better (best) Zelda-games, you have a standard. From that point on, every Zelda-game that is only slightly worse is instantly bad.
Actually, I went for months thinking I was the only person in the world who was disappointed in it.

It wasn't the fact it wasn't as good as the other zelda games, it was because I felt cheated by it. Almost none of the content of the original trailer made it into the final game. It wasn't just a mediocre zelda game, it was lacking every single thing I'd appreciated about their earlier games. It felt like a different company had made it, and angled it towards different people.

This was well before I'd head anything bad about it, all I'd heard so far were good reviews - which maybe had got my hopes up too much.

Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2008, 11:26:05 am »

Ill admit Wii is a ridiculous name, but I doubt you'd turn down a night of hot passion with a sexy lady if she was called "Wii".

Of course, that is a bad comparison. But your point is still valid.

a.) Everyone says Twilight Princess is !@#$%.
b.) Ever since you played the better (best) Zelda-games, you have a standard. From that point on, every Zelda-game that is only slightly worse is instantly bad.
Actually, I went for months thinking I was the only person in the world who was disappointed in it.

It wasn't the fact it wasn't as good as the other zelda games, it was because I felt cheated by it. Almost none of the content of the original trailer made it into the final game. It wasn't just a mediocre zelda game, it was lacking every single thing I'd appreciated about their earlier games. It felt like a different company had made it, and angled it towards different people.

This was well before I'd head anything bad about it, all I'd heard so far were good reviews - which maybe had got my hopes up too much.

Yeah, I guess.

What were these "single things you appreciated about their earlier games" in particular?
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2008, 01:54:03 pm »

Nintendo was thinking hmmm... this a crapload of free advertising as soon as we release this silly name.

Being ridiculed is not good advertisement.

Anyways, The only console I've ever regretted buying is(or shall I say was being as I sold it) the Nintendo Wii. People always say that Sony and Microsoft live off empty promises, so what happened to Reggies Promise of announcing games that appeal to core gamers at this years E3? Why should they have to release the Wii Motion Plus device when thats what the controller should of had from release.

Wiis not a games consoles, its a toy. A gimmicky toy at that.
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2008, 02:25:10 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Why should they have to release the Wii Motion Plus device when thats what the controller should of had from release.

That stinks of several cheap advertising ploys...I can imagine it means they have slightly lower initial development costs, and make print more money selling their (!@#$% expensive) controllers AND the motion+ add-on :P
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2008, 04:37:33 pm »

Being ridiculed is not good advertisement.
Actually it really doesn't matter that much whether it's being ridiculed or not. The introduction of diamond shaped shreddies sounds like the stupidest thing in the world, and everyone was like "Who would be stupid enough to think that shreddies turned on their sides are different" but it generated a bunch of talk and everyone is like wow that is stupid, but hmmmm shreddies sound pretty good right now.
I made a thing! Please try the thing, it's what the kids are calling a "vidja game" for the iOS Splashy Bucket
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2008, 04:40:53 pm »
Actually it really doesn't matter that much whether it's being ridiculed or not. The introduction of diamond shaped shreddies sounds like the stupidest thing in the world, and everyone was like "Who would be stupid enough to think that shreddies turned on their sides are different" but it generated a bunch of talk and everyone is like wow that is stupid, but hmmmm shreddies sound pretty good right now.

Your argument is nullified by the fact that I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2008, 04:44:59 pm »

Your argument is nullified by the fact that I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
google it
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2008, 05:09:06 pm »
  • Wu tang Forever

Shreddies had an advertising campaign where they said the shreddies were shaped like diamonds. Of course this wasn't different than normal since shreddies are already squares so they're already just side-ways diamonds.
But his point is that this stupid marketing thing just got people to talk about the product and even if people thought it was stupid, it was still on their minds.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2008, 12:20:35 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Animal Crossing: City Folk. That's about it. I doubt I'm gonna go out and buy another Wii for it though... (The one I went 50/50 on, I let my brother have)
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2008, 03:05:12 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I just beat the original Mega Man, so I'm probably going to end up getting some more use out of the Wii, trying to beat old NES games.  :D
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2008, 08:16:43 am »
  • Silly cat!
I agree the Wii is doing terribly, but I wouldn't put that much !@#$% on it compared to the 360 and PS3.

I think games are just sucking generally. I can understand games have been getting better, there certainly have been several more well-made games in the last however many years, but I don't feel there are many games I've been enjoying. I mean, sure, Mercenaries, Battlefield, Gears of War 2, Metroid Prime 3, Mass Effect, all of these well-designed games, but I'm just not feeling the PASSION behind the developers. It seems like they know how a good game should be made, and they are doing it, but they're not making it enjoyable, imaginative, or fun. We just keep getting space shooters with generic gameplay elements based on Halo and even-more generic themes.

Basically the only games I'm looking forward to in the next year is Resident Evil 5 and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.

On the other hand, I'd have to say the Nintendo DS has been doing extremely well as a seventh-generation platform. I think it has the best library of games, which continues to grow by the day.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:21:52 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.372 seconds with 70 queries.