Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

How do they look?

Sweet
Cool
Average
Meh
Try again

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina of Time items (Looksies only, please)  (Read 4410 times)

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
Re: Ocarina of Time items (Looksies only, please...
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 07:49:22 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Nice going DJ and good to see you return. Hope you stay awhile.  ;)

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 07:52:51 pm »
  • I murder your toys as well
Beautiful!

I'd love to be able to use these. D: Curse you DJ

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 01:07:01 am »
Sweet! Those are so awesome DJ. Everything on there looks great! And you kept the LTTP theme perfectly. Now for things that I think could improve a bit; Maybe the hammer head could take on the shape from OOT rather then being a rectangle as it was in LTTP? It would still pass just fine as is. Just a suggestion. Also, the only thing on the bow that I think could be better is maybe adding a little color to the grip part? Some blue with red in between, and red tips on the very point ends of the actual bow. Lastly on the long shot maybe a splash of aqua in between the purple and grey areas. Other then those few things I don't know how it could get any better. How does it all look at 0x magnification?

This is too good lol. Not only do you return after soo... so long you bring with you sprites! !@#$% do I miss the good old days when everybody sprited so much... You and DM were the reason I got involved in it. Times have definately changed haha.

But this kind of stuff makes me feel all good inside to see. DM was here not so long ago too but he didn't stay very long and never made a sprite. I miss you both. Remember spriters faction lol? That never really went the way we planned but it was fun while it lasted. I used to live for this !@#$% but after I lost touch with everybody and the graphics department kind of died out on here I just lost the spirit.

Even when I visit places like pixeltendo or pixelation I can't find the inspiration to sprite anymore. I feel like its there inside me, but I just don't have the drive to get over that first hump. And now it feels like I just don't have time for that kind of stuff anymore. The last few days Ive been thinking of getting back into art though. Starting with sketches, and coloring and so on... I found my old portfolio. Maybe I will sprite again one day hehe.

Until then keep it going man, for old times sake lol.
We may be human. But we're still animals.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 08:35:28 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Spriter's Faction! Quite possibly the sweetest ZFGC pixelation exclusive spin-off in the history of ZFGC pixelation exclusive spin-offs! >D!
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007, 07:56:29 pm »
  • Lul
Nice!! I think they look clean, w3ll done!   
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 10:35:30 pm »
Nice work, the goron could use some nostrils, because though most things don't its big enough to have them. The spells need to seem inside the crystal. Look at the screen and you see that the glare covers up part of it. The bombchu could use a tiny bit of shading on the eyes. The uh, one mask(I seem to have forgotten the name) the one to the left of "SOLD OUT" looks too wide, because you can't make it any taller, it needs to be thinner. The same for the Hylian shield and Mirror shield, though those you can't do much with. The gauntlets have full fingers, cut down about 3 pixels. I think the scary mask could use one more darker shade of brown. Other than that they are awesome, much better than I could do.

Also, good to see you back.
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 11:45:08 pm »
Nice work, the goron could use some nostrils, because though most things don't its big enough to have them. The spells need to seem inside the crystal. Look at the screen and you see that the glare covers up part of it. The bombchu could use a tiny bit of shading on the eyes. The uh, one mask(I seem to have forgotten the name) the one to the left of "SOLD OUT" looks too wide, because you can't make it any taller, it needs to be thinner. The same for the Hylian shield and Mirror shield, though those you can't do much with. The gauntlets have full fingers, cut down about 3 pixels. I think the scary mask could use one more darker shade of brown. Other than that they are awesome, much better than I could do.

Also, good to see you back.
I made an item sheet like this once before myself. It's pretty difficult to make things like the Mask of Truth or Hylian & Mirror shields thinner. All three of them have a certain amount of things you gotta kinda try and fit in them, so they look right. You could arrange the pixels in a way so that it could be thiner but then it looks messy and not as distinguished. Also the goron mask would be hard to put nostrils on because of the amount of space. They would either be touching the corners of his eyes or els his mouth, or else joined together (which would appear as a little black line in his face)
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 11:53:27 pm »
The Megaton hammer sprite needs a lot of work.The shape is all wrong.Overall though,pretty cool.But I have
a sheet of my own that I spent lots more time on.For one thing,the outlines and background aren't the same
color. :P And I think the sheet everyone's talking about is this same one.DJ first posted it years ago,either
at the forum's original home on ezBoard or shortly after the move to Invision.
Postscript:Why is it,that on all the item sheets like this I've seen,they don't use the sprite of the boomerang from when it comes out of the chest?

If you're wondering about the I'm Sorry, that's aimed at TFW2005, for all the good it does.

Collided Worlds on indefinite hiatus due to being in need of heavy rewrites. I am instead working on some smaller crossovers, such as a My Little Pony and Power Rangers crossover.

Brony
  • Linkosaurus Forums

bDawk2016

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2007, 06:35:01 pm »
looks GREAT... except the bottles. its hard to see inside them. also idk why you would spend so much time taking oot items and converting them into sprites... why not just use the pics of oot?  :P nice job

yay my first post...
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2007, 07:39:10 pm »
Holy crap, DJV is still alive. :O

Awesome stuff, dude. I think the Dins fire and other ones need a bit of work though.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2007, 06:18:28 pm »
  • Colbydude was here.
SHHHHAWWWWWN :D! I'd hug you, but you but you have no arms :D
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2007, 11:21:50 pm »
Exactly what Shawn said + to consider the dins fire and that being updated, look at the crystal like effect on the moon pearl from lttp and try and approach them from that style.

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 61 queries.