Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion  (Read 1487 times)

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
« on: March 24, 2007, 03:38:32 pm »
Expecting this game to be something big and stuff. I find it kinda boring. The world looks pretty dead to me. NPCs have almost nothing to say. And my character remains weak all the time.

What am I missing here  ::)
Re: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 04:03:33 pm »
  • IBV
You're missing mods.

Too bad the biggest mod wiki for oblivion is down (and has been for a long time).

See for alternative places here: http://www.google.com/search?q=oblivion%20mod%20wiki&hl=en

I have seen mods making Imperial City become huuuuge (with loads of people), you'll need a pretty good computer. Then there are mods to make people appear on the paths outside, and mods that make nights in the major cities "dangerous".
About being weak. This is more a "feature". It's supposed to be hard to level up. But the normal skill-system sucks. Mainly because you have to sleep to level up and then you have to use a lot of strategy to max everything up in the end (you sometimes actually have to make sure you don't increase skill in something!). There should be a mod that will let you equip a ring so you can change the system. The better system is to just have the level as an average. This way skills will change attributes, which will set the level. No need to sleep, and no need to think alot about what attributes to increase.

Must have mods:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Must_Have_Mods
(Note that this wiki is a walkthrough wiki, which WILL spoil the game if you read other pages)
My signature is empty.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 10:18:46 pm »
  • odens knop
I thought that Oblivion was OK, I got stuck at some spot and the game kept freezing so I uninstalled it and deleted it cause I got really pissed, but the part I played was fun.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 10:25:54 pm »
Do you really need mods to make it fun?

The beginning scene was really awesome. With the sewer and stuff. But way too much stuff that remains unexplained. And the quest system looks kinda bad. I dunno.

I just want an addictive RPG game :D Any other ideas?
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 10:28:18 pm »
Honestly if you play through it, it'll get fun, there is SOOOOOOOO much to learn about the world, And with yoo being weak, have you done the Kvatch part yet? Because you can't actually level up till you do it.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 10:50:43 pm »
Honestly if you play through it, it'll get fun, there is SOOOOOOOO much to learn about the world, And with yoo being weak, have you done the Kvatch part yet? Because you can't actually level up till you do it.

Is that the main quest? I'm terrible with names  XD
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 10:56:22 pm »
I dunno how to say this without spoiling it for you, its the main quest yes, its when you'r going to find Martin Septim... The Emperors Heir...
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 11:30:15 pm »
So I have to do that one first, after that I could start the sidequests and such?
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 11:32:17 pm »
So I have to do that one first, after that I could start the sidequests and such?
You've only got to do upto the Cloud Runner Temple then you can do what ever you want to.
(btw speak to everyone in the Cloud Runner Temple one of them gives you a free horse)
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 11:42:11 pm »
  • =/
 Want Oblivion to be fun? Steal and murder, this will allow you to join the two funnest guilds in the game, the Dark Brotherhood (Murder.) and the Thieves guild. Both have their own quest lines, both are interesting and give you some nice items near the end.
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 12:09:12 am »
Want Oblivion to be fun? Steal and murder, this will allow you to join the two funnest guilds in the game, the Dark Brotherhood (Murder.) and the Thieves guild. Both have their own quest lines, both are interesting and give you some nice items near the end.

Yeah, that has been very tempting as it was pretty much the only funny thing left to do.
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 12:14:49 am »
Get a console version.
the a o d c
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 12:46:59 am »
There are some good quests in Chorrol and Bravil if you haven't done them already.  Also, you could join a Guild (Mages' or Fighters' or both).  Also, if Oblivion doesn't work out, I've heard good things about Jade Empire.  I haven't gotten around to playing it, though.
Well the wind that blows, it's blowing colder.
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 03:03:39 am »
I highly recommend doing the Dark Brotherhood quests. A lot of murder quests, including a good murder mystery. All you have to do is kill a civilian and go to sleep, and then their leader will invite you to join. You can even become a vampire eventually ;)

It can be fun to fight at the arena in the main city. There are a good few challenging opponents, and you also get paid for every fight.

I forget what guild it was for (it might have been for the Dark Brotherhood) but I loved doing this quest where I was searching for some crazy guy or something, and I got to read his diary. It was really, really messed up and twisted. I loved it. Seriously, the literature in this game is one of its best aspects.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 03:28:28 am »
Also, make sure you download all the patches if you're playing on the PC.  I've run across a couple serious bugs.
Well the wind that blows, it's blowing colder.
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 11:09:01 am »
My Favourite quest is the one where you have to find the run ashore ship. The Dreamworld quest was just friggin annoying >_< and the quests to get into the White Stallions are impossible, seriously when does that guy show up?

Anyway as for other good RPGs I hear Dark Messiah is supposed to be good, it looks like the style of gameplay is in the same vein as Oblivion.
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 09:26:14 pm »
  • =/
I forget what guild it was for (it might have been for the Dark Brotherhood) but I loved doing this quest where I was searching for some crazy guy or something, and I got to read his diary. It was really, really messed up and twisted. I loved it. Seriously, the literature in this game is one of its best aspects.
Yea, last quest for the Dark Brotherhood. I loved that book to... I have it hotkeyed just for laughs.

*Starts murmuring: Kill them, kill them, kill them, black, green, blue, RED"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 71 queries.

anything