Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP] Bomberman: Bombs Away!  (Read 1036 times)

[WIP] Bomberman: Bombs Away!
« on: August 03, 2007, 09:40:59 pm »
  • MetalRidley was here
Description

Well, I decided that I needed a (short) break from my Zelda game and C++, so I decided to create a Bomberman game. I also realized that I technically never really finished a game (besides those very first "Touch the clown!" things) and I want to be able to at least say that. I have the engine completely done, all that remains is to polish and add more playable levels. I wanted something a little less ambitious, which shouldn't take too long, and this is the product of about a week's work total (not straight, I don't have that much time :P).

This game is solely a multiplayer game, playable with up to 4 players (currently) using any combination of keyboard and joysticks. I have plans to make it at least LAN-able, well, if I'm still interested in this once it's done.

Features

- Customize-able gameplay: three game modes to choose from, number of players, controls, "ghosts"
- Standard Bomberman: Placing bombs, trying to trap the other players into exploding and losing lives
- Powerups: More bombs, Stronger bombs, Faster movement, Pick up other players, and Kicking bombs
- Multiplayer: Up to 4 players at once, using combinations of keyboard and joysticks (possibly LAN later)

Screenshots

Trailer

Here's a trailer showing some quick 2 player action and after-game screen(well, both controlled by me). Of course YouTube messed with the quality a little bit.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01gPS_6aE_4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01gPS_6aE_4</a>

Help?

All I'm really looking for is a good font to use, as you can probably see the one I use now sucks pretty bad.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 12:16:55 am by OriZak »

THE MUSIC IS REVERSIBLE, BUT TIME IS NOT. TURN BACK... turn back... turn back...
Re: [WIP] Bomberman: Bombs Away!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 09:43:53 pm »
Looks good but add incentives...add new stuff,weapons, or power ups!
Good job so far,but ,with no disrespect, I could just download Super Bomberman snes rom and play that instead so add extra stuff that is your own personal "touch"
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: [WIP] Bomberman: Bombs Away!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 12:20:35 am »
  • MetalRidley was here
Thanks, if I still have interest after the 'bare-bones' stuff is there, I'll definitely add in more unique stuff. My second motivation for doing this (besides taking a break) was that I've never really owned a Bomberman game and there aren't very good quality clones that I've seen, so I'm doing this for a (slightly more legal than a rom) free internet version. Plus it's actually kind of fun to play with friends. :P

THE MUSIC IS REVERSIBLE, BUT TIME IS NOT. TURN BACK... turn back... turn back...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 39 queries.

anything