Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Do you agree that Twilight Princess was worth the extra one-year wait?

Yes
- 25 (73.5%)
No
- 9 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: TP was worth the wait, don't you agree?  (Read 3520 times)

Solarrain4

The Blurred Line In-Between
TP was worth the wait, don't you agree?
« on: December 27, 2006, 05:59:04 pm »
  • ...Is it recording?
Yeah, the game was WELL worth the wait. Who agrees?
06/29/2014 - forever and always <3

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: TP was worth the wait, don't you agree?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 09:01:26 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Yeah, I guess I'd say so. I'm only saying that in relation to the Wii controls, as I absolutely enjoy aiming with the bow. Some of the sword movements with the Wiimote make you feel very engaged with the game, so those controls were definitely worth waiting for. However, I still question what else Nintendo did with the game in that extra year...

Hoffy.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 09:10:58 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
Kind of; nowhere near what I was hoping for, but extremely fun and awesome anyway.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 09:15:09 pm »
  • *whistle*
No. The game, while possibly the finest I've ever played... was nowhere near as complete, polished and perfected as it should have been - like other Zelda titles.

To be perfectly honest, it STILL felt like they rushed it a little, especially towards the end.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 11:24:18 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Funny how Wind Waker was extremely rushed, and Twilight Princess is just the best made game in the series, but I still seem to like Wind Waker more than Twilight Princess.

Twilight Princess is the best game in the Zelda series and the best game Nintendo have ever made. But, it doesn't seem to find a place in my heart like other Nintendo games do.

Hoffy.
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 11:29:47 pm »
  • *whistle*
Well, WW annoyed me in two ways: The poor design of the overworld (A FUCKIN' BOAT? THAT TAKES LIKE, HALF AN HOUR TO GO ANYWHERE?) and the obviously missing dungeons. Nevertheless, the game was good.

TP annoys me in one, big way: Missed potential. I mean, this game could've been so much BETTER. More caves, more secret dungeons, more ways and places of using the items (For example, LOVED the idea of the spinner. In practise, it's useless because it doesn't do enough damage and slows down way too fast, and there's about three places where you can use it). More sidequests, more people to talk to, do things for. More minigames.

This is gonna sound bad, but I really think Nintendo could've afforded to take another couple of months and put... well... more into the game.
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 03:16:32 am »
  • Shunner of Light
Where would these "missing dungeons" in TWW be?  I am aware that about two dungeons were cut from the game because they didn't have enough time, but to me it seems as if they cut out everything to do with those dungeons, and actually had to change the plot(such as making the third important island destroyed).

I agree with almost the rest of what you've said.  TP's overworld should have had a lot more.  It felt too dungeon driven to me, kind of like OoT.

Davidius

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 03:57:38 am »
Not at all.

With the time they had so much more could've been added. Outside the main quest there was next to nothing and the main quest itself was pretty easy and it felt rushed towards the end.

Let's be honest, did they really do much in the final year besides Wii Remote support? They seemed to have taken things out. The trailers made it out to have more content, especially in boating and horse back fighting. Not to mention many of the areas shown in much of the previews never appeared at all. I know that developers tend to take bits out and add bits in but some of the best looking areas in the game seemed to have simply vanished.

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 03:59:03 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
I feel it was worth the wait. It's a great game so far, and has replaced MM as my favorite in the series.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 04:04:58 am »
yeah
I never was very excited for it until a few days before getting it
its a pretty generic zelda game that I think anyone could've really come up with but I still enjoy it, its one of those games that inspires me both from things in the game, and things that could be in the game.
I'd still rank ww and mm above tp though

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 05:04:50 am »
  • Silly cat!
To be honest I went into Twilight Princess expecting something like Ocarina, Majora and Wind Waker put together. I was expecting the common Zelda aspects of Ocarina of Time (like the whole save the Princess fight Ganondorf thing), the dark atmosphere, amazing detail and deep side quests from Majora's Mask (I was really hoping for another Bomber's Notebook -- I miss the Anju and Kafei love quest :() and the gargantuan size and detailed character expression and detail from Wind Waker. Turns out a lot of things I got was from Ocarina of Time, my least favourite out of the 3D Zeldas. I just didn't get what I want.

I hope Zelda Wii is something like Majora's Mask. I really want another emotionally sad tale, I want a Zelda that explored every single NPC in the game, like Majora's Mask did.

Still, Twilight Princess is an excellent game and a game that reminds me of why I like The Legend of Zelda. The game definitely brings back memories from Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 05:07:50 am by Hero of Fire »

Hoffy.
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 05:13:18 am »
  • hehe
i luved tp
but nintendo made it sound better than it was
like telling us that the bow handled like a real bow
still tp is definatley one of the best zeldas
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 02:50:39 pm »
It handles a lot more like a real bow than it does in other games, with pushing a button and then wiggling your thumb around a little...
Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 01:08:23 am »
  • hehe
It handles a lot more like a real bow than it does in other games, with pushing a button and then wiggling your thumb around a little...
u dont hafta wiggle ur tumb
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 03:52:10 am »
  • Your expression has changed too
Not everyone has a Wii you know. Some of us bought the game on *GASP* GAMECUBE! :o
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 04:01:15 am »
HELL YES.

Best graphics, gameplay, story, characters, ending ever.
the a o d c
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 08:40:42 pm »
no u but u us teh cntrol stic
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006, 09:05:17 pm »
So far upto the 2nd major dungeon, it's very exciting. I loved that boss fight right before this part of the game. Im trying to not spoil anything, but still. THAT fight was FUN as hell on the Wii-mote.
  • RPG Empire
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006, 09:16:48 pm »
  • =/
HELL YES.

That is arguable. The final battle in Twilight Princess was not as epic as most of the other 3d Zelda games. I was expecting a bit more of a WW-ish ending as in: It looked like the world was flooding, Ganon was going insane, Zelda actually did something instead of standing there looking like an idiot, etc. Twilight Princess' final battle was like fighting Majora but with Ganon instead. (A pretty boring, sword only battle in the middle of no where.)

Twilight Princess as a whole, was worth the wait but there where the few small things that pissed me off. Not being able to pick up enemies weapons was one of them. Epona's running animation. The list goes on.
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2006, 09:19:00 pm »
HELL YES.

That is arguable. The final battle in Twilight Princess was not as epic as most of the other 3d Zelda games. I was expecting a bit more of a WW-ish ending as in: It looked like the world was flooding, Ganon was going insane, Zelda actually did something instead of standing there looking like an idiot, etc. Twilight Princess' final battle was like fighting Majora but with Ganon instead. (A pretty boring, sword only battle in the middle of no where.)

Twilight Princess as a whole, was worth the wait but there where the few small things that pissed me off. Not being able to pick up enemies weapons was one of them. Epona's running animation. The list goes on.

That's odd, I thought that the Majora battle was the second best (TWW Ganondorf being the first) end fight in the series. I mean he had some wicked cool forms, and if you don't use Fierce Diety Link, he puts up quite the fight.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.275 seconds with 80 queries.