Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I (was) fooping peed.  (Read 2025 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
I (was) fooping peed.
« on: June 27, 2007, 07:16:23 am »
  • Silly cat!
Remember that Xbox 360 I bought that didn't work? Yeah, well, good news is, I got a new one. But, oh! As soon as I set it up and turn it on, I get the SAME FLOPPING SYSTEM ERROR. OH JUST FOMPING SWELL. Talk about bad luck, right?

So after hitting random walls and insulting my Xbox 360's mother, I decided to take out all the cords and plug everything back in. It worked. Diddly-dee. So I went along, not caring, playing the console for a couple hours. I come back a few hours later and discover that I get a system error again. And then it just starts acting really weird and it doesn't even turn on when I push the button. But, I kept trying and eventually I got it to work.

So you see my problem. Sometimes my 360 works, and sometimes it doesn't. Just like those old N64 cartridges except I've got nothing to blow.

I went and looked up a few things, and discovered that I could possibly counter this problem with an update. But the only way to get an update would be to connect to Xbox Live and pay for the sign-up. Which I don't want to do right now, because I don't even know if I'll be keeping this console.

I guess I may as well take it back to the store again and this time get my money back. It's a great console, but I don't want it if it's just going to go brain-dead randomly. The Wii would never do that to me >_>...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 11:00:37 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
Re: I'm !@#$% pissed.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 07:18:43 am »
 :o That's not bad luck, you didn't have to buy a xbox360 at the first place. I hope you can get your money back.
  • Virtual Security

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 07:28:25 am »
  • Silly cat!
Yeah, I can get my money back easy. I'm just annoyed that I would getting these problems, It's just bad service on Microsoft's part and a big load of !@#$% for me to deal with.

Hoffy.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 07:31:18 am »
Yeah, I can get my money back easy. I'm just annoyed that I would getting these problems, It's just bad service on Microsoft's part and a big load of !@#$% for me to deal with.
What are you going to buy when you get your money back? You could buy a lot good stuff with it.
  • Virtual Security

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 07:31:51 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
Might depend on when it was built. Older 360s will do that to you. If possible, try to buy an elite package. They're new, and according to what I've read, aren't as buggy as the other versions.

Plus it's black and oh so sexy.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 07:34:27 am »
Might depend on when it was built. Older 360s will do that to you. If possible, try to buy an elite package. They're new, and according to what I've read, aren't as buggy as the other versions.

Plus it's black and oh so sexy.
There is a chance that it will have the same error, so if that happens, Hoffy will be pissed again and he need to bring it back to the store.
  • Virtual Security

Source

Internet Tough Guy.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 07:35:54 am »
  • Things to see and people to do.
Nah, the bug occurs mainly in the hardware, IIRC. The Elite's hardware was improved and supposedly didn't crash anymore.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone thought to themselves "You know, I really want to set those people over there on fire." - George Carlin

(!@#$%)

Hear the haunting words (They'll find you alone)
lost children with no heart are crying (Turning their hearts into stone)
and you're the lost mother they're calling
Go now, run and hide (seek more than vengeance)
I hear them crying at night (your pain is their satisfaction)
outside when the planets are falling (for the rest of time)
They want to feel and know you hear them (Go now, run and hide)

• http://giantcock.netne.net/

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 07:41:35 am »
  • Silly cat!
I'll have to think about it. I wanted a Elite in the first place. I DO like the 360, but now I'm just paranoid that whatever new one I buy won't work when I pull it out of the box. I can understand that both 360s were bought in the same store, and they're probably older models, but I'm still paranoid.

I'm gonna go get my money back tonight.

Hoffy.
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 07:51:18 am »
Ahh, that brings back memories of the good ol' BSOD. Seriously, return it and get another one.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 10:59:05 am »
  • Silly cat!
Well I returned it and got my money back and that was that. I might wait a while before I do something with the money. Maybe I don't really want a 360...

And sorry if this topic had one too many profanities, I hope you can understand, though.

Hoffy.
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 11:05:59 am »
Well I returned it and got my money back and that was that. I might wait a while before I do something with the money. Maybe I don't really want a 360...

And sorry if this topic had one too many profanities, I hope you can understand, though.

You do know you wouldn't have to pay for live to get that download? They have Silver (which is Free) and Gold (which is the one you pay for)

Silver - You cant play games online but you can download updates
Gold - Do what you want.
Re: I (was) fooping peed.
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 11:08:32 am »
So after hitting random walls and insulting my Xbox 360's mother,
I lol'd at that! anyway if I where you I would buy it in a other store. Or as some other people suggested buy the Elite version.
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 01:24:26 pm »
  • Tyrant Rave!
I randomly read somewhere that 30% of all Xbox 360s are deffective in some way, I didn't quite think it was true, though.

GUILTY GEAR RULES!!! I AM AWESOME!!! WHY ARE YOU READING MY SIG?
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 03:41:38 pm »

You do know you wouldn't have to pay for live to get that download? They have Silver (which is Free) and Gold (which is the one you pay for)

Gold - Do what you want.
I wondered why you didn't do that D:

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 03:46:28 pm »
  • :D
You live in australia, right Hoffy?  I know that australia seems to often get the short side of the gaming stick, maybe the 360's are less reliable there, because I know that mine was simple to set up, and hasn't broken once in over a year.

By the way, I reccomend get Xbox Live Gold.  You need it for the 360 expereince.  Either get it or sell the 360 to be honest.
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 08:44:49 pm »
  • odens knop
On Kotaku some guy went back and forth to the store 4 times I believe.  You must have bought the systems from a bad shipment.

I randomly read somewhere that 30% of all Xbox 360s are deffective in some way, I didn't quite think it was true, though.

It's 30% of the release shipments, but that was a real setback for Microsoft.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 09:32:36 pm »
  • Silly cat!

Gold - Do what you want.
I tried to, but every time I tried to get onto anything remotely internetz-related, they would ask me to register for Xbox Live. And as I said, I wasn't prepared to do that because I didn't know if I was going to be keeping the 360.

You live in australia, right Hoffy?  I know that australia seems to often get the short side of the gaming stick, maybe the 360's are less reliable there, because I know that mine was simple to set up, and hasn't broken once in over a year.

By the way, I reccomend get Xbox Live Gold.  You need it for the 360 expereince.  Either get it or sell the 360 to be honest.
I'll probably wait for the Elite if it isn't too expensive. Looking around on my 360, I realize I needed internetz-power to have fun on a 360. My connection is terrible though (64k), would that matter?

Hoffy.
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 09:38:33 pm »
  • =/
 Unlucky man... you might want to get your money back and buy a new one somewhere else. I bought mine from Walmart and nothing has happened to it, no crashes, freezing, etc.

Gold - Do what you want.
I tried to, but every time I tried to get onto anything remotely internetz-related, they would ask me to register for Xbox Live. And as I said, I wasn't prepared to do that because I didn't know if I was going to be keeping the 360.
Hmm... when it gives you the option to sign, there should be three options:
  1 month (Price)
  12 months (Price)
  XBox live silver edition (Free)

I'll probably wait for the Elite if it isn't too expensive. Looking around on my 360, I realize I needed internetz-power to have fun on a 360. My connection is terrible though (64k), would that matter?
I know a few people who have 56K internet, and can still play XBox live. Connecting to the game was really slow (Around 3 min+) but once in game, it ran pretty smoothly. (Halo 2, 12 player match.) I doubt you can host games, though...

(Sorry, !@#$% up the quotes)

ArcticZero

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 01:16:57 am »
hehe, where did you get that 360 hoffy? because mine works fine and i have had it for ages, and i got it in griffith, anyway, do what you please with those moneez cause you might need them soon... WII GAMES *cough cough*
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 01:27:08 am »
  • Hookshot to the Future!
dont think 360 allows phone connector in it ?you need Broadband,they say its a requirment.
Check my ZRPG development blog at rev2k9blog.spaces.live.com
  • My Blog
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.736 seconds with 78 queries.