Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Shuriken/ item ideas  (Read 8152 times)

Re: Shuriken?
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2007, 05:10:32 pm »
one of those super large shurikens(like from naruto) that link throws, but is able to control its flight path. kind of like the magical boomerang in the oracle games, except it doesn't come back unless you want it too.  that'd be nice to play with.
Thats called a Windmill Shuriken. That would be one of the uniqe things Ninty could have, It would be like an upgrade for the boomerang.
Or it could replace the Bombchus/Bomblings.  I hated not being able to determine their paths(although they helped me take out some Dinalfoes in the Cave of Ordeals).
Did you just spoil TP for me foo!?
Boomarang=Magical and Childish
The Boomerang has Australian origins, silly D:. 'Twas not some idea of "magic" or "children", it came from my home ;-;...

Anyway, you're all being silly. Although the Legend of Zelda series has always been predominantly a medieval fantasy in terms of culture, architecture, creatures, landscape and of course, tools and items, the series does throw a lot of other cultural influences into account. Asian, Australia, African and South American, they all appear somewhere throughout the series. For example, the Shiekah are often referred to as a tribe of skilled shadow ninjas. The Garos from Majora's Mask also had some ninja associated weapons and movements. I could go on, but it's the Ninja that this topic is related to.

Ninjas do appear throughout Zelda, so it wouldn't make too much sense not to find shuriken in on one of the games. The aforementioned Boomerang has an Aboriginal background, but no part of the franchise actually relates to anything Australian. Through this, the shuriken wouldn't at all feel out of place in the Zelda universe. However, from a gameplay standpoint, the shuriken are pathetic. They're just projectiles -- they'd work like arrows, basically. They don't do anything completely different to items you'd already receive. Unless of course, Nintendo found some sort of interesting twist for these items... which is possible. Nintendo do have creative minds, so it's likely that they could find some unique use for shuriken, like firing a certain number at the same time to hit switches that need to be hit simultaneously. Or something.

One more point I'd like to make is that Nintendo do like to throw other cultures into the series. The best example is the Wind Waker -- you were a sailor. 'Nuff said. You took on different cultures other than medieval sword-fighting and horse-riding. In the beginning of Twilight Princess, you were a wrangler and a farmhand... With the risk of becoming too much like Naruto, Nintendo could easily have a game where Link is brought up in more an Asian Hyrule, in which is raised to be a ninja. Sounds silly, of course, but considering the way Nintendo pulled off Wind Waker, I don't doubt that whatever game that uses these cultural influences could still be a Zelda game at heart.
This is exactly what I was going for, though I phailed. OT: I didn't know you were Austrailian.
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2007, 06:58:28 pm »
  • [sic]
With the risk of becoming too much like Naruto, Nintendo could easily have a game where Link is brought up in more an Asian Hyrule, in which is raised to be a ninja.
So when did Ninjas become a Naruto thing and not vice-versa? >_>
Good god, we are so close-cultured that we don't even really have the merit to even discuss this.
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2007, 08:02:37 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
i only mentioned naruto because it was the only place i had seen one of those huge shuriken.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2007, 11:24:33 pm »
  • Silly cat!
With the risk of becoming too much like Naruto, Nintendo could easily have a game where Link is brought up in more an Asian Hyrule, in which is raised to be a ninja.
So when did Ninjas become a Naruto thing and not vice-versa? >_>
Good god, we are so close-cultured that we don't even really have the merit to even discuss this.
That's completely beside the point I was trying to make in my post. Ninjas aren't a "Naruto thing", Ninjas are apart of Asian Culture. What I meant when I said that was that if Nintendo did cook up an Asian Hyrule with Link raised as a Ninja, it could be possible that the game would seem a little too much like Naruto. So in essence, I didn't say that if this happened, Zelda would become like Naruto, I said that Zelda would take on Asian influences which would be similar to that seen in the Naruto series.

Now that was a complete waste of time, and a subject that shouldn't have been discussed. I don't see how my post was close-cultured. You probably should have argued against my entire post, rather than argue against one of the smaller points I made, which didn't really contribute to the subject of my post.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 11:26:46 pm by Hero of Fire »

Hoffy.
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2007, 11:31:56 pm »
  • Shunner of Light
Or it could replace the Bombchus/Bomblings.  I hated not being able to determine their paths(although they helped me take out some Dinalfoes in the Cave of Ordeals).
Did you just spoil TP for me fool!?

Nope.

Busternaut

Re: Shruiken?
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2007, 03:33:50 am »
I guess no one checks out my fangame. It has a lot of new and unique items, but we haven't revealed a lot of them.

That's cause your game isn't a legit zelda....in other words it doesn't matter.

Also Shuriken has got to be the god damn stupidest idea i've ever heard!

Has Link ever gotten anyother asianesque weapons before? No, and until he does i will always think this is a stupid idea.

Mateus

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2007, 02:56:07 am »
Sorry but the idea of Shurikens don't really suit well in a Zelda game.
Also Regulus you don't have to be so mean to him. It was only an idea.

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2007, 01:45:51 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
keep it medi evil no matter the weapon imagine Link driving a mustang and trying to rescue Zelda from Alqueda O.o 
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories

Mateus

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2007, 02:13:58 am »
I think that went a little to far Antidote.
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2007, 02:53:58 am »
  • Shunner of Light
keep it medi evil no matter the weapon imagine Link driving a mustang and trying to rescue Zelda from Alqueda O.o 

That would be awesome!  At least it would, for a more of a stand-alone Zelda game like LA, MM, or TWW.

Although, I don't think that analogy is true to the idea brought up in this thread.

Mateus

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2007, 02:17:31 am »

That would be awesome!  At least it would, for a more of a stand-alone Zelda game like LA, MM, or TWW.

Although, I don't think that analogy is true to the idea brought up in this thread.
None of those are "stand-alone" if i understand what you mean.
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2007, 02:49:44 am »
  • Shunner of Light

None of those are "stand-alone" if i understand what you mean.

Why not?  They all introduced ideas that aren't used in any other Zelda games, which sets them apart from others.  LA is just funking crazy; MM has the time system and the darkest storyline; and TWW takes place on a sea instead of some medi evil country or world.
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2007, 02:54:46 am »
Yeah, but none are modern or that extreme.

Plus, I think this was settled at HoF's post, like he said, the boomerang is Australian, and somethings like the spinner are not even possible today.
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2007, 06:00:15 pm »
Hi.
First let me say that in my opinion HoF's point is valid and I'm not trying to dispute that however I still don't think that just because Zelda allows for items from other cultures that they necessarily fit with the style.

How would we feel if in the next Zelda Game Link ends up finding a........Hmmmnnn... this is hard most of the things that clash the with the style the most are either Japanese or stupidly modern like a gun but that wouldn't be a fair comparesen at all......

What they could do is put blades on the boomerang or something like that.

I do think Nintendo should add some new weapons but something that seems slightly more "Heroish" like a lance or a Helmet or something.
Somehow I just can't see Link sneaking along in the shadows and throwing a Shuriken at someone.
it might be good for an enemy though.
also I seem to remember that in "Super Smash Bros Melee" Shiek had throwing stars.
Ya I'm a show off.
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2007, 07:50:39 pm »
  • Hookshot to the Future!
Hi.
First let me say that in my opinion HoF's point is valid and I'm not trying to dispute that however I still don't think that just because Zelda allows for items from other cultures that they necessarily fit with the style.

How would we feel if in the next Zelda Game Link ends up finding a........Hmmmnnn... this is hard most of the things that clash the with the style the most are either Japanese or stupidly modern like a gun but that wouldn't be a fair comparesen at all......

What they could do is put blades on the boomerang or something like that.

I do think Nintendo should add some new weapons but something that seems slightly more "Heroish" like a lance or a Helmet or something.
Somehow I just can't see Link sneaking along in the shadows and throwing a Shuriken at someone.
it might be good for an enemy though.
also I seem to remember that in "Super Smash Bros Melee" Shiek had throwing stars.
i know your new but this a graveyard post :P , but im just saying ahead of time of a admin/mod says :P
Check my ZRPG development blog at rev2k9blog.spaces.live.com
  • My Blog
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2007, 07:54:41 pm »
Uh, you don't have to point out the obvious, REV2K7, but his or her post has enough content, so it is fine.
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2007, 12:03:12 am »
Graveyard? Oops. XD
Sorry didn't notice how long it had been since people were still talking about this.

Uh, you don't have to point out the obvious, REV2K7, but his or her post has enough content, so it is fine.

Hmmmmmnn. Sorry since I'm new can you explain how my post having enough content justifies it being a graveyard post. am I missing the meaning of "graveyard post"?

also for future reference I'm a guy so "his post" would be appropriate.

PS. My first post and I make a fool of my self.....  :(  Oh well.
Ya I'm a show off.
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2007, 12:11:25 am »
Graveyard? Oops. XD
Sorry didn't notice how long it had been since people were still talking about this.

Hmmmmmnn. Sorry since I'm new can you explain how my post having enough content justifies it being a graveyard post. am I missing the meaning of "graveyard post"?

also for future reference I'm a guy so "his post" would be appropriate.

PS. My first post and I make a fool of my self.....  :(  Oh well.
It means that you are a very powerful necromancer and can bring this thread back to life. XD
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2007, 12:17:33 am »
Mwahahahaha! Rise Forth And Do My Bidding! Graveyard Post I Command You!  >:D

but seriously this was a good topic what happened? 
Ya I'm a show off.
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2007, 12:20:13 am »
Mwahahahaha! Rise Forth And Do My Bidding! Graveyard Post I Command You!  >:D

but seriously this was a good topic what happened? 
n00b, I'm already a lich. Beat that.

Seriously, I guess 4Sword just didn't have a wooden foreign object lodged deeply in his anus today. :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 74 queries.

anything