Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The world ends on November 26th!!!  (Read 8548 times)

Re: The world ends on November 26th!!!
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2007, 10:46:07 pm »
As I understand it:

A black hole is just something with gravity so great it can pull in light.

So, what ends up happening is everything that gets sucked in by the immense gravity and crushed into something ridiculously small. I'm wondering where the 'alternate dimension' theory comes from...

Some people have theorized that a black hole, due to its own spinning and gravity, will twist and warp space-time. They seem to think that in some cases it may tear, spilling out into "an alternate dimension".

Load of crap if you ask me, but...
I don't think they even have proof.

That was stupid. Let me rephrase: They have no proof.
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2007, 11:27:27 pm »
Yeah, black holes are only theory... scientists still don't fully understand how they work. That's why their trying to create one in laboratories (though it would be a type of black hole that is inoffensive).
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2007, 02:29:09 am »
Yeah, black holes are only theory... scientists still don't fully understand how they work. That's why their trying to create one in laboratories (though it would be a type of black hole that is inoffensive).
Mosts scientists are insane. That's why they need their own planet for experimentation.
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2007, 10:12:05 am »
  • I choose you, Zorua!
Mosts scientists are insane. That's why they need their own planet for experimentation.
Instead of calling them names, you ought to be grateful. Without scientists, we'd still be living in a world dictated by the Church where we weren't allowed to disobey their distorted version of "the truth".
My name is Pitt
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2007, 10:55:28 am »
  • n___n
Instead of calling them names, you ought to be grateful. Without scientists, we'd still be living in a world dictated by the Church where we weren't allowed to disobey their distorted version of "the truth".

NO, NEO! Now you're getting into dangerous waters. Don't make this about religion, it's about scientists. Seriously, I bet that post right there will spark some religious !@#$% now.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2007, 12:19:41 pm »
  • I choose you, Zorua!

NO, NEO! Now you're getting into dangerous waters. Don't make this about religion, it's about scientists. Seriously, I bet that post right there will spark some religious !@#$% now.
Well, the Church was nothing but a band of criminals back in Medieval times. We all remember our history classes when we were told of the way Galileo was treated, right? Not even the most devoted christian can deny that his treatment was a shameful act of bigotry, so I don't expect this thread to turn into a debate about religion.

Furthermore, if you look around a little on the BBC Horizon site you'll come across the information that tells you what the odds are of having a black hole created: 1 out of 50,000. I'm willing to take the risk to find out more about the origin of the universe.

EDIT: Oh, and if anything: even if everything is destined to go wrong, the world will end in May 2008.. not upcoming November. Check: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider#Construction_accidents
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 12:22:11 pm by NeoGeo-x »
My name is Pitt

Dascu

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2007, 01:17:52 pm »
Quote from: Wikipedia
On October 25, 2005, a technician was killed in the LHC tunnel when a crane load was accidentally dropped.[13][14]
It's killing people already! D: Science be damned!

Also, to throw some more oil on the Religion vs Science fire: At least the Islam let scientists work freely back in the day. ;D
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2007, 09:45:00 pm »
You're all horribly wrong.
The end of the world is December 21st, 2012 A.D.
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2007, 06:02:42 pm »
Sarcasm, no? That video is bull !@#$%.
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2007, 06:12:57 pm »
You're all wrong!

The end of the world will be tomorrow! D:
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2007, 11:37:46 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Wow this is actually pretty strange...I certainly hope I don't get sucked into oblivion in may but then again I've had a good run.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Solarrain4

The Blurred Line In-Between
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2007, 03:18:01 am »
  • ...Is it recording?
I don't know if this article segment has been posted here yet, but if it hasn't, take a look at this article I read on LiveScience:

CERN spokesman and former research physicist James Gillies also pointed out that Earth is bathed with cosmic rays powerful enough to create black holes all the time, and the planet hasn't been destroyed yet.

I read a similar piece on Wikipedia.

That blog that said the world is going to end is complete bullsh*t. Get on with your lives, people.

EDIT: Referring to the fact that supernovas create black holes: Although black holes created by supernovas are huge, well, the supernovas are huge on their own. A particle collision creating a black hole just as powerful? Pfft. Yeah right.

Be serious... I have Asperger's syndrome (yes... that means I'm actually somewhat autistic :o), which means I can't catch on to certain things as easily, so I stupidly thought this was actually going to happen until I decided to go check some articles about it. I felt like I was about to faint, believe it or not.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 04:05:15 am by Solarrain4 »
06/29/2014 - forever and always <3
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2007, 01:07:04 am »
  • CRUNCH! I'll add it to the heap!
The end of the world will be when I wake up. Bitches.
And now after years of mocking him the pretending he played a massive part in our lives when really we couldn't care less just to ease our consciounse over said mocking healing can begin <_<

It's Steve Irwin all over again.
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2007, 01:54:00 am »
  • Protecting Hyrule from the forces of Darkness!
Oh crap! I've worked for months on Super Mario's Wacky Worlds and now it looks like I never get it done!
This has got to be joke or something!
Damn Damn Damn Damn Damn Damn Damn it Damn Damn Damn Damn it!

Edit: On a not to be flamed religious note, I guess will all see if there really is a God. Cause I strongly believe He wouldn't let us destroy the entire world by accident. If the worlds gonna end He will do it, or a badass meteor which ever comes first!

I calmed down and looked at the article Solarrain4 posted about and then at the article that was the topic of this discussion and I've come to this simple conclusion:

The world is NOT going to end by this black hole machine.
Here is a tip you all need to surf by.
When you find info on the web about something big follow these steps to test to see if its real:
1. Does the author give their Real name? If its just a screenname, check the profile if its not anyone like a Dr. or a PhD disregard it!
2. Proof-read it. Are there spelling errors? Smart people like real News Reporters don't make that many and when they do there not very noticable!
3. Look around the site its posted on. If its been directly posted to the site your viewing look around within the site to see if its a viable news site or linked to a news site.

Proof is in the pudding!
Solarrain4's information is correct.
and the other is plain old grade "A" HORSE TURDS with a side of HUMAN FECES!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 02:30:49 am by Zentawolcotious »
My screenname is pronounced:
Zen-ta-wo-cot-ious the L is silent.
Visit Parnell Games
Quote from: MaJoRa
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
Quote from: Zentawolcotious
Live today as if its your last.
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2007, 04:06:57 am »
Wow, I.... I actually kind of laughed at your first post. You, my friend, are quite gullible (sp, I know). I did find this article on the internet.

Anyway, so it seems that this experiment to supply power is real, but this black hole theory has been bashed to !@#$%.
I would have to say, though... This thing could still result in some sort of chaotic tragedy apocalypse explosion thing.
Perhaps I will find more information for us to look into, no? It seems apparent that we have some intelligent young persons on this side.
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2007, 04:36:30 am »

What !@#$% video? O_o
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2007, 04:58:36 am »
  • Protecting Hyrule from the forces of Darkness!

What !@#$% video? O_o

Uh, the one you see in school that talks about the Mayan Civilization mysteriously disappearing and there calender only goes to Dec. 21 2012.   
My screenname is pronounced:
Zen-ta-wo-cot-ious the L is silent.
Visit Parnell Games
Quote from: MaJoRa
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
Quote from: Zentawolcotious
Live today as if its your last.
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2007, 05:03:41 am »
Oh, you mean the only way to know about the Mayan Calender is to have watched some vid?
XD lmfao
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2007, 05:25:58 am »
Well unless you think we are capable of outputting more power than the sun (5 or 6 times perhaps?) into this project, i would not worry about even a remote chance.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2007, 01:30:30 pm »
Oh, you mean the only way to know about the Mayan Calender is to have watched some vid?
XD lmfao
Didn't say that...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.406 seconds with 125 queries.

anything