Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda-A Strange Dream about OOT  (Read 3454 times)

Re: Zelda-A Strange Dream about OOT
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007, 11:33:50 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
And don't forget the DS's lack of an analog stick.

(Don't tell me that's not a problem, because I played SM64:DS and the controls suck)

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 11:46:38 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
I never had any problem with SM64DS. Anywise, would a smash bros DS be better to have?
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
  • Surrender Global Forums
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 12:30:14 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I never had any problem with SM64DS. Anywise, would a smash bros DS be better to have?

No. I believe I said in another topc, SSB on DS would be overshadowed by Brawl.
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 12:35:03 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I personally disliked the control system of Phantom Hourglass. Using the stick gets in the way of actually looking at the screen to much :(

I did like SM64DS but I had no problem using the D-Pad.
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 12:43:18 am »

(Don't tell me that's not a problem, because I played SM64:DS and the controls suck)
The controls work! but defenitely not so good as it would have with a analog stick.
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007, 12:53:13 am »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.

The controls work! but defenitely not so good as it would have with a analog stick.

I have an "analog stick" simulator for the DS. n_n Improves the controls for SM64DS a little...

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2007, 12:55:15 am »
  • Bitte Scheiße
I second the PH statement. I hated its control system. Instead of smash bros DS or OOTDS, what about FSA DS?

~LynkW
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2007, 01:10:18 am »

I have an "analog stick" simulator for the DS. n_n Improves the controls for SM64DS a little...
Where can you buy that?
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2007, 01:30:31 am »
  • You got the Master Sword!
@skullkid: Guy 3 postsup is right. You have to be 13 or older to be here, unless your parents sign a COPPA form.
*bleep*......ok then >:D

Come hither o traveler... I sing ye a song yet so melancholy, my voice speaketh the epitaph of darkness.Come into my world young Hylian.Darkest apocalypse hour approaches...Awaken from thy slumber whilst destiny's dreaming of ye soul. Dost thou haveith the time to end thy slumber? Lest thee interfere with my plan, death shall find ye!My mask sees the beginning is the end...I am Majora!
  • zfgc
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2007, 03:35:48 pm »

Where can you buy that?

I bought at my local Walmart. In America, so I can't say anything about its availability in Europe. :< Its really like a thumbstrap that's the size of an average person's thumb with a point at the bottom. Supposedly, the point is like the stick itself and the thumbstrap part is like the head of the analog stick.

I should add that it was not a Nintendo product... I think it was MadCats or something like that.

• Super Smash Karts
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2007, 09:16:23 pm »
  • Drop down and give me 9000!
An analog stick would of been useful for the DS, however I can't see how it'd be able to fold up with one in it o.O.

I wonder if 3D games for the DS could eventually have an all-round smooth 3D engine that doesn't drop down in FPS. I mean I had no troubles with SM64DS or PH but I have FFIII and sometimes the framerate drops dramatically on the world map, and the graphics aren't necessarily better than those titles.

But still, like some of you I'd prefer a direct port of OOT, if only the DS could handle it, but a smaller screen resolution would also be a problem I'm guessing =/.
I like potato.
  • My Myspace

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2007, 10:53:26 pm »
  • Silly cat!
skullkid rules, I hope you didn't dismiss the Wind Waker and not play it at all because you thought the graphical style was "kiddy". If you did, I have minus infinite respect for you. Wind Waker's art style is colourful and family friendly, true, but it is also an amazing piece of art, and it brings more life to the world of Zelda and the character of Link, Zelda and Ganon than any Zelda game before (or after) it. The Wind Waker looks beautiful, and I don't think games like Twilight Princess would have been thought of any less if it used Wind Waker's cel shaded style... if anything, the game would have been more appreciated.

As for the OoT on DS idea, nah. I don't want any more Ocarina... I'd like a Four Swords MMORPG tight butthole, or something completely new. Maybe a sprite-based Zelda.

Hoffy.
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2007, 11:42:39 pm »
skullkid rules, I hope you didn't dismiss the Wind Waker and not play it at all because you thought the graphical style was "kiddy". If you did, I have minus infinite respect for you. Wind Waker's art style is colourful and family friendly, true, but it is also an amazing piece of art, and it brings more life to the world of Zelda and the character of Link, Zelda and Ganon than any Zelda game before (or after) it. The Wind Waker looks beautiful, and I don't think games like Twilight Princess would have been thought of any less if it used Wind Waker's cel shaded style... if anything, the game would have been more appreciated.
WTF? :o I love ww style its awsome i just think oot in ph style dosent work

Come hither o traveler... I sing ye a song yet so melancholy, my voice speaketh the epitaph of darkness.Come into my world young Hylian.Darkest apocalypse hour approaches...Awaken from thy slumber whilst destiny's dreaming of ye soul. Dost thou haveith the time to end thy slumber? Lest thee interfere with my plan, death shall find ye!My mask sees the beginning is the end...I am Majora!
  • zfgc
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 12:35:06 am »

That contradicts what you said earlier:

no... :'( because ph style is to of a kiddy style amagine fighting some of the monsters in oot as link frm ph :P

Windwaker and Phantom Hourglass have the same art style. :/

Did you mean that "The Windwaker/ Phantom Hourglass art style may not work on Ocarina of Time because OoT had a more realistic art style"?

• Super Smash Karts
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2007, 05:50:48 pm »

no... :'( because ph style is to of a kiddy style amagine fighting some of the monsters in oot as link frm ph :P

Did you mean that "The Windwaker/ Phantom Hourglass art style may not work on Ocarina of Time because OoT had a more realistic art style"?
YES XD FINALLY someone understands what im saying!

• zfgc

Giverny

Christ on Acid
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2007, 09:42:39 pm »
  • Bitte Scheiße
Somebody said smaller Reso on the screens would be worse? It'd be better, because if you can see less, then oot will run faster.
OOT on a PH engine would be a disaster because of PHs GFX(seriously, make a 2d game next time, Nintendo) and the way you control link.

@Skullkid:Try to make your posts more clearer next time.
THEGivernyPROJECT
~LynkW-Surrender Global
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2008, 12:06:57 am »

YES XD FINALLY someone understands what im saying!

Okay, in that case, think a little more about the words you're going to use next, okay? Sometimes, the words you use may make the difference between making someone happy or angry. :P

Somebody said smaller Reso on the screens would be worse? It'd be better, because if you can see less, then oot will run faster.

Not necessarily. First off, you won't see less. The game's perspective, projection, view, whatever you want to call it, will be the same, more or less, meaning you will see the same amount as you did in the TV. In fact, everything would be the same size (if you don't count the fact that the DS's screens are ALOT smaller than a TV's) just with less defined lines... (Look at Mario 64 and Mario 64 DS for what I mean, I don't think anyone will understand me the way I explained it).

Second: Because the screens are smaller doesn't mean the game will run any faster. In fact, it could run slower if the port is not done correctly (I doubt Nintendo would allow THAT, however). The DS IS more powerful than the N64, however, so a little bit of a speed up could be possible. :P But not because of the resolution.

OOT on a PH engine would be a disaster because of PHs GFX(seriously, make a 2d game next time, Nintendo) and the way you control link.

I happened to like PH's graphics. Of course, other systems could have displayed better 3D models, but still... They weren't terrible. I also liked the controls alot (except for the occasional "I'm blocking my own view!" part but that is almost inevitable with the DS). Maybe I liked the controls because I'm left-handed? :/ Anyhow, having said that, I'm on the opinion that OoT having a WW/PH art style would be like a new twist to OoT. :P It'd be odd for a while, at least.

• Super Smash Karts
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2008, 03:36:09 am »
  • Your expression has changed too
If Nintendo remakes an old Zelda game in PH style it should be LTTP. OOT is too recent to get a remake. (IMO)
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.335 seconds with 74 queries.

anything