Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just a question about R4 DS  (Read 2101 times)

Just a question about R4 DS
« on: April 15, 2007, 05:28:36 pm »
I want to buy a Revolution 4 card for Nintendo DS (R4DS), but something bothers me: some say you can't download and play others say you can.. So what are your experiences, can or can't I download and play? Can I play with MarioKart DS with my friends?

btw I've checked the topic about the M3, but didn't want to grave dig and there the only answer was: "Most games work fine" ...
Re: Just a question about R4 DS
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 05:29:55 pm »
some games can, some can't
it isn't that important, the fact is it's the best flash cart you can buy, and the best thing you can buy for DS, period.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 05:45:27 pm »
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 05:49:19 pm »
and the new firmware just came out today with action replay built in, works like a charm :)
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 05:56:39 pm »
Isn't there somewhere an list that shows wich games the R4 does support for download play?
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 06:01:00 pm »
theres probably a compatibility list somewhere that specifies it..

but I've never cared enough to look
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 06:04:46 pm »
if you find it please post a link  :)
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 03:46:56 am »
  • w00t
Like Taka said, no other cart has full compatibility anyway, so you might as well go for it.  Also note that if the receiving DS is flashed with FlashMe, there's a higher chance of success.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 11:31:15 pm »
Yeah I'll probably have questions about the R4 too I ordered it yesterday! ;)
  • https://colbydude.com
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 03:15:00 am »
  • Maybe I'll just sit here and bleed at you.
R4 Rom compatibility list

Download Play on tested roms are noted.  Ctrl+F the specific games you wanna see. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 03:18:19 am by gildedlink »
  • Chaos Colosseum
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 07:13:40 am »
R4 Rom compatibility list

Download Play on tested roms are noted.  Ctrl+F the specific games you wanna see. 
LOL! I was just planning to post it! I e-mailed the Tech team from R4DS and they gave me a link to that list xD
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 01:17:40 am »
  • w00t
Of course, Googling "R4 compatibility" would have turned up that result as the very first hit...
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 11:59:22 pm »
  • Hookshot to the Future!
I want to buy a Revolution 4 card for Nintendo DS (R4DS), but something bothers me: some say you can't download and play others say you can.. So what are your experiences, can or can't I download and play? Can I play with MarioKart DS with my friends?

btw I've checked the topic about the M3, but didn't want to grave dig and there the only answer was: "Most games work fine" ...
Whats up wit R4 i just dont like the lil micro if you wait for the G6DS real there is no Combatly problems ? and for download you cant host games but can join.
Check my ZRPG development blog at rev2k9blog.spaces.live.com
  • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 01:15:20 am »
  • w00t
According to a review at SCdev, the G6 DS isn't really anything much.  It's basically like the current N-card clones (N-card, DSLinker, MagicKey 5, Express Card, etc) that all have internal memory, the main difference being that with the G6 you flash the slot-1 cart directory instead of routing it through slot-2 first.  Download Play compatibility isn't that great according to the review, there's no DLDI file so homebrew compatibility sucks, and I recommend external storage devices anyway since it makes it cheaper and easier to upgrade your storage capacity.

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 01:20:05 am »
  • Hookshot to the Future!
According to a review at SCdev, the G6 DS isn't really anything much.  It's basically like the current N-card clones (N-card, DSLinker, MagicKey 5, Express Card, etc) that all have internal memory, the main difference being that with the G6 you flash the slot-1 cart directory instead of routing it through slot-2 first.  Download Play compatibility isn't that great according to the review, there's no DLDI file so homebrew compatibility sucks, and I recommend external storage devices anyway since it makes it cheaper and easier to upgrade your storage capacity.
Well yes HOmebre isnt great for the G6 but for compatabilty for Commercial games it is great.

EDIT:G6DSReal will relase DLDI Driver for it so that will not be a problem also:D

i got a Old G6lite 512mb.
I Might get a DS Xtreme or a G6DS REAL.

I need to get a Wiikey 2 :P
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 01:34:40 am by REV2K6 »
Check my ZRPG development blog at rev2k9blog.spaces.live.com
  • My Blog

gm112

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 02:08:50 am »
The R4 no hesitation, as DanTheMan said it has very good compatibility  both pirated games and homebrew. Plus it's pretty damn cheap, only 45 USD.
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 03:33:30 am »
you can get it at sky2k for 35 USD >_>
srsly, external > internal storage

gm112

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 04:27:08 am »
By the way, flash memory only has a limited amount of read/write cycles. It would eventually die out.
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 04:36:07 am »
  • w00t
By the way, flash memory only has a limited amount of read/write cycles. It would eventually die out.

...microSD cards are flash memory too...  Writing to a microSD card too often would wear it out as well.  That's why we don't use a page file on the DS, as it would wear out the cards (well okay, the lack of a Memory Management Unit makes this nearly impossible anyway, but still)

gm112

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2007, 04:58:49 am »

...microSD cards are flash memory too...  Writing to a microSD card too often would wear it out as well.  That's why we don't use a page file on the DS, as it would wear out the cards (well okay, the lack of a Memory Management Unit makes this nearly impossible anyway, but still)
You're correct. But the thing is, microSD cards are replaceable. Meanwhile you have internal memory that's not. I mean, you could probably figure out the ID of the flashcard and google it. What's the point? I mean, you're limited with space with internal memory. The R4 is clearly the best though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 72 queries.

anything