Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: (OOT) Need help with defeating two Stalfos  (Read 2867 times)

(OOT) Need help with defeating two Stalfos
« on: November 30, 2006, 07:02:11 pm »
So, I managed to finally get into the Forest Temple (yes, I suck at OOT, sue me :P). And, now... I'm stuck. I just keep runnning straight forward and killing stuff and I end up in a room with two Stalfos. Nice models of Stalfos, by the way ::).

And anyway, how the HECK do you kill these things? I barely last 30 seconds. I can only ever hit ONE of them THREE TIMES, and then the killing strike comes from it and... GAME OVER.

How am I meant to defeat these things, armed with only 3 hearts, and a sword + shield?

Please help <_<.

PS: I have the capacity of five hearts, but I only get three after a Game Over (:() and of course I have the Hookshot...
Re: (OOT) Need help with defeating two Stalfos
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 07:07:50 pm »
Uhm, just use your shield and you are allright...just defend, then slash, and defend. It's really easy.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 07:08:31 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Defend yourself with your shield. And right after they strike you; you strike them
My name is Pitt
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 07:09:25 pm »
@Kleaver: They jump at me and somehow manage to hurt me even though I am defending... and I keep running into that other one :(.

@Neogeo-x: I've been doing that, but they keep leaping at me, and somehow still hurting me. See above reply...

EDIT: I tried again, went straight in, targeted one of the Stalfos, took out my trusty Hylian Shield, the Stalfos leapt at me, and... emptied all my three hearts in half a second <_<. So, yeah, I STILL NEED HELP.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 07:14:54 pm by cb43569 »
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 07:13:53 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Still, don't get *too* close when you defend.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 07:19:05 pm »
Um, if I stray back, I can't hit it, and then I eventually run into the other one :-[. This is embarassing, I can't even defeat a single Stalfos... :-[.
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 07:28:17 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Are you doing this on an emulator? If so, could you record it and put the video on the internet (youtube or something). That way I can see what you are doing wrong, since I can't really tell from your replies.

Maybe someone else can, but not me.
My name is Pitt
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 07:29:42 pm »
  • *whistle*
Try locking on, wait until they're gonna strike, then turn off Z-targeting, roll out of the way, turn around, and slash without a lock-on. Might work for you.

mit

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 07:35:40 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
Tut tut. Backflips are the answer.

If you lock onto one and stay locked on, the other shouldn't attack you, so keep the camera right and you won't walk into him. If you don't want to get near to attack, charge your sword up and release when they come near (or try the instant spin, by rotating the stick and hitting the sword button).
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 07:45:09 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
You can also try to slash at them while they're in the air, just before they hit you.  From my experience, if you do that, they'll keep trying to lunge at you like that until they die, or decide to defend.

Also, why do you only have five hearts?  You fight three bosses before becoming Adult Link, and that means you'd get three heart containers, making a total of 6...

-if you're really good at it, you'd know that on Death Mountian, you can do a backflip off of where there used to be a bomb flower, and if you do it just right, you'll land on top of the entrance to the Dodongo's Cavern, where there is a piece of heart.

-On Death Mountian, again, as a child, where you got the spin attack(or where you should have), you could take the ride Keapora Geabora offers you.  Once in Kakoriko, jump off the side of the building closest to the Graveyard.  Look carefully and fall on the porch.  Go inside, and get the piece of heart.

-Also inside Death Mountian, if you're fast enough, from the entrance of the top of the mountian, there should be a wall you can climb down.  Look carefully, and eventually you'll find a piece of heart.

-At Zora's River, as a child, you can take a Cucco up to the entrance to Zora's Domain if you're good enough, and then you could use it to float to the heart piece.  And later, as an adult, if you have a certian item, you can get another in the same area.

-At Gerudo Valley, jump down as close as you can to the waterfall at the north.  If done right, you'll be inside the waterfall, and you'll see a later you can climb up.  Once at the top, there will be a heart piece.

That should give you at least one extra heart contianer.
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 07:51:13 pm »
Are you doing this on an emulator?

No, the GameCube Collector's Edition.

Anyway, because of all your help folks, I managed to FINALLY do it, with one heart remaining at the end :P. Particular thanks to NeoGeo-x, mit and MyNameLawl.

Yay, now I get my final reward! A... key ???? I'm... disappointed :-\.
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 07:57:18 pm »
  • *whistle*
I'm pretty sure there's at least one more Stalfos fight in the dungeon, don't worry. :P
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 08:12:15 pm »
Ah, crap :P. Hopefully next time it won't be purely for ONE TINY KEYS. Come on, I've slayed monster, I've destroyed the Barinade, the Queen Gohma, I should RULE, but I can't kick down one lousy door :P? Now that's what I call being pwned.
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 08:15:16 pm »
  • *whistle*
Ah, crap :P. Hopefully next time it won't be purely for ONE TINY KEYS. Come on, I've slayed monster, I've destroyed the Barinade, the Queen Gohma, I should RULE, but I can't kick down one lousy door :P? Now that's what I call being pwned.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you get something SLIGHTLY better than one key for it next time...

Also, the doors are probably magic or something. I mean, some of them are really craaaaaaazy. Like the whole... well, I won't spoil it for you.

Also, wait until you fight Stalfos as a kid... ;P
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 08:20:42 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
You need all the keys to finish the entire dungeon so.. ;)
..that's what you get in return :P
My name is Pitt

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 08:27:45 pm »
  • Silly cat!
I like the MiniBoss Battle... Makes me feel like a real swordsman :). Anyway, yeah, for first-timers to Ocarina or the Zelda franchise as a whole, the Forest Temple can be a little tricky. The Forest Temple is also a great temple, in both atmosphere and puzzle-design. The trick to completing this dungeon is to use Dungeon Map and the Compass wisely, if you need a key, look at the map for unopened Treasure Chests. Fighting two Stalfos at once is nothing, wait until you get to the better parts of this game :).

Hoffy.
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 09:42:18 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Anyway, yeah, for first-timers to Ocarina or the Zelda franchise as a whole, the Forest Temple can be a little tricky.

I remember being stuck in the Forest Temple for months, because I hadn't figured out that I could climb the wall in the first room..

A friend eventually helped me out >_<
My name is Pitt
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 10:07:14 pm »
Why do you have only FIVE Heart Containers? O_o I had like 13 at that point in the game.
  • RPG Empire
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 10:26:50 pm »
  • *whistle*
Why do you have only FIVE Heart Containers? O_o I had like 13 at that point in the game.

Either a) he's trying to get through with very few hearts or b) he's kinda dumb.

But, then, a friend of mine, pretty much retarded when it comes to Zelda... had seven by the Forest Temple....
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 11:39:16 pm »
  • Back again.

Either a) he's trying to get through with very few hearts or b) he's kinda dumb.

But, then, a friend of mine, pretty much retarded when it comes to Zelda... had seven by the Forest Temple....

I lol'd so hard at that.  ;D oh, and 13? Isn't it like a max of 25 throughout the whole game? And you had 13 by the first REAL dungeon? Hmmmmm....
Just kinda moseying along.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 73 queries.