Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: !@#$%!!!!  (Read 4340 times)

!@#$%!!!!
« on: September 03, 2007, 05:08:40 pm »
So, I come home from a week of holidays in BC, and my Xbox 360 is broken!

I was playing Bioshock for about 15 minutes, and then it froze really weird-like. i thought it was Bioshock. So I turned it off, and then on again, and about 3 seconds into the intro it freezes again. So I's all like ,"WTFAF?!?!"
Next time I reset, it freezes right a away. So I waited a few minutes, and tried again. Guess what? Three red lights.

So I'm all like, "okay, they extended the warranty for !@#$% like this... I'll just send it in for repairs." So I ordered a box, but some people told me that the box takes 3-4 days, and the repairs can take up to 2 months (2-3 weeks at leased)!!! That means that I'm going to miss Halo 3, dammit! You don't know how pissed I am right now.....

And I don't even think that those retards down in Texas are even going to repair it. The page that I read says that if they can't confirm the Ring of Death, then they'll just send it back unrepaired. And mine plays perfectly fine until like 5 minutes in, and then it freezes, and then after a few times of freezing you get the red lights. I don't think that they have time for that.

!@#$%. If you guys spoil Halo 3 in any way whilst my 360 is away for September, I'M CALLING THE FBI. Please offer some moral support.
I mean, I don't even care about the 360 at all, I just want to play Halo 3. I even pre-ordered it!
Re: !@#$%!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 05:11:33 pm »

I was playing Bioshock for about 15 minutes, and then it froze really weird-like. i thought it was Bioshock. So I turned it off, and then on again, and about 3 seconds into the intro it freezes again. So I's all like ,"WTFAF?!?!"
Next time I reset, it freezes right a away. So I waited a few minutes, and tried again. Guess what? Three red lights.

So I'm all like, "okay, they extended the warranty for !@#$% like this... I'll just send it in for repairs." So I ordered a box, but some people told me that the box takes 3-4 days, and the repairs can take up to 2 months (2-3 weeks at leased)!!! That means that I'm going to miss Halo 3, dammit! You don't know how pissed I am right now.....

And I don't even think that those retards down in Texas are even going to repair it. The page that I read says that if they can't confirm the Ring of Death, then they'll just send it back unrepaired. And mine plays perfectly fine until like 5 minutes in, and then it freezes, and then after a few times of freezing you get the red lights. I don't think that they have time for that.

!@#$%. If you guys spoil Halo 3 in any way whilst my 360 is away for September, I'M CALLING THE FBI. Please offer some moral support.
I mean, I don't even care about the 360 at all, I just want to play Halo 3. I even pre-ordered it!
take it back to the shop you brought it from with the receipt and they will trade it in.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 05:25:27 pm »

take it back to the shop you brought it from with the receipt and they will trade it in.
I don't have the receipt any more. I bought it almost two years ago.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 05:27:54 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
If they send it back and it's still broke, video it crashing and red-lighting. Send it with the video, and if they still refuse, bring in your local solicitor.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 05:33:58 pm »
If you paid by card ask your back for any money transactions between that time, and then look for the one involving your 360 then use that as a reciept, they cant refuse it.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 06:02:46 pm »
If you paid by card ask your back for any money transactions between that time, and then look for the one involving your 360 then use that as a reciept, they cant refuse it.
Will that work even if my store warranty is gone? Because, like I said, I bought this thing 2 years ago at Wal-Mart without the extended warranty.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 06:06:56 pm »
Well, damn, Beaver O_O; hope you get it fixed :).
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 06:10:46 pm »
  • :D
Beaver, don't worry about it... I've heard that they've shortened the time it takes a LOT recently, stay positive :)  Plus, you get a free month of XBL :D
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 06:21:00 pm »
Beaver, don't worry about it... I've heard that they've shortened the time it takes a LOT recently, stay positive :)  Plus, you get a free month of XBL :D
Well, if I miss Halo 3, then they owe me Halo 3. otherwise, 1 month is cool. Hopefully you're right, Limey.... Thanks.

Wait, do they send it to a Canadian repair station if you live in Canada? I heard that the repair place is in Texas, but is that just for the US?

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 07:27:34 pm »
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 07:45:27 pm »
  • <3
HALO 3 SPOILER:
DUMBLEDORE DIES
n__n
I'm not on ZFGC a lot anymore, but I'm on the IRC channel.
Online Multiplayer Uno Card Game!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
  • My Website
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 07:51:29 pm »

Did you make that? Genius! I'll keep it, thank you!

HALO 3 SPOILER:
DUMBLEDORE DIES
n__n
lol.
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 08:47:06 pm »
hm.. I dunno about walmart, try anyway?
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 08:54:58 pm »
I dosay..
hmm
enter walmart and change your 360 for another 360 when no one sees you so it will be waltmart problem not yours :)
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 09:57:36 pm »
I dosay..
hmm
enter walmart and change your 360 for another 360 when no one sees you so it will be waltmart problem not yours :)
They hold their 360's behind glass, you know.
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 10:16:40 pm »
  • =/
 Canadian eh? Well, most Walmarts around my area will take the item back without a receipt if it is in the original box it came in. I bought a defective XBox controller from Zellers and Walmart took it back....
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 10:18:46 pm »
Canadian eh? Well, most Walmarts around my area will take the item back without a receipt if it is in the original box it came in. I bought a defective XBox controller from Zellers and Walmart took it back....
I would do that, but I bought the damn thing 2 years ago. I'm sure they would do that too, if it wasn't so old...

Well, I did buy a 90 dollar gun from Canadian Tire, and my friend broke it. I finally got around to bringing it back a year and a half later, and they took it back for store credit, without the receipt. But that's 90 bucks, this was 500.
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 10:26:18 pm »
  • =/
I would do that, but I bought the damn thing 2 years ago. I'm sure they would do that too, if it wasn't so old...
Alrighty.... if you are really desperate... you could try the towel trick.
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 10:34:45 pm »
  • n___n
Ship it out the day you get the box and you should get it back before or maybe a day after Halo 3 comes out. I shipped mine out on the 1st of August and got it back in less than 20 days. You should be fine.

Oh, please, don't elaborate. Just let him pull out his encyclopedia of infinite knowledge and look up "towel trick", I mean, you might as well wait for him to post back and say "wats dat" when you could have put it everything in ONE POST.

ps don't think I'm mad. I'm just being sarcastic. :D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 10:37:02 pm by araknidude »
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2007, 12:39:17 am »

Ship it out the day you get the box and you should get it back before or maybe a day after Halo 3 comes out. I shipped mine out on the 1st of August and got it back in less than 20 days. You should be fine.
It will be an insane feud. Because it's almost the fifth, and I need to go all the way to the postal office to get the box, then bring it back when I have it all packaged. And I don't have a car right now so my mom drives me everywhere, and she doesn't just go, "oh yeah, I'll bring you whereeeever you want, honey." Insane. Feud.

But it wasn't from overheating. It was just a stupid hardware failure. probably from my high-temper dad who likes to throw it when he's mad. Yup.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 12:42:19 am by Beavercanoe »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 73 queries.