Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I has nice idea for a subforum.  (Read 2104 times)

I has nice idea for a subforum.
« on: September 20, 2007, 08:03:36 pm »
In Smart Talk, it'd be so cool if there was a World News forum. You could discuss national news, or worldly news with other members. Not only will this make less news topic in other forums, but this will also encourage people to discuss, as there's a place to do it, now. If it's made, I'll add news daily if I can, and I'm sure more people would. How about it?
Re: I has nice idea for a subforum.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 08:07:19 pm »
Usually, whenever I see news posted, it barely has anything to do with "Smart Talk". >_>
But I think it's okay.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 08:09:19 pm »
I like this idea. :)
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 08:39:13 pm »
  • :D
Concerning world news, I think it would be perfectly suitable for the Smart Talk forum.  This is REAL news we're talking about though, not random digg posts and internet news.
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 08:58:17 pm »
Yes, stuff that would be considered serious, but not really debateable. A smart chat about news that has no arguments.
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 09:04:27 pm »
I considered turning Debates into Current Events and Debates, but Debates should just have topics that are debatable.  Smart Talk can be used as a news discussion area and that can be part of its purpose.  Smart Talk is for anything you want to talk about smartly, if that makes sense, so serious responses and thoughts will be given.

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 09:37:17 pm »
I considered turning Debates into Current Events and Debates, but Debates should just have topics that are debatable.  Smart Talk can be used as a news discussion area and that can be part of its purpose.  Smart Talk is for anything you want to talk about smartly, if that makes sense, so serious responses and thoughts will be given.
To tell the truth I didn't completely understand the purpose of that board... I know we are supposed to talk seriously about serious things in there, but what sort of thing? Initially I thought "Maybe it's for polemic issues related to geopolitics, scientific researches, or even philosophy... but doesn't that go to Debates section?". So what goes to Debates, what goes to Smart Talk, and what goes to... somewhere else?
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 10:10:17 pm »
As long as it sounds smart, then talk about it.  The purpose of the board is to give a selected and willing group of people a spot to shine, and that is the boards intention. 

It can be different if it specifically targets certain issues of debate rather than larger concepts of the issue, world issues and current events, artistic interpretation, interpretation of other things, specific things regarding the future of ZFGC, etc.  I don't know, I am giving you all free range; well those in that board. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.464 seconds with 53 queries.