Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshop Help  (Read 1010 times)

Photoshop Help
« on: June 03, 2007, 12:41:10 am »
  • Hookshot to the Future!
I got Cs3 and i wanted to know how to set up PS to make sprites what i mean is like grids and make it more less like im editing a actual photo , id like to sprite with PS but it is kinda confusing so if anyone got any tips plz tell me.
Check my ZRPG development blog at rev2k9blog.spaces.live.com
  • My Blog

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
Re: Photoshop Help
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 04:32:24 pm »
  • hungry..
Read the manual? / Search the help file. It's pretty extensive and will tell you how to turn on grids etc.

Probably the same as CS2 so grid is CTRL + '
  • My Blog

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 05:53:48 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
Well I have CS so im guessing its about the same so there is basically how you can configure PS grids for spriting:

To change the grid size go to:
Edit>Preferences>Guides, Grids & Slices

Then change "gridline every" to:
16 pixels for tiling
1 pixel for general spriting
or w/e to suit your needs

Then make sure View>Extras (ctrl+h) is checked along with View>Show>Grids (crtl+')
If you want things locked/snapped to the grid (especially useful in making tilesets) make sure View>Snap (shift+ctrl+;) is checked

Then when you start spriting you want to use the pencil tool since it is square and doesnt do any funky, AA, Circular crap that the brush tool does. The pencil tool should be found by clicking and holding down the Brush icon on the toolbar then click the pencil (unless CS3 is different)

Remember, above all else, layers are you friend so you can build up your sprite without messing up something you've already done!

Edit- If you need any other pointers on how to work PS just PM and I'll see what I can do for you.

- The friendly neighborhood PS Angel
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 05:55:35 pm by CrystalAngel04 »
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 09:15:15 pm »
  • Hookshot to the Future!
ok , thx , i knew bout how to get pencil :D
Check my ZRPG development blog at rev2k9blog.spaces.live.com
  • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 09:35:45 pm »
I suggest you to use paint shop pro, it's quicker and better for spriting than photoshop. Paint shop pro lets you scroll-zoom(very useful for spriting) and also, because it's smaller and takes less memory/cpu usage. It's very quick and wouldn't lag so fast when you have more processes running. But yeah, photoshop is also good for spriting, especially better than paint.
  • Virtual Security

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 10:33:09 pm »
  • hungry..
I suggest you to use paint shop pro, it's quicker and better for spriting than photoshop. Paint shop pro lets you scroll-zoom(very useful for spriting) and also, because it's smaller and takes less memory/cpu usage. It's very quick and wouldn't lag so fast when you have more processes running. But yeah, photoshop is also good for spriting, especially better than paint.
EW!

I used to use paintshop pro... it's really quite awful. And "scroll-zoom"? I presume you mean, zoom using the scroll wheel... Photoshop has that? ... Paintshop Pro doesn't have anything that Photoshop doesn't.
  • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 06:14:36 pm »
EW!

I used to use paintshop pro... it's really quite awful. And "scroll-zoom"? I presume you mean, zoom using the scroll wheel... Photoshop has that? ... Paintshop Pro doesn't have anything that Photoshop doesn't.
That's not true, It's your opinion, prove that photoshop has all paint shop pro functions... I have a friend of me and he use Photoshop CS3 and wants to use the tool "JPG artifact removal tool" in example, he has to download PSP9 for it because Photoshop CS3 doesn't have the function. Photoshop is less good in spriting than Paint shop pro does, you don't have to use any filters for spriting except for people who can't sprite without.
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 09:50:34 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev
Photoshop is perfect for spriting. It has anything you could need (Grids, Pencil Tool, Layers (yes!), Other stuff).
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 09:53:14 pm »
  • Fendez Coder
Er...use MS Paint? it makes sense..........lol.

Och vi som väntar på något gott vi väntar alltid för länge jag vet, jag vet
men ett liv med låga krav är som sommar utan sol och vinter utan snö
Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 05:59:40 am »
EW!

That's not true, It's your opinion, prove that photoshop has all paint shop pro functions... I have a friend of me and he use Photoshop CS3 and wants to use the tool "JPG artifact removal tool" in example, he has to download PSP9 for it because Photoshop CS3 doesn't have the function. Photoshop is less good in spriting than Paint shop pro does, you don't have to use any filters for spriting except for people who can't sprite without.
Unfortunately for you though, you've picked a bad example as CS3 does have that function.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 09:34:13 am »
  • hungry..
Proof? I used PSP from version 6 to version 9, and now use Photoshop. You'd think there'd be a valid reason for swapping, right?
  • My Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.618 seconds with 58 queries.

anything