Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chrono Collapse  (Read 2597 times)

AnimalCollective

Chrono Collapse
« on: November 27, 2006, 03:49:28 am »
This is a Chrono fan game, in the sense that I'm trying to recreate the Chrono Cross game-mechanics (with quite a few tune-ups) and come up with an original story line. 

Characters
So far there are 15 planned characters (and more to come), only 4 of which are required throughout game play. The others are recruitable through optional events like in Chrono Cross.

Elements
The elements system is also being incorporated into the game, however the style in which they are equipped is closer to Final Fantasy VII's materia system. You will still be able to use any healing elements your desire during the battle results screen.
Element types are still Black, White, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow.

Tech Skills
Characters will also have 4 tech skills and share 4 double techs with other characters.

Leveling
There won't be any levels, but sometimes stats will increase at the end of battles as it did in Chrono Trigger.

Equipment
You will be able to equip a total of 5 items: 1 weapon, 1 armor, and 3 accessories. All equipment is either found on maps, in battle or forged using raw materials obtained from enemies. Some equipment may also be disassembled so that you may reuse the materials, but this still cost money.

Items
The only items you obtain throughout the game will not be usable on your party. They will only be used to complete quests, trigger events, etc.

And finally... the screenshots!
Keep in mind, I'm still developing the engine... and I'm not even done with the menu yet >_<. All of these are in game though, and are not mock-ups.

Well... that's literally all that's done so far :/ I know it's nothing compared to Chrono Crisis but I'm proud of it, and I think it's going to up a half-decent game.
Re: Chrono Collapse
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 01:41:40 pm »
The menues and portraits look really slick. Did you make the graphics yourself?

It's up to you, but don't you think two armor parts and two accessories would be better? Just my opinion though.

Keep it up. ^^

-X-

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 02:05:59 pm »
I also really like the menu, seems very easy to use, and I like menus that slide over (which it looks like this one does :P)

How much effect will elements have in the battle? I'm assuming the enemies will have weakness and strengths to certain elements. I guess my question is will the characters element develop a weakness Like if a red character gets attacked with a blue attack (or whatever color) will the attack be stronger because of opposing elements.

I like the screen, it just seems kind of dark
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 02:20:00 pm »
Wow, it indeed looks good :)
I like those menus.
Good luck with it ;)
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 02:53:44 pm »
Nicely done. RPG Maker, I assume?
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 07:40:19 pm »
Looks VERY good, I love the designs for the menu you made. ;D
  • RPG Empire

AnimalCollective

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 12:13:25 am »
@Soulrivers
None of the graphics are entirely custom. The characters are rips from Rudra's Treasure. The menu borders are custom, and the image inside of them was edited by me to give it a more futuristic look. I have no idea who created the portraits and if anyone does happen to know, please tell me so I can give them proper credit. All of the tilesets are from First Seed Materials. The font is also ripped directly from Chrono Cross.

@-X-
Yeah, all of the menu windows slide in from outside of the screen. I thought it was a pretty nifty effect :] As far as element influences, they will determine strength and weaknesses in battle (Black<->White, Red<->Blue, Green<->Blue). They also give a 50% bonus damage or healing effect is the user has the innate attribute of the element they are using. Oh, and the screens are dark because it supposed to be raining, I just haven't got around to making it yet >_<. There is also a layer of transparent black added under each menu and sub-menu.

@Ricky and Faldomar
Why thank you :]

@cb43569
Actually it's GM6.1. I tried learning Ruby, but got extremely bored very quickly. I also decided it would be easier to make an engine from scratch rather than editing an existing one that doesn't even remotely resemble the one I want to use for the finished product. Not to mention that I'm just a GM Fanboy :P
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 12:22:11 am »
GOOD !@#$% JESUS.
GM6.1?
God, it looks so beautiful, GIB DEZOMO NOW :D

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 02:47:55 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
make it live up to the chrono name or you will die >:(the same goes for chrono chrisis but im not making another post in that topic.

its very good,nice and sleek, and pretty colours!!!!!!

are you going to have a colour changing option in the menu? chrono trigger did, half the time i spent playing that game was fiddling with the colours to match the area i was in.

AnimalCollective

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 06:01:19 am »
Well, just to show you guys that work is being done, and to give you a little preview, here is my terrible catapillar system and my incomplete menu :] So far you can walk, view player stats, and view key items. If you would like, you could also enable the viewing of hidden files on your computer and edit the item icons, descriptions, and the background music :] Just remember, when editing the item descriptions, use a pound symbol (#) to start a new line. Starting a new line using the return key will result in the displayed description ending after the first line.

Download Size: 5,431 KB (Sorry, it's the MP3)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 53 queries.