Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MY idea for a zelda MMO rpg...  (Read 2242 times)

MY idea for a zelda MMO rpg...
« on: September 24, 2007, 03:22:32 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Here is an idea for the ultimate Zelda MMORPG...

///Classes\\\
Now, when you first start up the game you can choose one of two types of characters:
Humans and Monsters. Both of those types of 3 different arching paths that you can take to develop your character as you level up.

Humans- Your class starts out as a villager, and villagers can niether attack nor do anything really that special. This is basically an introduction class, and after doing the first quest that you can go on you can choose one of three different classes after that. The different classes are in three categories, Courage, Wisdom, and Power. After leveling up a class in one of the categories, more classes of that type will open up for you. I will show you a chart for that.
                                         ->Soldier
           POWER -> Freelancer ->Mercenary
                                         ->Swordsman

->Adventurer
Villager COURAGE-> Explorer   ->Archer
                                         ->Outbacker 

->Mage         
          WISDOM -> Apprentice->Scholar
                                         ->Fortune Teller

This shows that you start out as a villager, then can choose from freelancer, explorer, and apprentice and then, as you level up, you can unlock new classes! I will explain a few of the main classes to you:
Freelancer - Basically a person with very limited offensive attacks. Freelancers are the basic offensive class.

Explorer - A person who likes to explore. This class is adept with maps, and is the basic of the item-skilled classes.

Apprentice - A person with very limited magical attacks. Is hard to control and master, but can grow powerful. The basic magic class.

So, as you see there are three arch-types:Magic, Offensive, and Special.

Monsters- Monsters are different from humans in that they never grow as powerful or as skilled as humans, but they learn a variety of diverse skills that are essential in solving puzzles and finding out and exploiting enemy weaknesses. You start out as a gel that is a lot like the villager class for humans. The classes are basically found in the same way except with Dungeon, Overworld, and Night classes.
                                         ->Like-Like
           DUNGEON ->Chu-Chu ->Lizalfos
                                         ->Stalfos

->Moblin
Gel OVERWORLD-> Octorock  ->Zora
                                         ->Leever 

->Poe       
          NIGHT -> Keese->Stalchild
                                         ->Guay

Chu-Chu - A basic class that seems to only hop around, however it opens up the possibility for stronger classes.

Octorock - A semi-swift class that can shoot rocks to damage opponents.

Keese - Not very good of a class because of low stats, however keese can ram into opponents.

So, as you see there are three arch-types:Dungeon, Overworld, and Night.

///Gameplay\\\
So, I was thinking that each class would learn a unique skill. For instance, the octorock would learn rock shoot, to shoot a rock at an opponent, Soldiers could learn the spin attack, fortune tellers could find the location of nearby hidden items, etc. You could move freely around the world and visit many different towns, islands, forests, you name it. Also, a core part of the game would be exploring dungeons and beating the bosses inside. Some dungeons would require the use of special powers like a locksmith's ability to open locked doors, or a Hinox's ability to weild bombs to blow up a boulder. I was thinking that also you could take part in quests for items, rupees, and access to other locations.

I will update this more with more ideas on the ultimate MMORPG zelda game, just respond and I would like to see what you guys suggest so far. One thing I try to keep with this is to make it unlike other fantasy MMORPGs with all of there fancy stuff and actually make it how nintendo would. I want to say this loud and clear though, I have NO intention of actually making this. I just hope we can all work together to make a template that perhaps one day someone could make a MMORPG off of.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 06:50:05 pm by kylink »
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
Re: MY idea for a zelda MMO rpg...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 03:06:22 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
Hmm... interesting.
Sounds great!
I wanna be a Moblin. :P
Give me more info on the classes like moblin or poe.
Such as stats.
What are you making it with? GM? C++?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 11:20:15 pm »
Hmm... interesting.
Sounds great!
Such as stats.

I will update this more with more ideas on the ultimate MMORPG zelda game, just respond and I would like to see what you guys suggest so far. One thing I try to keep with this is to make it unlike other fantasy MMORPGs with all of there fancy stuff and actually make it how nintendo would. I want to say this loud and clear though, I have NO intention of actually making this. I just hope we can all work together to make a template that perhaps one day someone could make a MMORPG off of.
I hope that clears things up.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 10:29:24 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
Hmm... interesting.
Sounds great!
Such as stats.

I hope that clears things up.

So then you have no real aim for this, and are literally making this to fail, so you will most likely pass it by and not care for it, and not put much effort in. Therefore, you have no hope for this, why should any of us? Why should we care about it if you aren't putting as much as you can, and therefore, why would you put it on here if no one will care for it?
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 03:02:17 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
No, you fail.

What he's doing is he's designing it to provide ideas to perspective MMORPG designers/programmers etc. which could inspire them to include in their game(s).
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 05:19:45 am »
  • I cannot lose!
I never thought that Gels could transform. But that's a really good idea, they seem like they'd be like baby forms for the other monsters. Good luck.
MGS4 == Best game ever. Srsly.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 06:13:50 am »
No, you fail.

What he's doing is he's designing it to provide ideas to perspective MMORPG designers/programmers etc. which could inspire them to include in their game(s).
Thank you...thank you very much *single tear*

I never thought that Gels could transform. But that's a really good idea, they seem like they'd be like baby forms for the other monsters. Good luck.
Thanks...good luck though? With what? I'm not actually making this...

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 06:18:30 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I honestly dont think Zelda MMO's should have classes or anything along those lines; gotta keep the format simple or else its just no longer a zelda game :p... Following Zelda's current format, and how its changed over the years, the presumed next step would be to make an MMO with a shitload of new items and mebbe customizable items; and let players match wits with that
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 06:23:05 am »
I honestly dont think Zelda MMO's should have classes or anything along those lines; gotta keep the format simple or else its just no longer a zelda game :p... Following Zelda's current format, and how its changed over the years, the presumed next step would be to make an MMO with a shitload of new items and mebbe customizable items; and let players match wits with that
Okay, but would everybody be Link? Because if you said something like there could be gerudos and gorons and stuff, then obviously they would have their own differences...which basically becomes classes.

However, thats probably not what you were talking about. I personally think it would be good to have some control over race and abilities instead of just Link or something like that...

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 06:27:22 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
yeah that is true; Gerudo's are kinda like rogues, Gorons are like warriors, Kokiri's are kinda like thiefs, I suppose I can see how that could kinda work without it hurting the feel of it being a zelda game; either way I still think it'd be neat, lol... I once had a zelda MMO (not graal. lol) from years back that was pretty neat; it basically had all of LTTP's hyrule and it had a ton of different stuff to do; sadly the only character settings were tunic color :p
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 06:40:15 am »
I do however think there should be an online four-sword type game where you could choose a color of link and duke it out with weapons and such. That would be neat. On the subject of classes, there is SO many you could have like you said:
Gorons - Berserker/incredibly strong type.
Sheikah - Ninja
Gerudo - Warrior
Hylian - Mixed people, warriors, mages, etc.

I also had an idea once for a fire emblem type zelda game where you had the different races fighting against each other.

(On a completely unrelated note, I think the adventureres guild or whatever from TP should be in more games after that. They were the closest thing to a ff-type party in my opinion.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.571 seconds with 61 queries.