Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A mysterious villian I drew.  (Read 2507 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
A mysterious villian I drew.
« on: April 11, 2007, 05:45:17 am »
  • Silly cat!
I drew this during the last hour of the school term. It was Science, and my teacher was showing us a video of Doors playing Break on Through (to the other side). I was very confused by this, as one everyone else (I admit I sung along a little bit) but due to lack of doing something constructive, I drew this:

I know it's inspired by something I saw once, but I can't really point out what it is I was looking at. So I have no idea what it is inspired from, maybe you can figure that out. Oh, and I realize his right leg is a little funky.

C+C plx.

Hoffy.
Re: A mysterious villian I drew.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 07:33:13 am »
reminds me of two things. first; Kurosaki Ichigo.

two; Kratos.
[...The mystery of wireless, revealed...]

[...Ninjas...]
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 08:28:43 am »
  • odens knop

That's what I saw...?

pic ^^ drawn by some kid, couldn't find a better pose...
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 08:30:30 am »
  • Silly cat!

Well I've never seen that before, but the resemblance is uncanny.

Hoffy.

Chon

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 05:00:27 pm »
Reminds me of Blank to be honest..
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/47059429/?qo=4&q=blank+final+fantasy&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5
It's definitely a good design though!  I think it would improve if he had a bit more 'bulk' and his clothes were a bit looser as his arm bands look as though they are squeezing his muscle.  Good work on it though!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 05:56:18 pm »
  • Formerly P_C_G
reminds me of kenshi from mortal kombat lol good work
I am not new i just poke my head in from time to time
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 06:13:09 pm »
  • Fear my Blades
Reminds me of the Sand Wraith from PoP: Warrior Within

I can't find a particularly good picture of it, so this'll have to do

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 10:02:54 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Reminds me of Blank to be honest..
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/47059429/?qo=4&q=blank+final+fantasy&qh=boost%3Apopular+age_sigma%3A24h+age_scale%3A5
It's definitely a good design though!  I think it would improve if he had a bit more 'bulk' and his clothes were a bit looser as his arm bands look as though they are squeezing his muscle.  Good work on it though!
In response to your comment on bulkiness, while I was drawing him, I wanted to make him seem almost anorexic. I sort of wanted him to look like he hadn't eaten in a while, because I was sort of trying to convey mummified ninja sort of character. Or a man who had been locked away with nothing but his own swords. He probably could have more muscle, but I wanted him to be scrawny, even though he can wield two massive swords.

Hoffy.

Chon

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 10:24:49 pm »
In response to your comment on bulkiness, while I was drawing him, I wanted to make him seem almost anorexic. I sort of wanted him to look like he hadn't eaten in a while, because I was sort of trying to convey mummified ninja sort of character. Or a man who had been locked away with nothing but his own swords. He probably could have more muscle, but I wanted him to be scrawny, even though he can wield two massive swords.
Ahh I see, well in that case It's fine!  However, if you were going for the anorexic look I would give his cheek bone more structure,and less curviness if you know what I mean.:P The image ZServ postd is a good example of what I'm talking about.

I'd love to see your picture get colored!
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 10:35:26 pm »
  • :D
The character design is pretty good, but the drawing itself isn't so great.  Every part of him looks kinda round, almost gooey, like clay.  It's like he has no bones... look at how round his leg looks while bending... there is no knee @_@.

Also, kind of un-detailed, everything being too rounded... Also would benefit from some more shading.  He looks kinda 2d because of the basic shading.

The stance and perspective are odd as well, not consistent through the entire drawing...  btw my favorite part is his boot at the bottom, it just looks nice <_<
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 11:29:19 pm »
  • I murder your toys as well
Nice drawing, but not very scary.

He looks like a kid, just look at the hairlessness and the round face.

This user is on indefinite hiatus.
  • Facebook - Jeremy Elliott
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 11:53:49 pm »
  • Fear my Blades

So would I.  In fact I'll help you if you're not sure how to, lets start off by getting rid of all those ugly lines, and cleaning it up some.

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 01:44:50 am »

z0mg.
[...The mystery of wireless, revealed...]

[...Ninjas...]
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 02:28:48 am »
It's amazing how all these pictures are so similar to what HoF drew (then again, the sword behind the back thing is a bit common).

My only critisism is that your character looks as though it has a giant chin, and the leg looks like a noodle. XD Just make it more apparent to where the two parts of the leg meet with the knee joint seperating those two. :)
Hm... I should probably put something here...

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 08:41:33 am »
  • Silly cat!
The character design is pretty good, but the drawing itself isn't so great.  Every part of him looks kinda round, almost gooey, like clay.  It's like he has no bones... look at how round his leg looks while bending... there is no knee @_@.

Also, kind of un-detailed, everything being too rounded... Also would benefit from some more shading.  He looks kinda 2d because of the basic shading.

The stance and perspective are odd as well, not consistent through the entire drawing...  btw my favorite part is his boot at the bottom, it just looks nice <_<
Yes, I noticed a lot of these points when I had completed the drawing. He seems extremely 2D, but I didn't really think he needed any shading. That's for the criticism, though .

So would I.  In fact I'll help you if you're not sure how to, lets start off by getting rid of all those ugly lines, and cleaning it up some.

Wow, err... thanks. I didn't really expect anyone to got to this much trouble. but umm, yeah, thanks anyway! I'll play around with your image in PS when I get around to it.

It's amazing how all these pictures are so similar to what HoF drew (then again, the sword behind the back thing is a bit common).
It's interesting, isn't it? Most conceptual art usually has the character in some kind of stance. I structured that stance without thinking, because it's just the sort of common stance you'd expect from such a character. Thanks for the criticism, by the way.

Hoffy.

Bistian

Procedurally generated bro.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 05:46:10 pm »
  • That's right, I'm back.
I drew this during the last hour of the school term. It was Science, and my teacher was showing us a video of Doors playing Break on Through (to the other side). I was very confused by this, as one everyone else (I admit I sung along a little bit) but due to lack of doing something constructive, I drew this:

I know it's inspired by something I saw once, but I can't really point out what it is I was looking at. So I have no idea what it is inspired from, maybe you can figure that out. Oh, and I realize his right leg is a little funky.

C+C plx.

Means this wednesday I fight his leg ???? XD

Okay,now without joke !
It´s good !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.553 seconds with 69 queries.